1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

July 26th: PM2019 030 - The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

After winning an official Pokémon World Championships battle, the Emanation Pokémon Riolu is feeling like a million bucks. But Satoshi's fixation on training Riolu pushes Pikachu's patience to its limits, and it ends up leaving the Sakuragi Laboratories. Barrierd chases after it in an attempt at holding it back, but Pikachu is set in its way. Where does the road this duo heads down lead them?

Screenplay 吉田玲子 (Reiko Yoshida)
    Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
    Episode Director 高木啓明 (Hiroaki Takagi)
    Animation Director 山崎玲愛 (Rei Yamazaki)
    Animation Director 武内啓 (Akira Takeuchi)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020 at 1:52 PM
    Icy-Snowflake and Spider-Phoenix like this.
  2. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

So Pikachu is reluctant for some reason. Maybe it's afraid of something and doesn't want to confront it

3. PsychoLogical

PsychoLogical Well-Known Member

Oh, I guess that image of that TV guide is legit.

4. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Baseball is back!

Would be interesting if this is Pikachu's goodbye 2.0

KenzeyEevee and SerenaRulez like this.
  5. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

It's about time for the annual Satoshi and Pikachu break-up episode, so I'll just predict that that's the plot for this episode until the summary proves otherwise.

6. Red and Blue

Who knows maybe this is about a different Pikachu. Maybe our Pikachu has to help this one come out of its shell

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  7. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Maybe Garura returns?

Would be a nice way of giving Pikachu some type of development and more struggling focus outside Pikachu v. Raichu reduxes.

Zweilous likes this.
  8. Jeal

Jeal Well-Known Member

Go catches a Pikachu, to be the next mascot when he replaces Ash :)

9. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I hope we get the summary soon, hopefully it's something new for Pikachu and not something similar to what we've seen for him.
    Maybe Electro Web's going bye-bye? Had to happen eventually, it's certainly better than Electro Ball but I don't want it sticking around as long

10. Red and Blue

If Kangaskhan does comeback maybe Go can catch it so it can stay at the lab with Pikachu

Electro Web is brand new. Pikachu usually learns a new move every other Gen

Kawaii Emolga and RafaSceptile like this.
  11. ShinyCharyZard

ShinyCharyZard Honesty=Infractions

Yeah okay, because he'll leave his starter, Raboot/Cinderace, behind in favour of a Pikachu that would be as random and irrelevant as the rest of his captures. I'm not sure whether you're joking or not, but I know people have actually suspected this as a possibility and I've just gotta say that they need a reality check.

12. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

If one of the main characters is going to catch the specific Kangaskhan that is Pikachu’s mother so that it can see Pikachu more wouldn’t it make more sense for Ash to be the one to catch Kangaskhan.

13. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Oh, I hope Kangaskhan is back, would love to see the reunion :),

14. Red and Blue

If they are still spacing out Ash's captures I think Go has a better chance at it.

15. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Except that particular Kangaskhan has a bond with Pikachu and it would seem weird if it’s being caught by one of the main characters with one of the purposes being to allow it to be with Pikachu that Goh would get it over Ash.

I mean it would be like after Meltan decides it wants to stay with Rowlet if Kiawe or one of the other main characters in Sun and Moon wound catching that particular Meltan over Ash.

If the goal is for that particular Kangaskhan to be caught so that it can be with Pikachu it makes more sense that Ash would have more of a chance over Goh in catching it.

Because of the fact that Ash is actually Pikachu’s trainer and is for the most part always with Pikachu.

Also before Serena’s Eevee having a bond with Bunnelby is brought up it’s important to note that that particular Eevee didn’t chose to be caught by Serena because it wanted to be with Bunnelby but it chose to be caught by Serena because it liked performing.

Basically if the sole reason of this specific Kangaskhan wants to be caught is so that it can be with Pikachu then Ash is the only character that it would make sense to go with.

Heck knowing Goh’s character in all likelihood if he finds out that Kangaskhan wants to be with Pikachu then he would likely encourage Ash to be the one to catch it.

Flashy Flash likes this.
  16. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

If that were to happen then Ash would make the most sense to catch it instead because that way he could bring it back with him to Pallet Town when this series end if they decide to not do the world tour anymore

17. MegaSalamence05

MegaSalamence05 Well-Known Member

Now for Pikachu's reluctance in wanting to do something. Could be a simple misunderstanding. It's happened in every generation. If Kangaskhan does come back which I really hope it does its possible.

Goodbye Pikachu
    Ash and May's bickering episode
    Dawn and Piplup and Zoey
    Sophocles moving away
    Lillie with Silvally thinking it harmed her while it was Ub-01 - Symbiote
    Go releasing Raboot
    Ect.

18. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

If this is our Pikachu that is reluctant perhaps they meet a Kangaskhan with no baby that is helping out a poacher, Pikachu battles this Pokemon until he realizes something and stops fighting. We get a moment that's made both ridiculous and sad where the two Pokemon converse and have an argument that ends with Pikachu refusing to fight. We're led to believe that this is his adopted mother and something happened to the baby until Ash uses his magic unexplained dream powers to view the conversation and we learn that this Kangaskhan is in fact the baby, their mom died, and he had to fend for himself until being found by the poacher and Pikachu obviously blames himself for this. Ash gives his friend a pep talk, they confront the poacher and talk to Kangaskhan, the poacher goes to attack Pikachu but Kangaskhan steps in and protects him, thus joining Ash's team.

Yeah it's dark but this is the anime. It's always bouncing between dark and fluff.

19. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: A Hangry Return

What would they even replace Electro Web with?

Volt Tackle again? Nuzzle?

BabaVanga and Redstar45 like this.
  20. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Maybe baby Kangaskhan is fully evolved, and is with a potentially abusive trainer (or bad trainer nothing too obvious for a show like this) and Ash has to battle this Kangaskhan in PWC match, and Pikachu can see that the trainer is bad and has treated it badly, and Pikachu doesn't want to battle it.

I wouldn't mind Ash getting a Kangaskhan that's not used for battle for the sake of protecting Kangaskhan from bad trainers, and someone Pikachu can be happy to be around. Or something to that effect.

Hell no, unless they replace Iron Tail or Quick Attack, I don't want Pikachu's moveset changing. Electro Web is too versatile to be replaced, and Thunderbolt is its main move.

BabaVanga and Ultra Beast Lover like this.