• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 22nd: PM2019 118 - Satoshi Heads Into Battle! VS Daigo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickachu

Momentai!
Ash will definitely face Leon in the finals, and it's going to be very interesting without using reserves. If Pikachu will beat Leon's Charizard it'll be very amazing.
Problem is it can probably stand 10000 times thunderbolt like how it defeated mega Charizard

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Ash will definitely face Leon in the finals, and it's going to be very interesting without using reserves. If Pikachu will beat Leon's Charizard it'll be very amazing.
Amazing? Nah it will be big Pokémon vs Pikachu again like the Aloloan League only Gigantamax instead of Z-move.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I think that’s why this match can be a little interesting. The lack of personal connection between them it’s kinda the differential.

Ash barely saw Steven in action and we don’t know how much of research (if any) Steven made about Ash’s skills. He probably have only Alain’s and Sawyer’s words about it.

I think Ash’s Lucario has the Bond Phenomenon ability and it’s aura is how it was able to become such a strong Pokémon in so little time

Red and Blue

I think that’s why this match can be a little interesting. The lack of personal connection between them it’s kinda the differential.

Ash barely saw Steven in action and we don’t know how much of research (if any) Steven made about Ash’s skills. He probably have only Alain’s and Sawyer’s words about it.
He might of heard about Ash's skills from Wallace as well after he beat him

Depending on how it does against Leon and Cynthia, Mega Lucario will become Ashs strongest Pokemon ever, surpassing even Pikachu.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
After the beating he took from Greninja i'm not sure
Please, that was like one quick mentoring session + one battle + one offscreen training sequence ago, with JN logic that's more than enough for base Lucario to have far surpassed Greninja.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
After the beating he took from Greninja i'm not sure

that was more like trying to calm lucario down than an actual fight.

the way people harp over the situation reminds me of how people held Charizard's loss to Brandon's Dusclops back during the battle frontier due to disliking it, just like Lucario now.

Even though part of the reason Charizard lost was due to Ash being an idiot, forgetting that seismic toss doesn't work on ghosts.

AJ97

I don’t really care.
But this is how I’d like an Ash vs Cynthia to go when Garchomp comes out
Mega Lucario vs Mega Garchomp: Garchomp wins
Dragonite vs Mega Garchomp: Dragonite wins
If Ash doesn't have a single ace that stands out, how are we supposed to assume he's going to at the very least, be a strong enough match for Leon's Charizard?

Either Pikachu or Lucrario is likely going to be the ace.

If it's the former, then Pikachu needs to get the win against Mega Metagross, Remain unused in the Cynthia match and then be used against Leon.
If it's the latter, then ideally, Base Lucario should beat Mega Metagross, Mega Lucario beat Mega Garchomp and finally challenge Leon.

Since the first case isn't happening, Lucario at the very least, should defeat Mega Garchomp before the battle.

At the end of JN I’ll do a mega post powerscaling how strong Ash-Lucario is and all of its development
Also Lucario’s development>Greninja’s development if Ash wins

If Ash doesn't have a single ace that stands out, how are we supposed to assume he's going to at the very least, be a strong enough match for Leon's Charizard?

Either Pikachu or Lucrario is likely going to be the ace.

If it's the former, then Pikachu needs to get the win against Mega Metagross, Remain unused in the Cynthia match and then be used against Leon.
If it's the latter, then ideally, Base Lucario should beat Mega Metagross, Mega Lucario beat Mega Garchomp and finally challenge Leon.

Since the first case isn't happening, Lucario at the very least, should defeat Mega Garchomp before the battle.
Lucario basically stopping Charizards GMAX before going down allowing Pikachu to win will be what Ash failed to do in XY and will be the strongest feat of any Ash Pokemon because Charizard GMAX is the most powerful Pokémon in the world

AJ97

Lucario basically stopping Charizards GMAX before going down allowing Pikachu to win will be what Ash failed to do in XY and will be the strongest feat of any Ash Pokemon because Charizard GMAX is the most powerful Pokémon in the world
G-Max is not like Mega Evolution.
It's a temporary power that only lasts 3 turns. We've seen lots of regular pokemon be able to hold their own against G-Max Pokemon/G-Max attacks.

The anime seems to follow the games by allowing only 3 G-Max attacks. So tanking/avoid 3 attacks is not a big deal. Perfect example is the Rilaboom versus Chesnaught fight.
Unless of course, they make Leon's G-Max Charizard special and reveal that it is capable of lasting in its G-Max form much stronger (Given that it's Leon's Pokemon after all).

Would be better if Pikachu tanks/evades Charizard's G-Max moves and finally takes it out with 10MV.

Plus, if Ash is going to need multiple pokemon to beat Leon's Charizard, that would narratively be weak as this would mean that Leon could simply challenge Ash next season and take back the title in a 1v1 battle.

Obviously next to no chance of happening. However, in an ideal world, Ash goes back to train with Greninja Pre Lucario fight. He runs into Diantha and Alain there who offer to take care of the vine situation and Greninja rejoins his team.
AG is the final ace against Leon's Charizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.