• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 22nd: PM2019 118 - Satoshi Heads Into Battle! VS Daigo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
In a perfect world this is Dracovish, Lucario, and Gengar. With Gengar staring. All three have some sort of connection to Steven's specialties: Dracovish is a revived fossil mon, Lucario is a steel type, and Gengar trained against Paul's Metagross for the sole purpose of facing Steven. But I know the mouse will weasel his way in as we've already seen, hopefully it's Lucario he's replacing in my scenario
In a perfect world this is Greninja hehe

Sceptilee

In the perfect world these are likes of Charizard, Pikachu and Heracross.
In a perfect world, we'd have a round robin where Charizard shows Lance’s Dragonite who's the true Kanto Ace, Greninja gets revenge on Alain's Charizard, Sceptile defeats Mega Metagross for Hoenn supremacy, Infernape takes out Cynthia's Mega Garchomp in the semis and then Pikachu becomes the ultimate Ace after taking out Leon's Charizard. Well, we might see that last part happen hopefully.

deliaketchum

What is the name of ost when matchups were decided on screen in latest episode? Can someone tell me?

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Well there's probably only 16ish episodes left after this, right? And the possibility of another break.

If Leon/Ash and Cynthia/Ash gets 5 or 6 episodes and there's breaks between them and at least 1 episode for Leon/Diantha or Lance, and a couple of episodes for farewell, that only leaves them with, what, 5 episodes for Project Mew plus probably at least one filler?
Well, we have (assuming no breaks)
July - 116-119
August - 120-123
September - 124-128
October - 129-132

Adds up to 17 episodes. 3 of those will be battles in the first round. At least 1 for Lance/Diantha vs Leon and at least one for Ash vs Cynthia. That brings us down to 12. At least 2 for Ash vs Leon, bringing us down to 10.
Chloe is bound to get one episode of conclusion, so down to 9. Project Mew should get at least 3 episodes, so down to 6. An epilogue arc, which should be at least 2 episodes (going off past series), so we are down to 4.

So my other possibilities for episodes are:
1. Extended Epilogue
2. Filler ep
3. Extended Project Mew arc
4. Ash vs Cynthia lasting 2 eps.
5. Ash vs Leon lasting 3.
6. Extended Chloe eps
7. Another break

It's unlikely they'll extend to November.

Last edited:

AJ97

Predictions for this battle:

Sirfetch'd vs Aggron = Double KO
Gengar vs Cradily = Gengar gets recalled
Pikachu vs Cradily = Pikachu Wins
Pikachu vs Mega Metagross = Mega Metagross Wins
G-Max Gengar vs Mega Metagross = G-Max Gengar Wins
If Pikachu is going to be Ash's ace against Leon, it would be terrible to have it lose against Steven's Metagross, consider how strong Leon's Charizard was shown to be.

Additionally, if Lucario is going to be Ash's biggest ace, that would be all the more absurd as we've just seen a couple of episodes ago, how AG was leagues ahead of Lucario. Would be stupid to think Ash is not using a confirmed stronger pokemon against the strongest trainers in the world.

I think G-Max Gengar will force Steven to Mega-Evolve and then lose. Base Pikachu will likely get the win against Mega Metagross.

Megapixel

Judging from the (albeit very brief) trailer I think they’ll go the Raihan route. Ash will probably plan to use G-Max Gengar against Metagross, but will have to use it already against Cradily to save Gengar from getting knocked out early on.

As for his third: He’ll probably start with Sirfetch’d to gain the type advantage, but Steven will defeat him to show his strength and to raise the tension.

Peakachu will then knock out M-Metagross to parallel Leon’s base Charizard defeating MC-X
I think Sirfetch'd doesn't need more humiliating defeats..

Megapixel

That's what me and a lot of other people were hoping for Alain's battle against Ash, instead being a Gen 7 Pokémon.

I think that it would be awesome. Better if it they kept as a complete surprise. Ash would need to find a way to maneuver around this "new" Pokémon that he has never seen before and maybe that's how he ends up learning about the S/V region.

I personally want Leon's team to consist of Charizard, Dragapult, Rillaboom, Mr. Ryme, Rhyperior and a Gen 9 Surprise Pokémon. I don't want Aegislash on his team since we've seen it utilized by Wikstrom. In the games he also has a Haxorus, but that's Iris ace so you know.
they showed 3 altaria, I don't think they would have a problem showing another aegislash.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Satoshi joins the war!!! Let's go

R.I.P Steven. You won't be missed

Meanwhile in hoenn wallace will be throwing the party in celebration of steven's loss.

In all seriousness tho, i hope they atleast show the image of wallace seeing this match.

The battle I’ve wanted for 18 years is almost here. It genuinely feels surreal. I can’t wait to see Ash duke it out with the best Champion :D

Pikachu, the Metagross Slayer will finally return!

Its kinda sad he isn't facing lance and diantha, there matches were also some which were highly anticipated especially lance.

DuskAstral

Contests or something like that I assume.
Koharu did not seem to be interested enough in the competitions to become a coordinator.
It is possible that she will go to the fighting (this is probably the only thing she has not tried yet).

AJ97

Gengar + Pikachu + Dracovish vs Steven
Lucario + Dragonite + Sirfetch'd vs Cynthia

6 vs 6 agaisnt Leon?
The Final Leon battle will definitely be a 6v6.
From the Orange Island arc, every mainline series has always given Ash at least 1 6v6 battle for an important match.

Don't see anyone more important than Leon coming in to fill this spot (Just like Kukui did instead of Gladion in Alola).

Status
Not open for further replies.