• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 23rd: PM2019 074 - Darkrai's Midsummer Night's Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
A "special summer arc" of the "Pocket Monsters" anime TV series ("Anipoke" for short, airs on the TV Tokyo Network every Friday at 6:55pm) is going to air on July 23rd and 30th. Hikari and her partner Pokémon Pochama from "Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl" are going to appear for the first time in about 9 years.

In addition, key visuals focusing on Hikari and Pochama, as well as a promo video teasing a story centering on the Mythical Pokémon Darkrai and the Legendary Pokémon Cresselia, have been revealed. This story will involve Satoshi and Go learning that the inhabitants of a town in the Sinnoh region are being plagued by nightmares to the point they can't sleep, which leads to them suspecting Darkrai, a Pokémon with the ability to give others nightmares, as they head to the town to research the matter.

In the meantime, Koharu decides to take her partner Eievui with her and travel to the Sinnoh region by herself after the Sakuragi family's vacation there got canceled. Koharu and Eievui are really excited to be traveling alone for the first time ever as they head to Hakutai City, where a Pokémon Contest is going to be held. And on the way, they encounter Satoshi's former travelmates Hikari and Pochama.

In the promo video, we see a Darkrai on the night of a new moon seemingly being enticed by something or other, as well as a wounded Cresselia lying in a forest... It's time for Satoshi and Go's, as well as Hikari and Koharu's, adventures relating to these two Pokémon to begin.

Hikari's voice actress Megumi Toyoguchi is delighted over this return appearance, telling us that "We've already seen Iris and Shigeru, and this time it's Hikari and Pochama from "Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl"'s turn to appear in the "Pocket Monsters" anime! I was really nervous about whether or not I'd still be able to do Hikari's voice since it's 9 years since last time, but I had so much fun and felt so comfortable playing off my partner Pochama that I had a great time during the actual recording session."

"This is the first time those of you who started watching the anime with this series will encounter her, but I hope you'll like Hikari; She's as bright and cheerful as the sun and really loves Pokémon", she continued. "Her partner Pokémon Pochama is amazingly cute as well, so make sure to look forward to learning what this special summer arc is all about!"

-----

Satoshi and Go learn that people in the Sinnoh region are unable to sleep due to nightmares, so they head there to research whether or not this is the work of Darkrai, a Pokémon with the ability to give others nightmares. Meanwhile Koharu has gone to the Sinnoh region on her own, and believe it or not, she encounters Satoshi's former travelmates Hikari and Pochama there.

Screenplay 土屋理敬 (Michihiro Tsuchiya)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 中田誠 (Makoto Nakata)
Animation Director 倉員千晶 (Chiaki Kurakazu)
Animation Director 新岡浩美 (Hiromi Niioka)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

-----

POKEMON FAN:

THE GREAT CHASE FOR the MYTHICAL Pokémon DARKRAI and the LEGENDARY Pokémon CRESSELIA!

After arriving in the Sinnoh region, Satoshi and the others encounter two Pokémon that almost never appear! Look forward to seeing what kind of tale we're going to tell about Darkrai, which gives people nightmares, and Cresselia, which gives people good dreams!

DARKRAI:
Pitch-Black Pokémon, Dark type
A Mythical Pokémon said to appear on moonless nights. Is it connected to the mysterious nightmares that are tormenting the people of the Sinnoh region...?

CRESSELIA:
Crescent Moon Pokémon, Psychic type
A legendary Pokémon also known as the "Incarnation of the Crescent Moon". Is it being chased by someone...?

Hikari: A girl that once went on an adventure with Satoshi. Pochama is her partner.

"Darkrai's Midsummer Night's Dream" and "Cresselia's Midsummer Night's Light" are set to air July 23rd and 30th!
* Airdate and -time may vary depending on region. A different episode may air instead.

Last edited:

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Damn. Expecting this to be part of Project Mew?
But Sinnoh again. Guessing the BDSP stuff will put on focus on the region and lore.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
We've literally had an episode with characters named Romeo and Juliet before.
Fair but the story of those two is referenced in so much media that you don’t know have to know about Shakespeare to understand the reference. Also meant to put “title” as I don’t think the Romeo/Juliet episode referenced it directly in the title

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
An interesting episode title! I don't know, sounds like an illusion episode to me.
It technically is tho? From the titles, it seems like it’s a reference to the old Darkrai ep in the DP saga where the latter causes nightmares and they have to seek out Cresselia to resolve everything.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Would be nice if Go gets at least one of the Lunar Duo. Or both.

I think both of them would be comfortable staying at the lab unlike Suicune
Eh these are likely not capture eps.

Decidueye23

I think both of them would be comfortable staying at the lab unlike Suicune
Nope. Darkrai has to go around giving nightmares. So it HAS to leave lmao.

Can you imagine how ridiculous it would become, if Goh has something like Darkrai on Hand. The only challeneg wil then be getting legendary pokemon. And none of the Problems of the day like TR would matter. Unless, they come up with some excuse like for suicune.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Why not about new leganderies and mythicals we actually never saw?
I don't mind them showing as past Leganderies and Mythicals while tying up to Region Lore. This is something that should have been done from the start with Regions other than Galar since it is a freakin World Tour. The Closest we got to this was Episode 9 (though it was horrible). However, I can't help but feel that the placement of this Two-Parter is rather weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.