• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 22nd: PM2019 118 - Satoshi Heads Into Battle! VS Daigo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
6-5 isn't choking.. >.>
Ash had:
A 6-5 lead
A 5-4 lead
A 3-2 lead
So multiple leads by one Pokemon and he blew it. Only time Alain was leading before winning was when he was up 2-1 when Charizard KOed Pikachu and Bisharp KOed Goodra.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Ash had:
A 6-5 lead
A 5-4 lead
A 3-2 lead
So multiple leads by one Pokemon and he blew it. Only time Alain was leading before winning was when he was up 2-1 when Charizard KOed Pikachu and Bisharp KOed Goodra.

That may well be, but as far as we were told in that series, MC-X was built-up to sweep Mega, after Mega, after Mega, etc. A single-pokémon lead means nothing when Alain still had MC-X in the back..

It's kind of like saying that Dom in a random car somehow had a marginal lead all race, but Brian hasn't touched the nos-button yet.. Excuse the Fast&Furious-comparison, but I'm just trying to convey the fact that an early lead means nothing in situations where there are still many variables (such as Bisharp coming in with the Ohko-move and MC-X being busted as hell) to deal with..

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I just dont hope they rush through these battles to do ace vs ace.
Like Garchomp vs Haxorus
Or Gigantamax Gengar vs Mega Metagross

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I hope that Lucario won't be used here. I would prefer it if Gengar is the ace here, then Lucario in the SF and Pikachu in the finals. 1 gimmick per round/battle. Sirfetch'd being the 3rd mon makes sense here.

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
Funniest thing about the Alain battle is that I saw a video on Twitter yesterday of a Mega Charizard X facing a Master Trainer's Charizard in LGPE. Both of the Charizard were level 75 and at full health. Player's Charizard became MCX and then was OHKO'd by the opponent Charizard's Dragon Pulse.

I guess that fight was game accurate after all. Alain's Charizard already took recoil from Flare Blitz against Rillaboom and was hit earlier by Leonzard's Air Slash. And the game scenario had both Charizard at the same level. Leonzard was clearly higher leveled in the battle, so I guess it's no surprise that Dragon Pulse took Mega Alainzard X out.

Still disappointed that they brought my boy back just for him to lose in a half-episode battle.

DayQuil95

MCX was also hit by an Ancient Power to the face while slicing through the rocks with Dragon Claw. So he took recoil from Flare Blitz that one-shot a fully healthy Rillaboom, an Air Slash, an Ancient Power to the face, and then a Dragon Pulse. Makes sense on paper right? Yeah, but they failed to showcase this with the animation, Charizard didn't look hurt by any of that, it's the exact same thing that happened in the Drasna battle.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Leon's Charizard got a stat boost every time it used Ancient Power

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I honestly think Sirfetchd might be more likely here than Dracovish, idk why just get that feeling
I'd like whichever is the third mon tho be it Dracovish or Sirfetchd that they take down Stevens third mon which is hopefully Aggron, Pikachu takes down Cradily and Gengar takes out Metagross

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I honestly think Sirfetchd might be more likely here than Dracovish, idk why just get that feeling
I'd like whichever is the third mon tho be it Dracovish or Sirfetchd that they take down Stevens third mon which is hopefully Aggron, Pikachu takes down Cradily and Gengar takes out Metagross
Steven’s third is Escavalier so we can get that Sirfetch’d vs Escavalier match in the former’s official blurb.

Seriously though I could see Dracovish and Sirfetch’d in either battle between Steven and Cynthia.

Status
Not open for further replies.