• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 24: XY036 - A Sky Battle?! Hawlucha VS Talonflame!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I can see Hawlucha losing simply for trying to show off its moves instead of battling Talonflame tbh.

The fact is that he shouldn't win at all since he is a new capture lol. It's not like he's battling a Bunnelby, he is battling a freaking Talonflame. Plus he really has nothing that should do much damage to Talonflame, He should only have fighting moves and like Wing Attack or something. Unless they give it Rock Slide/Rock Tomb, he really shouldn't do much in this battle.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yes! Another non-Clemont/Bonnie focused episode! :D
I was hoping Ash would debut Talonflame though

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
No he wont because the other sky trainer is using a fletchlinder so there would be no point in having ash fletching evolve.

or should you mean talonflame, talonflame and fletchinder don't look similar imo.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
No he wont because the other sky trainer is using a fletchlinder so there would be no point in having ash fletching evolve.

I didn't mean in this episode. I meant I wanted Ash to show Talonflame off first.

Ѕhiny Missingno

Fletchling was shown training with Ash in a Sky Suit in one of the pics so I think both Pokemon will get focus here. c: I hope Sky Battles become a minimal recurring thing, maybe Clemont will attempt to invent something that will let his Pokemon fly or something xD
I'm hoping for him to bring Magnemite or Magneton since they can levitate (though, in-game they aren't allowed but neither is Hawlucha) but I'm expecting a disappointment. I just want to see these pokémon get referenced sometimes.

Haunter ゴースト

Better Hawlucha get the loss then Fletchling as far as I'm concerned.

I do agree here.

I just hope that Hawlucha doesn't have his well-deserved screen-time taken by other Pokemon. I don't even care if he wins or loses against Talonflame; I just hope that he gets to star in what is hyped as his episode.

I wouldn't be against Fletchling having spotlight in this episode too, there's no reason why the writers can't dedicate 20 minutes to more than just Hawlucha.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I didn't mean in this episode. I meant I wanted Ash to show Talonflame off first.

I was about to say that Ash didn't debut his last two fully evolved birds either, but then I discovered that his Unfezant is actually the only female one to have ever appeared in the anime.. but still, he didn't debut the species and he didn't debut Staraptor either, so I'm not really that surprised about Talonflame debuting with someone else..

Dax

Legend
I don't want Fletchling to evolve here. Let Hawlucha have the moment. It's a new pokemon so it's important for audiences to get to know it first. A separate episode to evolve Fletchling should be ideal, that way, both pokemon get an episode that establishes them as threats to Korrina.

nickdt

Yes! But i think that Fletchling either evolves in a battle with TR or during training with Hawlucha. It would be cool though, to see that happening.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I wouldn't be against Fletchling having spotlight in this episode too, there's no reason why the writers can't dedicate 20 minutes to more than just Hawlucha.

Having watched the anime for 15 years or so, I've come to doubt that they can properly juggle two of Ash's Pokemon in one episode. Fletchling's evolution is coming at the wrong time in my opinion.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I don't want Fletchling to evolve here. Let Hawlucha have the moment. It's a new pokemon so it's important for audiences to get to know it first. A separate episode to evolve Fletchling should be ideal, that way, both pokemon get an episode that establishes them as threats to Korrina.

Sorry, but the chances of them spending two episodes of a four or five episode arc on flying battles is slim to none. Hawlucha already has his debut episode to himself to establish his personality so I don't see what the big deal is here. It's just a battle, jeez...

zhixun

If Yayakoma still does not evolve here then the writers probably tricked us in the movie poster. So I hope Yayakoma evolves as soon as possible.

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
Having watched the anime for 15 years or so, I've come to doubt that they can properly juggle two of Ash's Pokemon in one episode. Fletchling's evolution is coming at the wrong time in my opinion.

I've been a lifer, ever since day one. I have a different opinion on that subject, if Fletchling evolves in this episode like people suggest. Since Fletchling evolves in the near future, we know this fact but don't have an idea on which episode. Since Talonflame is in this episode, the final evolutionary form of Fletchling is the focused pokemon In a scenario since we have an experienced Sky-Trainer battling with Talonflame. She shows Ash the ropes and Fletchling would battle as the episode progresses.

Hawlucha is in this episode to showcase the new-found partnership without any prior training under Ash's ownership. To see how their battle style is, to try an attempt at a Sky battle as a first timer with Hawlucha would be a huge vote of confidence on Hawlucha's battling abilities from being caught in the previous episode.

Last edited:

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
If the anime plans to spend episodes on flying battles, then I wonder how the season plans to spread itself out. It sounds like we have the camping arc and some filler episodes before we get to the Korrina battle.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
And if I may ask, how did you jump to this conclusion?

Well for one, it's an arc, when was the last time we got an arc dedicated to doing the same exact thing other then leagues and contests?? And no the mega evolution arc doesn't count since it's entirely dedicated to mega evolution. Last time I checked, this was called the summer camp arc, not the flying battle arc.

And second of all, if the last summer camp arc is anything to go by, they won't be doing the same thing twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.