• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 22nd: PM2019 118 - Satoshi Heads Into Battle! VS Daigo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Ash aging is equivalent of world ending, both of the things which is not gonna happen.
Considering everything going on over the last three years, I’ll be expecting Ash to age up at the end of this series.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
It seems like for cameos so far, we aren't getting Ash's main travelling companions in them:
  • Leon (Galar): omegalul
  • Alain (Kalos): Mairin + Sycamore
  • Lance (Kanto + Johto): Ritchie, Jimmy, Marina, Jackson - no Brock or Misty
  • Diantha (Kalos): Tierno, Trevor, Shauna, Sawyer - no Clemont, Bonnie, or Serena
  • Iris (Unova): Drayden, Alder, Trip, Georgia, Stephan, Bianca - no Cilan
  • Cynthia (Sinnoh): Volkner, Flint, Reggie, Paul - no Dawn
So I'm not expecting May or Max next week w.r.t. Steven. I didn't really watch AG though, so IDK who to expect. Maybe Morrison or Tyson?

Heitor160

Pikachu: Defeated a Regional Champion's ace (Wallace) -> Fairly Easily
Lucario: Defeated a Master Class Trainer (Regional Champion Equivalent or Beyond) Ace G-Maxed in its base form
Gengar: Basically took down 2 pokemon owned by a (Regional Champion Equivalent or Beyond)
Sirfetch'd: Took out an Elite four member's ace
Dracovish: Took out a Regional Champion's Pokemon who later made it to the master class
Dragonite: Took out the ace of a Regional Champion who later made it to the master class
It feels undeserved cause we barely saw any of these Pokémon training and getting stronger except for Lucario, and even him had a pretty lackluster arc compared to Ash's previous aces. All of Ash's Pokémon are super strong and have stronger feats than pretty much any of his previous mons, which feels undeserving considering all of his previous teams had much more training than the current one.
Dracovish defeated the pseudo legendary of a regional champion in his first battle, and then defeated Drasna's ace. All of this was done with barely any training.
Gengar, Sirfetch'd and Dragonite all follow a similar pattern to Dracovish, though in a less egregious manner. They got strong way too fast if compared to Ash's previous mons. Gengar had 7 battles, Dragonite had 5 and Sirfetch'd had 5, as well. Just for comparison sake, both Dragonite and Sirfetch'd were in less battles than Palpitoad, Boldore, Gible, Glalie, Scraggy, Naganadel, Melmetal and Kingler.

Sham

The Guardian of War
If you hate the central plot of the PWC and the entire tournament with such a burning passion; then maybe skip the series and wait until the next season?

2oq95i.jpg

I've never been as in the dark about the future of the Pokemon anime as I am now. What I am certain about is that the likelihood of any of the interesting ideas being proposed here occurring is incredibly low and what's even worse is if they do end up going with something interesting, the execution is likely to flop.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I've never been as in the dark about the future of the Pokemon anime as I am now. What I am certain about is that the likelihood of any of the interesting ideas being proposed here occurring is incredibly low and what's even worse is if they do end up going with something interesting, the execution is likely to flop.
For me I think its best expecting another BW situation where Ash is reset again from this point on.
Whatever they do next series I'm 100% the execution of it will flop.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
For me I think its best expecting another BW situation where Ash is reset again from this point on.
No way Ash will be reset to the point he was in BW, he was competent in DP and it was infamous enough, let alone with him being TOP 8

Heitor160

I think a soft reboot (a la movies 20, 21 and 22) is an okay alternative. Not great, but it could be worse
It preserves Ash's legacy and allows him to continue as the MC.

They could also change Ash's focus from battles to exploration and fighting legendaries or evil teams, while also creating a new character who would enter the gym challenge

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
A new character isn't always a silver bullet either
Goh was created as a second protagonist and it didn't work that well

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tbh the anime as one continuous story is way too contradictory that the past is kinda baggage. A hard reboot wiping the slate clean would be the best way to go

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
you know, as much as people don't like the Z-move, i'd like to see Ash manipulate the attack here rather than just send it forward.

I mean TR was able to manipulate Mimkyu's Z-move to be able to hold it's captives longer, so why can't ash change the trajectory of each stream and have them strike at different angles?

probably won't happen but I can dream.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
you know, as much as people don't like the Z-move, i'd like to see Ash manipulate the attack here rather than just send it forward.

I mean TR was able to manipulate Mimkyu's Z-move to be able to hold it's captives longer, so why can't ash change the trajectory of each stream and have them strike at different angles?

probably won't happen but I can dream.
The screenshot shows there will be something different

SkyBlaze9125

Looking at how the SM game is the first game where the player become the official Champion… I suppose that was a hint that Ash was gonna win thr Alola League and become the Champion. Even his final battle against KukuI replicate the player fight against Kukui.

i consider Ash’s match against KukuI and Talk Kokuo as a test to see if he worthy of becoming Champion. If Ash lost that match than his Champion title would be a joke.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Team Rocket has made this tournament

“Next round Hoenn Champion competitor Steven vs Alola Champion competitor Twerp ”

you know on the subject of that, I wonder if they'll mention Jessie's crush on Steven she had during kalos (at least during one of Sawyer's episodes anyway)

been a while since i've seen them so i can't remember if they went past that.

Last edited:
Steven is dropping to 8th if he loses right? I think Alain and Iris retain their rankings since they lost to #1 and #2, and Diantha just goes up 1 rank taking Lance’s #4. But Steven is losing to someone much lower than him, so Ash will take his #3 rank.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Not sure if this counts a spoiler or not since it’s not giving out specific details but, the leakers saying that this episode is worse than the last and this recent episode was superior makes you wonder.

They weren’t really specific where but is it

Pacing (ie how quickly it ends?)?

Animation?

Excitement?

Hype?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Mega Metagross vs Pikachu must be a snooze. But every Ash battle is pretty boring these days.

Subjective opinion since to each their own, to me it's what you want in a battle, do you want it to be flashy? do you want it to be a slug fest?

It varies depending on what each person wants individually, which is why we all have different opinions on things.
He should’ve used reserves.

Considering how long it's been since most of them have been used i'm honestly wondering if most of them can still even hold their own at this point, and would it really have changed the quality factor of Ash's fights?

Cause who's to say using them instantly fixes what we've had given to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.