• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 23rd: PM2019 074 - Darkrai's Midsummer Night's Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Is there any mention on would the Contest be happening in this episode or the next? I forgot.
I don't think they said when it would happen. From the looks of it will be here. 75 should be too busy with Matori and Rocket

Sham

The Guardian of War
I don't think they said when it would happen. From the looks of it will be here. 75 should be too busy with Matori and Rocket
Okay because I wondering. It seems like a lot to squish in one episode unless they aren't showing the entire Contest in full except maybe a few minutes of it.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I’d say it would make the most sense at the end of the next ep, considering koharu meets dawn on the way to the contest place and we get these shenanigans happening. It’s most likely going to be the ending of the special in a ‘and dawn did a contest and everyone lived happily ever after’ sort of way.

and apparently the leak said it wasn’t in this episode as well?

Yce288

Grass type FTW
The previous episode had Eiscue, a pokemon based on penguin in it and now this episode gonna have Piplup, another pokemon based on penguin in it.
Also it seems like the XY gang was skipped.
The alola gang barring Lillie returned in episode 37.
Iris returned in episode 65.
and now Dawn gonna appear in episodes 74-75.

Last edited:

Yce288

Grass type FTW
There isn't a pattern to returns. Nobody's been skipped.
Thats why i used the words "it seems like" in my comment.
after Ash didnt catch a grass type pokemon in Kalos, a water type pokemon and the regional bird in Alola, nothing is certain.

kickachu

Momentai!
Question anybody think Chloe will want to do or start to get an idea

RafaSceptile

Now that I think about it, Dawn and Chloe are very opposite, in the sense of the fact that Johanna was a top tier coordinator and Dawn decided to be one too inspired by her mother, meanwhile Chloe don't want to be a Pokémon Professor just because her father is one.
I hope this or the next episode has some talk about this topic, because I think it is a good opportunity to address this topic.

D

Deleted member 384931

Now that I think about it, Dawn and Chloe are very opposite, in the sense of the fact that Johanna was a top tier coordinator and Dawn decided to be one too inspired by her mother, meanwhile Chloe don't want to be a Pokémon Professor just because her father is one.
I hope this or the next episode has some talk about this topic, because I think it is a good opportunity to address this topic.
I hope so... It would be a great idea.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Except that would require her to battle, and the show has never had her do more than the bare minimum of calling one (sometimes two) attack per battle.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Chloe isn't even a main character.
She doesn't count as a companion yet.
I don't get people who's demanding her to actually do something. She's fine the way she is although if they actually have her get a goal or sth it'll be appreciated.
The way she is shown in the current opening makes it looks like she gonna do something bigger than she did in the first 48 episodes.
look at episode 55(the episode that took place in Glimwood Tangle, most of focus in the episode was on Chloe.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Chloe isn't even a main character.
She doesn't count as a companion yet.
I don't get people who's demanding her to actually do something. She's fine the way she is although if they actually have her get a goal or sth it'll be appreciated.
Yeah, in terms of heavy prominence and focus + shine like that I expect her to mostly be focused on her musings in life, some feminine charm/appeal and Eevee’s own care but not anything huge like becoming some proactive and solid fighter as her role isn’t about that. It’s easy to see her as using Kyodaimax Eevee but then you have to remember they didn’t show all Megas, Z-moves and have been steady on Galar Pokémon introductions too. They don’t have to show Kyodaimax Eevee.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Yeah, in terms of heavy prominence and focus + shine like that I expect her to mostly be focused on her musings in life, some feminine charm/appeal and Eevee’s own care but not anything huge like becoming some proactive and solid fighter as her role isn’t about that. It’s easy to see her as using Kyodaimax Eevee but then you have to remember they didn’t show all Megas, Z-moves and have been steady on Galar Pokémon introductions too. They don’t have to show Kyodaimax Eevee.
Except Eevee is one of the Franchise's biggest mascots next to Pikachu and Charizard. It's G-Max is definitely going to be showcased

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
They are most likely treating Eevee's G-max as a joke like something Chloe didn't intended to but happened because "comedy"

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
The way she is shown in the current opening makes it looks like she gonna do something bigger than she did in the first 48 episodes.
look at episode 55(the episode that took place in Glimwood Tangle, most of focus in the episode was on Chloe.
If so then it'll be welcome and appreciated. Looking forward to it.

I agree.
But I personally will always like if she gets a decent goal and her Eevee gets stronger with either Dynamax or whatever else.

Status
Not open for further replies.