• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 23rd: PM2019 074 - Darkrai's Midsummer Night's Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I’m hoping we get a Brock reference here! Be nice for Dawn and Ash to bring him up like they did last time.

mystreon

the elder eevee
god the opening and ending are so bad in journeys, just makes me miss SM that much more future connection was a gem and type wild.

While as iv said in the thread worried a lil about how they wil portray dawn and show off her team, they were faithful enough with Gary and iris so i expect the sam e for dawn maybe even her having typhlosian and loppunny, fingers crossed.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
god the opening and ending are so bad in journeys, just makes me miss SM that much more future connection was a gem and type wild.

While as iv said in the thread worried a lil about how they wil portray dawn and show off her team, they were faithful enough with Gary and iris so i expect the sam e for dawn maybe even her having typhlosian and loppunny, fingers crossed.
Atleast the dub opening for Journeys is good, unlike the atrocity that is SM dub openings

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Atleast the dub opening for Journeys is good, unlike the atrocity that is SM dub openings
The SM dub was pretty bad anyways in general. Then again, the dub for Pkmn has declined in quality after BW.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The SM dub was pretty bad anyways in general. Then again, the dub for Pkmn has declined in quality after BW.
I mean, JN dub is pretty damn good. As good as OS-BW dub for me
(Although that's only by anipoke standards. By actual anime standards it's still a downgrade)
Considering they can invest money to make a bidoof rickroll they can easily get the rights to the Japan exclusive music too to use for the dub! Like aside from Lillie's voice the dub voices are good, it's just the BG music being replaced each time irritates me.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I mean, JN dub is pretty damn good. As good as OS-BW dub for me
(Although that's only by anipoke standards. By actual anime standards it's still a downgrade)
Considering they can invest money to make a bidoof rickroll they can easily get the rights to the Japan exclusive music too to use for the dub! Like aside from Lillie's voice the dub voices are good, it's just the BG music being replaced each time irritates me.
Supposedly TPCi does the BG music replacing cause it apparently makes them more money or something among those lines.

Last edited:
The actual plot for this 2-parter looks awful so I guess the best we can hope for is that Dawn updates us on what she's done and currently doing and if she's had any team changes? Not much else to note here.

But I really hope they don't push Chloe toward contests. It's so predictable.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This isn't a personal attack at you but what is with the interest in Chloe being heavily invested in a friendship with Ash? She treats him pretty normal and as a friend. She's come a long way since the first couple of episodes but I've seen a couple of people invested in her forming this close bond with Ash for....reasons?

For once, i agree with you. Not every character needs to be an ash fanboy/fangirl. One Serena is enough.

I'm not asking for a fangirl like Clemont and Serena. I'm just asking for a genuine friendship feeling. I don't think we've gotten there yet. There has yet to be an Ash and Chloe episode where they take center stage without Goh.

They still feel like acquaintances to me. I feel like Ash has tried to get Chloe involved in stuff but she's always hesitant. It wasn't until the Aerodactyl episode that we got some nice moments but even then that was on the side.

Chloe has yet to even see one of Ash's WCS matches yet Ash is always willing to help out Chloe with any of her issues.

Master Pikachu 11

I actually liked the third “the challenge of life” song from the 3rd opening dub as it brings in that Hawaiian feel to it, but I agree that I prefer “future connections” and “type wild” compared to all the English SM dub openings. “The journey starts today” song is probably the best song the English dub as done in a while

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I actually liked the third “the challenge of life” song from the 3rd opening dub as it brings in that Hawaiian feel to it, but I agree that I prefer “future connections” and “type wild” compared to all the English SM dub openings. “The journey starts today” song is probably the best song the English dub as done in a while
Its too short that when I feel any connection to it it immediately ends, making me have no attachement whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.