• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 22nd: PM2019 118 - Satoshi Heads Into Battle! VS Daigo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The fourth match of the first round of the Masters Tournament finally sees the start of Satoshi's battles. His opponent is Houen Champion Daigo, whose powerful Pokémon drive Satoshi against the wall......? Satoshi doesn't just want to win for himself, but also for the sake of the friends and Pokémon that support him! Can he defeat the roadblock that is Daigo and pass his first match?!

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 興満録助 (Rokusuke Okimitsu)
Animation Director 山崎玲愛 (Rei Yamazaki)
Animation Director 伊藤京子 (Kyoko Ito)

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Can't believe we have to wait a whole month for Ash's first match, lol. Anyway I think his third will be Sirfetch'd. Wonder who will take out Mega Metagross?

Sceptilee

Can't believe we have to wait a whole month for Ash's first match, lol. Anyway I think his third will be Sirfetch'd. Wonder who will take out Mega Metagross?
I feel like it will be G-max Gengar, since he faced Paul's Metagross recently and also has super effective Ghost/Fire type moves. It won't really feel right to have any of the 3 Champion Aces lose to anything other than G-max Gengar, Mega Lucario or Z-move Pikachu. I hope that it takes 2 pokemon to take these down to give them the proper respect and ensure they get a kill each atleast.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Hope it’s not goes Drasna Way
If pikachu use his z move here , then I don’t see he win against Leon tbh

And I think ash will use the 3 gimmick each one of them per battle round

Sceptilee

Wonder if they’re remember that Steel has a lot of resistances or just have Ash curb him.
Honestly, Ash's team has pretty good coverage for Steven. Gengar has the new Fire attack (although only damaging while G-maxed), Pikachu can hit most of them for neutral damage and has Iron tail for Cradilly. Dracovish can hit the rock types like Aggron/Armaldo pretty hard with neutral damage on the others. Lucario has fighting/steel for the steel/rock types. Sirfetch'd has it's signature move for said rock/steel types. I don't remember if Dragonite has anything specific for them.

All said, type advantage doesn't mean much in the anime anyway. But still, Ash is pretty well equipped to handle this fight I feel.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Honestly, Ash's team has pretty good coverage for Steven. Gengar has the new Fire attack (although only damaging while G-maxed), Pikachu can hit most of them for neutral damage and has Iron tail for Cradilly. Dracovish can hit the rock types like Aggron/Armaldo pretty hard with neutral damage on the others. Lucario has fighting/steel for the steel/rock types. Sirfetch'd has it's signature move for said rock/steel types. I don't remember if Dragonite has anything specific for them.

All said, type advantage doesn't mean much in the anime anyway. But still, Ash is pretty well equipped to handle this fight I feel.
His Dragonite only has Dragon and Flying type moves.

Red and Blue

Do we know he’s not using Dragonite or Dracovish? It resists Dragon and Water. I thought Sirfetch was just a theory or is it confirmed?
Sirfetch'd is still a theory. Even so Metagross doesn't resist Water moves so the only one whose entire moveset wouldn't be effective is Dragonite

Red and Blue

I still love that Ash gets to beat both of Hoenn's Champions. Be cool if Wallace was watching the battle from Sootopolis City gym.

Megapixel

please don't be sirfetch'd already had enough scapegoats for a series i think dracovish will be here for the fossils sirfetch'd should go with cynthia.

Status
Not open for further replies.