• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 24: XY036 - A Sky Battle?! Hawlucha VS Talonflame!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Again, why would Fletchling/Fletchinder get more focus than Hawlucha here when the latter is in the title?

Oh please, we all know the titles are misleading as hell. That title could consist of two minutes of the episode like most of the other non gym battle titles have been this region.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
For the people annoyed about Hawlucha in a sky battle - why are you annoyed? I don't understand what's bad about Hawlucha who clearly has wings and can fly to some extent being used in a Sky Battle regardless of whether it can in the games.

The writers actually did something justifyable here and i appreciate it.

Well at least they're being creative. I don't understand the Hawlucha bias though; like, God forbid should Ash actually focus on his newest Pokemon. :rolleyes:

nameman

Oh please, we all know the titles are misleading as hell. That title could consist of two minutes of the episode like most of the other non gym battle titles have been this region.

Can be. They aren't always misleading

J Ken

RAVE
I'm not too against Hawlucha being in a Sky Battle tbh. I could see them pointing out that it doesn't fit the qualifications to participating in one and they would probably just let Ash battle anyway because of his spirit or cause he beats up TRio who try to ruin things for everyone.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Can be. They aren't always misleading

I never said they always are. I said don't use the title as evidence against something.

Haunter ゴースト

Well at least they're being creative. I don't understand the Hawlucha bias though; like, God forbid should Ash actually focus on his newest Pokemon. :rolleyes:

I agree.

It's good that the newest capture is getting development and not being shafted like Palpitoad in BW.

The XY writers are continuing the great work imo.

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
Again, why would Fletchling/Fletchinder get more focus than Hawlucha here when the latter is in the title?

I'm only going on a hunch, I like to see what happens first than speak later. It's what fans should do in my opinion. We don't even know when Fletchling evolves yet so anything can happen!

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
It's a question in general. People complain about Ash having a static character. Well how would Ash's character develop in your view? How do you want to see him progress?

It's wasn't me who raised this issue. I'm just talking about by giving the spotlight to Ash's Pokémon the writers are consequently giving it to the main character.

nameman

It's wasn't me who raised this issue. I'm just talking about by giving the spotlight to Ash's Pokémon the writers are consequently giving it to the main character.

It's a question in general. That means I'm not talking to just you. I agree with you when it comes to Ash's Pokemon.

Rohanator

The first half of the episode could be dedicated to Fletchling's battle which it wins and evolves while the latter is Hawlucha vs Talonflame, which could definitely go both ways. As long as Hawlucha puts up a good fight and gets focus in the next two gyms I'm content with a loss.

Fletchling was shown training with Ash in a Sky Suit in one of the pics so I think both Pokemon will get focus here. c: I hope Sky Battles become a minimal recurring thing, maybe Clemont will attempt to invent something that will let his Pokemon fly or something xD

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I agree.

It's good that the newest capture is getting development and not being shafted like Palpitoad in BW.

Better Hawlucha get the loss then Fletchling as far as I'm concerned.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
One episode in with Ash owning this Pokemon and it's already stealing Fletchling's status of the flying attacker.

Honestly though, I'm glad to see it in action so fast. I'm sure Fletchling will have time to evolve in this episode too since it doesn't seem to be doing it anywhere else.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I agree.

I just hope that Hawlucha doesn't have his well-deserved screen-time taken by other Pokemon. I don't even care if he wins or loses against Talonflame; I just hope that he gets to star in what is hyped as his episode.

gliscor&yanmega

So Fletchling doesn't battle in a Sky Battle then. Didn't even know Hawlucha couldn't battle in Sky Battles in-game, so don't really care. It's battling another fully evolved Pokemon too. Talonflame makes its debut too which is nice. Didn't really expect Hawlucha to get an episode right after it's capture, although it's not necessarily going to focus on it.

So Fletchling doesn't battle in a Sky Battle then. Didn't even know Hawlucha couldn't battle in Sky Battles in-game, so don't really care. It's battling another fully evolved Pokemon too. Talonflame makes its debut too which is nice. Didn't really expect Hawlucha to get an episode right after it's capture, although it's not necessarily going to focus on it.

But Fletchling was shown training with Ash too. : o
https://31.media.tumblr.com/15a029aab3c21574e83691ce12f9482b/tumblr_n73shpapYh1r2iinvo1_500.jpg

gliscor&yanmega

Forgot there was a picture of it and Ash in a sky suit. Not sure now. The vs banner shows it 1 vs 1, unless maybe it's a small competition and the finals is Hawlucha vs Talonflame. I was expecting Fletchling to evolve in the skybattle episode though, not sure, maybe it'll get another episode soon or it's evolution gets thrown in here during its battle.

Forgot there was a picture of it and Ash in a sky suit. Not sure now. The vs banner shows it 1 vs 1, unless maybe it's a small competition and the finals is Hawlucha vs Talonflame. I was expecting Fletchling to evolve in the skybattle episode though, not sure, maybe it'll get another episode soon or it's evolution gets thrown in here during its battle.

Haha, maybe both Pokemon will share the spotlight this episode, that would be great. x3

Status
Not open for further replies.