• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 22nd: PM2019 118 - Satoshi Heads Into Battle! VS Daigo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
On one hand, I would love to see Steven obliterate Ash (being my favourite champion and all), but that also means they'll have a valid excuse to keep Ash for the next series and I really want him gone (so beating Leon will raise that chance).

Though ofc, who am I kidding. They'll do the worst of both worlds where Ash will beat Leon and still continue in whatever SV anime there is.

Megapixel

On one hand, I would love to see Steven obliterate Ash (being my favourite champion and all), but that also means they'll have a valid excuse to keep Ash for the next series and I really want him gone (so beating Leon will raise that chance).

Though ofc, who am I kidding. They'll do the worst of both worlds where Ash will beat Leon and still continue in whatever SV anime there is.
ash has been here for over 25 years, is it possible that we have entered a point of no return?.

tsunamimijumaru

Honestly, Ash's team has pretty good coverage for Steven. Gengar has the new Fire attack (although only damaging while G-maxed), Pikachu can hit most of them for neutral damage and has Iron tail for Cradilly. Dracovish can hit the rock types like Aggron/Armaldo pretty hard with neutral damage on the others. Lucario has fighting/steel for the steel/rock types. Sirfetch'd has it's signature move for said rock/steel types. I don't remember if Dragonite has anything specific for them.

All said, type advantage doesn't mean much in the anime anyway. But still, Ash is pretty well equipped to handle this fight I feel.
Will-o-Wisp is a status move so will change to max guard while Gmaxed not. It'll just be used to cripple Metagross and maybe block a move while Gmaxed

xtroDe

Honestly, Ash's team has pretty good coverage for Steven. Gengar has the new Fire attack (although only damaging while G-maxed), Pikachu can hit most of them for neutral damage and has Iron tail for Cradilly. Dracovish can hit the rock types like Aggron/Armaldo pretty hard with neutral damage on the others. Lucario has fighting/steel for the steel/rock types. Sirfetch'd has it's signature move for said rock/steel types. I don't remember if Dragonite has anything specific for them.

All said, type advantage doesn't mean much in the anime anyway. But still, Ash is pretty well equipped to handle this fight I feel.
will o wisp to make metagross' physicsl attacks halved and making it crippled (altho ill be pleasantly surprised if anime acknowledges this part of the game mechanic)

and no, gmax for will o wisp suddenly doesn't make it a damaging move

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Judging from the (albeit very brief) trailer I think they’ll go the Raihan route. Ash will probably plan to use G-Max Gengar against Metagross, but will have to use it already against Cradily to save Gengar from getting knocked out early on.

As for his third: He’ll probably start with Sirfetch’d to gain the type advantage, but Steven will defeat him to show his strength and to raise the tension.

Peakachu will then knock out M-Metagross to parallel Leon’s base Charizard defeating MC-X

Hope this is actually good

Rohanator

that's actually a cool episode title considering Satoshi's match is the last of the first round, we get 3 eps of action until it's the main character's turn to step forward, there's a sense of weight to his first battle that other tournaments haven't had since he usually starts. And assuming Iris loses against Shirona it's probably very intentional that we see two of Satoshi's peers fail to defeat veteran champions before it's his turn, it adds tension to his fight and makes his victory more satisfying, he'll do what Alan and Iris couldn't and break through the old guard, he's the flag bearer for a new generation of champions.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I feel like it will be G-max Gengar, since he faced Paul's Metagross recently and also has super effective Ghost/Fire type moves. It won't really feel right to have any of the 3 Champion Aces lose to anything other than G-max Gengar, Mega Lucario or Z-move Pikachu. I hope that it takes 2 pokemon to take these down to give them the proper respect and ensure they get a kill each atleast.
G-max Gengar might be a part of it but not sure it will be the finisher, as he still has a new move to use in his small form

Sceptilee

Will-o-Wisp is a status move so will change to max guard while Gmaxed not. It'll just be used to cripple Metagross and maybe block a move while Gmaxed

will o wisp to make metagross' physicsl attacks halved and making it crippled (altho ill be pleasantly surprised if anime acknowledges this part of the game mechanic)

and no, gmax for will o wisp suddenly doesn't make it a damaging move
Thanks for the correction! I don't know why I thought it worked that way, I might have misheard from somewhere that it was fire coverage for Gengar to replace ice. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.