• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 22nd: PM2019 118 - Satoshi Heads Into Battle! VS Daigo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuskAstral

The opening clearly shows Lucario and Leon's Charizard battling, and not Pikachu vs Charizard, so it should be pretty clear by now.
Not everything that shows up in opening actually happens in an episode.
So the fact that Lucario is facing Charizard there doesn't mean anything.
The ace in the final fight with Leon can still be Pikachu.

I'm betting on a Pikachu vs Mewtwo battle during the Project Mew arc
I don't think that's possible. As far as I can remember, only the official members of Project Mew can participate in the PM expedition, and Satoshi is not part of them.

Heitor160

I don't think that's possible. As far as I can remember, only the official members of Project Mew can participate in the PM expedition, and Satoshi is not part of them.
I believe something will go wrong during the PM expedition (possibly related to Team Rocket) and then Satoshi will go to the island to help the members of Project Mew
Not everything that shows up in opening actually happens in an episode.
The weird thing, though, is that in the third opening Pikachu is shown fighting Charizard, but in the fourth opening they've changed it to Lucario. Don't you find it odd that the opening would be changed if Pikachu was going to defeat Charizard?
I think the writers originally intended for a G-Max Pikachu vs G-Max Charizard battle, but then they've realised that G-Max Pikachu wouldn't be very interesting to watch due to how slow he is.
Plus it makes sense for Pikachu to be the one to win. Alola gets an exception for having a post-League battle as the real fight.
Pikachu wasn't the ace of the Johto and Kalos Leagues, though. It really depends on the season.

Trillion

will o wisp to make metagross' physicsl attacks halved and making it crippled (altho ill be pleasantly surprised if anime acknowledges this part of the game mechanic)
it's possible. it happened in the recent battle with paul

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
They rushed Leon vs. Alain. Every other battle is getting one or more episodes , even when Ash isn't participating. If you want an example of a rushed league, then that would be Sinnoh (outside of the Paul-3parter), Unova (1,5 battles and a Scraggy cameo) and Kalos outside of Sawyer and Alain.. they basically skipped over Ash's entire tournament outside of 2 match-ups (Greninja v. Altaria and Hawlucha v. M-Absol) to take us straight into semi's with Sawyer and Alain.
Well, with the Kalos league, I don't think we really want to see Ash steamrolling his way through each round with Greninja. Would be kinda boring imo.

Well, with the Kalos league, I don't think we really want to see Ash steamrolling his way through each round with Greninja. Would be kinda boring imo.
And then choking in the finals

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
He didn't have to use Greninja. I'm sure Noivern, Goodra, and even Hawlucha could have benefitted from those early battles.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Like I arent excited for this battle. We know Ash we win. We know Gengar will probably Gigantamax. We just dont know Pokémon number three, if they will even use three Pokémon..

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
That's not what I meant.
I meant why didn't they place the M8 tournament towards the end of Journeys? When the M8 is over there will still be like 10 episodes left for Journeys to end.

Probably because they have plans? Ten epidodes isn't enough for a debacle like Decolore Archipelago..

With everything I'm seeing, I've been getting this feeling that Project Mew are the Team Flare of this series.

Noivern and Goodra were in dire need of a win and there were a few Mega Evolutions unused that they could've had a good fight against - just like how they showed Hawlucha taking down Mega Absol for example. Imagine Hoenn League was as short.. and Glalie's defining moment was a tie against a Sceptile. Kinda weird how people didn't take a dump on it (because it obviously had more league battles to show its worth) as opposed to Noivern drawing to a Salamence.

And then choking in the finals

6-5 isn't choking.. >.>

Kinda crazy how Alain is in a couple of the most controversial episodes. Ash's league loss and his defeat by Leon.

People keep throwing the term controversial around so much they probably don't understand the meaning. Alain getting trashed by Leon in record time serves as the second to last time they can really hype him up as unbeatable. That simply isn't a controversial storybeat..

The 'Kalos League Victory'-episode is solely 'controversial' to Ash-stans that weren't able to see that such a title is ambiguous to who will actually attain victory and went with the assumption that it would be Ash until.. he didn't.. "but they played us! Such a troll title!"..

It's not a love or hate thing lol it's mostly negative about Ash losing and Alain vs Leon being ass.

This is also true. The whipe was easy to see coming. But there was no logic to Alain using Malamar - and certainly no payoff of any kind..

And the animation sucked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.