• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 24: XY036 - A Sky Battle?! Hawlucha VS Talonflame!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon like Pidgey and Taillow are not eligible for Sky Battles but we know in the anime, that they should be very capable in participating in one. If Hawlucha can fly or at least be in air for a considerable amount of time, I don't think that it's too much of a problem for it to participate in a Sky Battle even if it can't in the games.

With that said, I'm excited to see both Hawlucha and Talonflame. Definitely looking forward to their battle and what that'll exactly look like.

Rohanator

When? By whom? I haven't even heard of that.. All I know is that Fletchling should've evolved by the time XY35 rolls around, because that would've been the last episode prior to the movie if XY24 wasn't skipped. Anything later and it should be Fletchling on the movie poster, not Fletchinder.

There was that scan with Ash in a Sky Battle suite + Fletching and then a picture of Fletchling shrouded in Fire and looking like it was struggling with the text saying something happens to Yayakoma.

found it: https://31.media.tumblr.com/15a029aab3c21574e83691ce12f9482b/tumblr_n73shpapYh1r2iinvo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
isn't Ash cheating by using hawlucha in a sky battle?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Is this the episode where Ash catches a Hawlucha? sounds like a good episode to me ^.^

nah that episode is xy 35, ash already has a hawlucha here and is using to battle it with a female sky trainer's talonflame.

Janovy

Banned
Is this the episode where Ash catches a Hawlucha? sounds like a good episode to me ^.^
No, he catches Hawlucha in XY035 - episode before this one. But I believe that Fletchling will evolve here so both birds will get focus.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Wasn't Fletchling pretty much confirmed to evolve in a Sky Battle episode? Soo I guess both of his Flying types get battles in this episode, nice.

i guess its pretty obvious that fletchling probably might evolve in this episode, i just can't wait on how they are going to handle this hawlucha thing

NatsuLian

Is it just me or the writers are having Ash battle women COTD a bit more in this XY Saga.

I mean except for the Rival or Gym battles Ash have rarely battled women/girls, especially a COTD in the TV series until now.

I don't think it matters. Trainers are trainers and I guess woman Pokemon trainers are far better trainers than men/boy in Kalos. :D

Haunter ゴースト

Am i the only person who doesn't care that Hawlucha is in a Sky Battle despite it's in-game limitation?

It's no big deal, seriously. I mean come on even in-game it was ridiculous not to include a new flying type like Hawlucha into them, the Anime is doing it justice by allowing it to enter something it should have done all along.

I don't like Talonflames design in the slightest, so hopefully the Anime makes it look good here.

thunder2910

Loves pizza
Am i the only person who doesn't care that Hawlucha is in a Sky Battle despite it's in-game limitation?

It's no big deal, seriously. I mean come on even in-game it was ridiculous not to include a new flying type like Hawlucha into them, the Anime is doing it justice by allowing it to enter something it should have done all along.

I don't like Talonflames design in the slightest, so hopefully the Anime makes it look good here.

I don't really care about it too, since its a fact that its a flying type so it works for me, the anime always makes pokemon look awesome some-way or another so I'm looking forward to talonflame's debut

X Drake

I Am Groot

You're not alone.For me if it's flying type or it has wings that allows it to fly or if they float,they are eligible for Sky Battles.

Well the Anime usually does make pokemon look better than it does it the game.So Talonflame should look pretty badass.

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
Hawlucha being in this episode follows suit with other new pokemon. Every time a new pokemon gets caught, he gets focus for about five episodes straight. So Hawlucha being here makes sense. Due to Sky Battles being the main focus of the episode. I would like to see how Hawlucha battles. I due hope he learns a strong Flying-type move in this episode.

If this is Fletchlings evolution episode it would be nice due to the whole evolutionary line being in the episode.

Arrow-Jolteon

Electric Trainer
How ironic that Hawlucha is able to participate in a Sky Battle here where in the games it can't. While I much would have preferred Fletching/Fletchinder to be the star of a Sky Battle, the fact that the opponent is a Talonflame does make Hawlucha a more favorable matchup... good luck with that type disadvantage, Hawlucha.

nickdt

Maybe its Ash intention to let Hawlucha battle. But when his opponent says he cannot use Hawlucha because its attatched to the ground, Ash calls out Fletchling. In the thick of battle and close to being deafeted, Fletchling evolves into Fletchinder and gives Ash his first Sky battle victory.

X Drake

I Am Groot
Maybe its Ash intention to let Hawlucha battle. But when his opponent says he cannot use Hawlucha because its attatched to the ground, Ash calls out Fletchling. In the thick of battle and close to being deafeted, Fletchling evolves into Fletchinder and gives Ash his first Sky battle victory.
I doubt that,since they already showed the battle sign where they have the trainers with their pokemon.Plus the title of the episode makes this impossible too.Also I doubt a freshly evolved Fletchinder is capable of defeating a Talonflame who is most likely more experienced.

diakyu

Uh, is this not Fletchling's evolution episode? Or will there be another Skybattle episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.