• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 24: XY036 - A Sky Battle?! Hawlucha VS Talonflame!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I don't mind this at all but I hate that Hawlucha I'm worried that Hawlucha will be taking the role of Ash's main flying type. He should use it as a fighting type.

Enough with these made up roles!

The role of the Flying type,the role of the Fire type...who gives a ****?It's just a battle between two Flying types.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Normally, I don't get upset when the anime defies game logic, but this is one time I feel like I have to call bull since Hawlucha can't even be used in Sky Battles in the games.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So this is the Sky Battle episode. Good. I don't care much for Hawlucha's hype, but at least he's off to a good start battle wise.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Enough with these made up roles!

The role of the Flying type,the role of the Fire type...who gives a ****?It's just a battle between two Flying types.

I do for one, because they matter. If you have two pokemon of one type, one always gets screwed over for the other unless they have another type to focus on, sorry but it's true and has been the case since Kanto. Even if they have another type, they still could get screwed over(Snivy/Leavanny, Mijumaru/Palpitoad, Squirtle/Kingler....I could go on but you get the point).

I do for one, because they matter. If you have two pokemon of one type, one always gets screwed over for the other unless they have another type to focus on, sorry but it's true and has been the case since Kanto. Even if they have another type, they still could get screwed over(Snivy/Leavanny, Mijumaru/Palpitoad, Squirtle/Kingler....I could go on but you get the point).

I disagree. They can get screwed over, but they don't always get screwed over like you said. Gliscor and Staraptor in Sinnoh were both treated very well. They had different purposes and, despite both being Flying-types, they both got pretty much equal battling and development. Charizard and Pignite in BW immediately hit it off. They used their combination Flamethrowers and acted like long lost brothers. Neither one really did more or less than the other. The same thing will probably happen here since Fletchling and Hawlucha's battle styles, like Staraptor and Gliscor's, will be very different. Fletchling will obviously have Fire-type added to it, but it will probably be the main Flying-type Pokemon. Hawlucha could have a Flying-type move or two, but it will probably be treated like a Fighting-type more. It would be similar to Scraggy and Krookodile in BW as well. Both were Dark-types, but they used their Fighting and Ground-type aspects more, respectively.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I disagree. They can get screwed over, but they don't always get screwed over like you said. Gliscor and Staraptor in Sinnoh were both treated very well. They had different purposes and, despite both being Flying-types, they both got pretty much equal battling and development. Charizard and Pignite in BW immediately hit it off. They used their combination Flamethrowers and acted like long lost brothers. Neither one really did more or less than the other. The same thing will probably happen here since Fletchling and Hawlucha's battle styles, like Staraptor and Gliscor's, will be very different. Fletchling will obviously have Fire-type added to it, but it will probably be the main Flying-type Pokemon. Hawlucha could have a Flying-type move or two, but it will probably be treated like a Fighting-type more. It would be similar to Scraggy and Krookodile in BW as well. Both were Dark-types, but they used their Fighting and Ground-type aspects more, respectively.

As much as I love Gliscor, it really wasn't treated all that great. He only had two memorable wins(Bastiodon and Drapion), he was shipped off, and he never had a move of either of his types(Sand Attack doesn't count). Neither Charizard nor Pignite really did **** in that arc so that comparison really doesn't work.

And neither Scraggy nor Krookodile were treated as Dark types at all since they decided to replace Krookodile's one dark move.

Lorde

It seems like Serena and Clemont are just dressing up to cheerlead for Ash instead of trying out sky battles also, while yet again Ash steals screen time from, the characters that really need it, especially Serena. I guess I'm skipping this episode.

Ash is the only one in the cast who owns Pokemon that can fly though, so it makes perfect sense that he'd get so much attention here.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I wonder if Fletchling could maybe fight a Sun Pattern Vivillion here and evolve? Fletchling never did defeat Viola's at the Santalune gym. So it fighting another member of the species and coming out like a rose(technically a Fletchinder) would be satisfying for me.

nameman

Ash is the only one in the cast who owns Pokemon that can fly though, so it makes perfect sense that he'd get so much attention here.

It's also a 1v1, so it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that Ash is the one getting it here.

NatsuLian

I would love for a rivalry between Fletchinder and Hawlucha. Fletchinder is mischievous, looks down on Hawlucha because he can't evolve and Hawlucha hates that. Finally, during a gym battle of some-sort, Fletchinder sees Hawlucha pull through and they earn each other's respect noting that one does not need to evolve to attain amazing prowess! (I'm crying while writing this, lol!) And, I agree with your statement.

Lorde

Even if Fletchling evolves here, I don't see how it would overshadow Hawlucha - aka, Ash newest Pokemon and the one in the title. Hopefully Ash will have Hawlucha showcase its power here and later Fletchinder can star at the Shalour Gym or something.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

I would have loved a mini-tourney with rental Pokémon, but at least we'll get to know more about Hawlucha.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
That's my point though, he always gets screen time, but his character goes nowhere. Most of the side characters have been developed way better then he has ever been. Maybe it's because ever since BW, his character feels like it hasn't been going anywhere.

Ash doesn't go anywhere but his Pokémon do. That's why it is important to give spotlight to his brand new Hawlucha like they are doing.

nameman

Ash doesn't go anywhere but his Pokémon do. That's why it is important to give spotlight to his brand new Hawlucha like they are doing.

Question: Where would you like to see Ash's character go?

Also, Hawlucha will hopefully be the boss we expect him to be.

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
With the Sky battle, the Talonflame battle with Hawlucha, needs to focus on Hawlucha's attitude. We haven't seen episode 35 (The Capture episode). If Hawlucha gets annihilated to kingdom come by Talonflame is what people expect. Due to it instantly become Ash's Go-To battler (My opinion) behind Pikachu, I hope it puts up a good fight and allow said focus to shift to Fletchling and to focus on the evolution of Fletchling to Fletchinder. Let's wait for a good show folks

nameman

What I'm saying is that his Pokémon are an expansion of his character. Even if Ash doesn't develop his Pokémon do (like in this situation with his new luchador).

It's a question in general. People complain about Ash having a static character. Well how would Ash's character develop in your view? How do you want to see him progress?

Lorde

With the Sky battle, the Talonflame battle with Hawlucha, needs to focus on Hawlucha's attitude. We haven't seen episode 35 (The Capture episode). If Hawlucha gets annihilated to kingdom come by Talonflame is what people expect. Due to it instantly become Ash's Go-To battler (My opinion) behind Pikachu, I hope it puts up a good fight and allow said focus to shift to Fletchling and to focus on the evolution of Fletchling to Fletchinder. Let's wait for a good show folks

Again, why would Fletchling/Fletchinder get more focus than Hawlucha here when the latter is in the title?

Haunter ゴースト

For the people annoyed about Hawlucha in a sky battle - why are you annoyed? I don't understand what's bad about Hawlucha who clearly has wings and can fly to some extent being used in a Sky Battle regardless of whether it can in the games.

The writers actually did something justifyable here and i appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.