• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 22nd: PM2019 118 - Satoshi Heads Into Battle! VS Daigo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
The Final Leon battle will definitely be a 6v6.
From the Orange Island arc, every mainline series has always given Ash at least 1 6v6 battle for an important match.

Don't see anyone more important than Leon coming in to fill this spot (Just like Kukui did instead of Gladion in Alola).
I agree with the facts. But Alola set a sad precedence where the champion Battle was 3v3 and now we have Regional Champion Fighting 3v3 in 1/8. I believe prior to Alola 1/16 were already 6v6...

My biggest fuss about Master 8 Tournament is not the match-ups etc but the far World strongest Trainers are fighting 3v3.

I also believed we should've had 3v3 in Normal Class, 4v4 in Super, 5v5 in Ultra and 6v6 in Master.

ShadowForce720

I agree with the facts. But Alola set a sad precedence where the champion Battle was 3v3 and now we have Regional Champion Fighting 3v3 in 1/8. I believe prior to Alola 1/16 were already 6v6...

My biggest fuss about Master 8 Tournament is not the match-ups etc but the far World strongest Trainers are fighting 3v3.

I also believed we should've had 3v3 in Normal Class, 4v4 in Super, 5v5 in Ultra and 6v6 in Master.
That was because the final penultimate battle for Ash in Sun&Moon was not Ash vs Gladion, but instead Ash vs Kukui & Tapu Koko which was a 6vs6 battle.

Really at this point there is no penultimate battle that has been built up for Ash’s final battle for this generation besides Ash vs Leon. So it’s pretty safe to say that Ash vs Leon will most likely be a 6vs6.

Now any important battles for Ash after Ash vs Leon likely be against a wild Pokémon or a villain/antagonist which those battles aren’t usually 6vs6.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I mean it‘s evident that the writers try to avoid 6v6 battles as much as possible. We had none in JN so far, just one in SM and two in XY - where, however, each 6v6 felt like 2 3v3s due to the lack of switching. Then we had the Cameron battle, which is another can of worms, which means the last (and in my opinion only) good 6v6 was the battle against Paul which is more than a decade ago.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I mean it‘s evident that the writers try to avoid 6v6 battles as much as possible. We had none in JN so far, just one in SM and two in XY - where, however, each 6v6 felt like 2 3v3s due to the lack of switching. Then we had the Cameron battle, which is another can of worms, which means the last (and in my opinion only) good 6v6 was the battle against Paul which is more than a decade ago.

and even that battle is flawed due to how some view it...some because Paul might have weakened himself with the pokemon he used and used a clearly inferior strategy to the lake acuity battle...and others...Infernape wiping half his squad.

I would say in the kalos league Ash vs Sawyer was at least ok.

vs Alain not so much.

GLTSRY

and even that battle is flawed due to how some view it...some because Paul might have weakened himself with the pokemon he used and used a clearly inferior strategy to the lake acuity battle...and others...Infernape wiping half his squad.

I would say in the kalos league Ash vs Sawyer was at least ok.

vs Alain not so much.

I belong to those who criticize the Paul battle for him wasting 2 members, but at the end of the day, the whole dynamic of the battle felt like a proper 6v6 with all the switches going on.

I can understand the writers too, tbh. On one hand, not switching when facing bad match-ups doesn’t make sense (eg. Noivern vs Weavile), but on the other hand, unlike the games, where a switch is punished, there is no such thing in the anime.

The only way to circumvent this would be to limit the switches to 1 or 2 per battle.

I still love the XY battles for the animation and the “shonen-like feeling” of each match-up, but from a competitive perspective, only the Paul battle satisfied me somewhat.

xtroDe

I hope Ash easily beats Steven, not 'easy' but enough that his battle with Cynthia looks more impressive with Ash barely coming out of it
i want ash to barely scrape by steven and steamroll cynthia just to see cynthia fans foam at their mouths
What a sight it would be

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I find kinda strange listening that from him. Or he listened about him from Alain or he wanted to check by himself after Ash’s performance during the Team Flare finale.

Anyway, it isn’t as Lance and Cynthia have had a battle with Ash yet, but a half of the Masters 8 already did.

GLTSRY

I find kinda strange listening that from him. Or he listened about him from Alain or he wanted to check by himself after Ash’s performance during the Team Flare finale.

Anyway, it isn’t as Lance and Cynthia have had a battle with Ash yet, but a half of the Masters 8 already did.
My theory: He heard lots of stories from Sawyer, who began working as Steven’s assistant after XY

Status
Not open for further replies.