• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 22nd: PM2019 118 - Satoshi Heads Into Battle! VS Daigo!!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
No summary, just a title.

AuraChannelerChris

"I'll punch you in the throat!"
Cue Ash completely owning Steven with no fainted Pokemon on his side.

Is the episode number wrong or is there a missing episode? It jumps from 117 featuring Cynthia's battle to this 119.

Red and Blue

Can't believe we have to wait a whole month for Ash's first match, lol. Anyway I think his third will be Sirfetch'd. Wonder who will take out Mega Metagross?

Sceptilee

Can't believe we have to wait a whole month for Ash's first match, lol. Anyway I think his third will be Sirfetch'd. Wonder who will take out Mega Metagross?
I feel like it will be G-max Gengar, since he faced Paul's Metagross recently and also has super effective Ghost/Fire type moves. It won't really feel right to have any of the 3 Champion Aces lose to anything other than G-max Gengar, Mega Lucario or Z-move Pikachu. I hope that it takes 2 pokemon to take these down to give them the proper respect and ensure they get a kill each atleast.

AuraChannelerChris

Gengar is going to be star only because it's the one Pokemon that got training to learn a move and actually fought a Metagross already.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Hope it’s not goes Drasna Way
If pikachu use his z move here , then I don’t see he win against Leon tbh

And I think ash will use the 3 gimmick each one of them per battle round

Sceptilee

Wonder if they’re remember that Steel has a lot of resistances or just have Ash curb him.
Honestly, Ash's team has pretty good coverage for Steven. Gengar has the new Fire attack (although only damaging while G-maxed), Pikachu can hit most of them for neutral damage and has Iron tail for Cradilly. Dracovish can hit the rock types like Aggron/Armaldo pretty hard with neutral damage on the others. Lucario has fighting/steel for the steel/rock types. Sirfetch'd has it's signature move for said rock/steel types. I don't remember if Dragonite has anything specific for them.

All said, type advantage doesn't mean much in the anime anyway. But still, Ash is pretty well equipped to handle this fight I feel.

AuraChannelerChris

Wonder if they’re remember that Steel has a lot of resistances or just have Ash curb him.
I remember when Kukui's Lucario had like some sort of invisible force field that went "NOPE" on Naganadel's poison attacks.

At least let the attacks make contact. It looks silly otherwise.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Honestly, Ash's team has pretty good coverage for Steven. Gengar has the new Fire attack (although only damaging while G-maxed), Pikachu can hit most of them for neutral damage and has Iron tail for Cradilly. Dracovish can hit the rock types like Aggron/Armaldo pretty hard with neutral damage on the others. Lucario has fighting/steel for the steel/rock types. Sirfetch'd has it's signature move for said rock/steel types. I don't remember if Dragonite has anything specific for them.

All said, type advantage doesn't mean much in the anime anyway. But still, Ash is pretty well equipped to handle this fight I feel.
His Dragonite only has Dragon and Flying type moves.

Red and Blue

Do we know he’s not using Dragonite or Dracovish? It resists Dragon and Water. I thought Sirfetch was just a theory or is it confirmed?
Sirfetch'd is still a theory. Even so Metagross doesn't resist Water moves so the only one whose entire moveset wouldn't be effective is Dragonite