• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 23rd: PM2019 074 - Darkrai's Midsummer Night's Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I always wondered where the idea came from that darkrai specifically wanted ash's help.
I’m gonna guess it’s from the spanish and portuguese speaking parts of the fandom where I’ve noticed alot of them have noticeably been speculating and hoping that Darkrai could be caught by Ash which ofc is stupid and amusing at the same time.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I’m gonna guess it’s from the spanish and portuguese speaking parts of the fandom where I’ve noticed alot of them have noticeably been speculating and hoping that Darkrai could be caught by Ash which ofc is stupid and amusing at the same time.
Why would that be stupid?
If Goh caught a Suicune then Ash catching a Darkrai is stupid?

PsychoLogical

Why would that be stupid?
If Goh caught a Suicune then Ash catching a Darkrai is stupid?
Ash catching Darkrai wouldn’t be stupid, I’m actually down for that happening to be quite frank. But the thought of it technically is due to the extreme unlikeliness of the idea actually happening.

Kuzehiko

Ash catching Darkrai wouldn’t be stupid, I’m actually down for that happening to be quite frank. But the thought of it technically is due to the extreme unlikeliness of the idea actually happening.
Again, why would that be unlikely to happen? It's probably from now on Goh will catch some legendary and mythical Pokemon more. I honestly don't see how it's unlikely to happen for Ash. Are we also forgetting Ash owns a Melmetal?

PsychoLogical

Again, why would that be unlikely to happen? It's probably from now on Goh will catch some legendary and mythical Pokemon more. I honestly don't see how it's unlikely to happen for Ash. Are we also forgetting Ash owns a Melmetal?
What makes it highly unlikely is due to mainly how he does in catching which is often low like SM laughably was (as they refused to get a replacement for Poipole/Naganadel) and despite how things look right now, it’s still pretty doubtful for Ash to catch himself a Legendary or even another Mythical due to circumstances like Go is although those catches are an extremely rare occurrence as it only happened once and how despite the chances of him owning more than 6 being decently high despite also the stagnancy of his captures right now, there just options that tend to have the higher chance and Mythicals and Legendaries often aren’t one of them.

I’m down for Ash owning another Mythical or even his first Legendary as I noted earlier, dont get me wrong, I even hope and encourage that it happens. The issue is that the alternatives are often higher chanced than the main point.

Last edited:

Kuzehiko

What makes it highly unlikely is due to mainly how he does in catching which is often low like SM laughably was (as they refused to get a replacement for Poipole/Naganadel) and despite how things look right now, it’s still pretty doubtful for Ash to catch himself a Legendary or even another Mythical due to circumstances like Go is although those catches are an extremely rare occurrence as it only happened once and how despite the chances of him owning more than 6 being decently high despite also the stagnancy of his captures right now, there just options that tend to have the higher chance and Mythicals and Legendaries often aren’t one of them.

I’m down for Ash owning another Mythical or even his first Legendary as I noted earlier, dont get me wrong, I even hope and encourage that it happens. The issue is that the alternatives are often higher chanced than the main point.
You see.
The way Goh caught Suicune was laughable to be honest. I don't think anything is stopping him from catching any other legendary/mythical Pokemon in later episodes imo.

Now if you are actually trying to tell me that Ash isn't the kind of trainer that prefers to catch and battle with legendary or mythical Pokemon on his team but ordinary Pokemon from whom he can get the best out of them then I agree with you. Catching Darkrai won't suit him.
I personally don't care whether he catches him or not, I only want Dawn to catch Cresselia and if you tell me that is unlikely then I will say you are right but for some reason I wanna see her catch an OP Pokemon for her team.

PsychoLogical

You see.
The way Goh caught Suicune was laughable to be honest. I don't think anything is stopping him from catching any other legendary/mythical Pokemon in later episodes imo.

Now if you are actually trying to tell me that Ash isn't the kind of trainer that prefers to catch and battle with legendary or mythical Pokemon on his team but ordinary Pokemon from whom he can get the best out of them then I agree with you. Catching Darkrai won't suit him.
I personally don't care whether he catches him or not, I only want Dawn to catch Cresselia and if you tell me that is unlikely then I will say you are right but for some reason I wanna see her catch an OP Pokemon for her team.
Nothing’s stopping him (Go). Just that those moments are just extremely rare. And what I’m actually saying is that the options being made for what Ash catches are highly likely at times going to be regular mons rather than Legendaries or Mythicals. Nothing’s stopping him from owning another Mythical or own his first Legendary either. If they decide to have Ash own another mythical (like this Darkrai hypothetically) or his first Legendary then fine, whatever. Nothing wrong with that.

And I wouldn’t mind Dawn owning this Cresselia either, I like the idea in fact cause why not. Would essentially be a dreammaker for her in contests.

Guy100

Question, why do you feel so cynical on the subject matter of Darkai being caught by Ash, after its been shown from a previous series of the latter catching and keeping a very rare mythical pokemon (Melmetal). Evenmore, Ash even caught a dragonite, a pokemon many speculated he would never catch, as his first capture of this season.

It was many people who were VERY cynical of Goh catching and keeping Suicune, and yet he accomplished said feat many thougth he would never do. If the writers ar willing to go so far as to allow a new protagonist to catch a rare legendary, whats keeping them from allowing Ash to catch a rare mythical (Darkai).

Guy100

Nothing’s stopping him (Go). Just that those moments are just extremely rare. And what I’m actually saying is that the options being made for what Ash catches are highly likely at times going to be regular mons rather than Legendaries or Mythicals. Nothing’s stopping him from owning another Mythical or own his first Legendary either. If they decide to have Ash own another mythical (like this Darkrai hypothetically) or his first Legendary then fine, whatever. Nothing wrong with that.

And I wouldn’t mind Dawn owning this Cresselia either, I like the idea in fact cause why not. Would essentially be a dreammaker for her in contests.
Sorry if I missed to scroll down to see your previous comments. What I'd like to get across based on your comments regarding those moments being extremly rare. I would like for fans to consider that this is an extremely rare season, since Ash is already catching pokemon he would not have normally caught; Lucario, Gengar and Dragonite. I feel like this is due to the writers fufilling alot of fans wish list captures based on the 2020 pokemon poll, and the debut of the pokemon world tournament. In that regard, its to be expected for Ash to capture more powerful and rare species of Pokemon based on the scenario of him competing against stronger trainers. Again, he caught a dragonite as his first capture and nobody saw this happening. I say the plot allows justification for Ash to catch and collect powerful pokemon, such as legendaries and mythical since he no longer traveling to collect badges, but competing with the best.

If there was a time, that the writers would give leeway for Ash to catch powerhouses like legendaries to build a strong team, this is that opportunity, since the plot revolves around him aiming to be the strongest trainer. Fingers crossed, but since this episode is a two parter, I think its likely a capture will happen, since it gives an opportunity for Ash to build a bond with darkai.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Except Eevee is one of the Franchise's biggest mascots next to Pikachu and Charizard. It's G-Max is definitely going to be showcased
While that is true; you could argue the story telling mechanic is pointing toward Koharu’s having the Kyodaimax factor it could also just be a red-herring to illustrate Eevee’s confusion in its path. Pikachu can Kyodaimax but still runs away from the Thunder Stone the other Pikachu was chasing it with.

But that is a VERY valid point about wanting to use Eevee’s shillmon status. I think I’m uncaring about Kyodaimax as a feature since the writers ignore it, the battles are not that amazing and even Iwane tweeted (IIRC; that they’re a pain to animate)

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I'm really hoping they just scrap the Gigantamax thing all together and like said be used as a red-herring. If it turns out Eevee simply can't evolve instead of making up it's mind it would be a huge cop out in my opinion and make the story quite pointless. Eevee wouldn't have a choice to make because there is no choice. Not to mention this would be the second Eevee in a row that didn't evolve.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I'm really hoping they just scrap the Gigantamax thing all together and like said be used as a red-herring. If it turns out Eevee simply can't evolve instead of making up it's mind it would be a huge cop out in my opinion and make the story quite pointless. Eevee wouldn't have a choice to make because there is no choice. Not to mention this would be the second Eevee in a row that didn't evolve.
Yeah there doesn’t need to be an overly grandiose “special” quality to Koharu’s Eevee that’s forcing it to not have the agency to evolve the more simple storyline of Eevee being unsure of itself matches just fine for both of their characters without forcing a battle mechanic into things.

On another note; kind sucks Ms. Mimirol won’t be showing her trademarked Pikachu crush off here. Togedemaru seemed to dig Pikachu but I don’t recall if it was eventually a crush or just fondness but Mamane called Pikachu Togedemaru’s “beloved” a few times iirc.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd love it if Ash got Darkrai, I've always loved it and before Zeraora came along it was my favorite mythical! Plus now that Dark types are actually being treated like Dark types under Ash, we really need one on his team!
Oh and Cresslia would be perfect for Dawn

They can fix their mistake with Greninja and Incineroar sure but I'm not expecting them to fight anytime soon
That is precisely WHY I hate the idea of that scenario being canon. Meowth and Pikachu's decisions are no longer their own, they're stuck that way.
It's stupid and arguably 'Pikachu/Charizard betray Ash' level of awful, don't undermine Meowth and Pikachu's decisions by making it impossible.

Besides future games might inevitably have a "You can't do this new gimmick if a Pokemon can Gigantamax" and that obviously won't tie to Pikachu and Meowth
And until proven otherwise it looks as if any old Pikachu could just go G-Max, y'know like the games should have handled it initially.... instead of making you dump your route 1 Corviknight for a G-Max Corviknight.... I actually like the games but I can never forgive them for that!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
And until proven otherwise it looks as if any old Pikachu could just go G-Max, y'know like the games should have handled it initially.... instead of making you dump your route 1 Corviknight for a G-Max Corviknight.... I actually like the games but I can never forgive them for that!
Max Soup is your friend!

D

Deleted member 384931

So why does Darkrai need help? I mean arent Dakrai and Cresselia enemies? Cant Darkrai do endless nightmares without Cresellia being around?

Status
Not open for further replies.