• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 26th: PM2019 030 - The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

PM001, 003, 008, 009, 015, 019, 024, 026

31 also has massive Filler flags, so only time will tell

lol what? No, those aren’t filler(with the exception of episode 26)

001: Pikachu back story and setting up Go’s interest in Mew.

003: First research mission.

008: Go catches two Pokémon which progresses his goal and visits Sinnoh for the first time.

009: Go catches three Pokémon which progresses his goal and visits Johto for the first time.

015: Go catches Cubone which progresses his goal.

019: Go catches Rattata which progresses his goal.

024: Go catches two Magikarp and a Golden which progresses his goal.

So no, those episodes you mentioned outside of 26 aren’t filler.

Remix2

008: Go catches two Pokémon which progresses his goal and visits Sinnoh for the first time.

009: Go catches three Pokémon which progresses his goal and visits Johto for the first time.

Let not kid ourselves goh capturing a Pokémon is basically filler since those Pokémon he catch won’t amount to anything.

Decidueye23

What constitutes a filler in PM2019 is going to be wildy subjective i guess. Personally for me at this point an episode in which go catching one or two pokemon but that not amounting to anything much is much more of a filler like say episode 9, or even episode 23 for that matter wherein his cascoon evolve but nothung comes out of it, whereas something like ep 24 is not very filler considering he actually does something with the magikarp he gets. Again this is just my opinion and like i said with this series whats going to be a filler is going to be hugely subjective.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
What constitutes a filler in PM2019 is going to be wildy subjective i guess. Personally for me at this point an episode in which go catching one or two pokemon but that not amounting to anything much is much more of a filler like say episode 9, or even episode 23 for that matter wherein his cascoon evolve but nothung comes out of it, whereas something like ep 24 is not very filler considering he actually does something with the magikarp he gets. Again this is just my opinion and like i said with this series whats going to be a filler is going to be hugely subjective.
What constitutes filler in Pokemon is always wildly subjective, because Pokemon doesn't have much of a plot in the first place, andcharacter development episodes are usually relevant in one way or another even if only minor.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
From the current batch of episodes till PM 032, probably this is the only episode I am actually looking forward to. This could be a fun episode, and we will get to see more of Mr. Mime, which is always good!

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Predictable as ever. What makes it worse is all the promotion Riolu is getting from this.
What's wrong with riolu getting promotion lol? It's a cute baby Mon and it needs to be trained properly to make it believable that a newly hatched Mon could make major differences against world champions down the line. Yes riolu is focused on more these days but it isn't hogging spotlight at all. That's just speculation that lucario will end up doing it just because, when there is no proof to that. Riolu is getting it's training focus because it needs it the most. Gengar already belonged to a prior trainer and was shown to be strong, Dragonite is a beast. Farfetch'd even was shown to have a backstory of beating up wild Pokémon and challenging them so it also has battle history. Riolu doesn't, and it isn't being shoved up our throats at all based on its recent appearances. So yeah it being shown in this episode being a con for people baffles me.

ShadowForce720

Nah he was more dedicated to Krookodile when it was still a Krokorok LULZ. Scrappy Scraggy did nothing kek.

Well to be fair that isn’t entirely true as Ash did train Scraggy and used it in the 7th gym battle and in one of the Battle Club tournaments and help it work on improving it’s Focus Blast.

However I don’t think it got the same amount of focus that Riolu is getting.

I mean when you look at Phantump and Noibst they at least had the exude of being obtained late with Ash getting the before his 7th gym battle.

However in Scraggy’s case it was obtained earl on the series before the 3rd gym battle for some reason I’m thinking it’s Egg hatch somewhere around episode 14 or 18. I mean sure Ash had a larger team then normal in that series but Scraggy was almost always with him and practically had the whole series.

And yet some of the ones that were caught after Scraggy and had to share a slot with 4 or 5 other Pokémon were treated better then Scraggy.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
However I don’t think it got the same amount of focus that Riolu is getting.
ofc it didn’t. Only reason Riolu is getting this much focus is due to the writers wanting to get it to be a Lucario as soon as possible.

What's wrong with riolu getting promotion lol? It's a cute baby Mon and it needs to be trained properly to make it believable that a newly hatched Mon could make major differences against world champions down the line. Yes riolu is focused on more these days but it isn't hogging spotlight at all. That's just speculation that lucario will end up doing it just because, when there is no proof to that. Riolu is getting it's training focus because it needs it the most. Gengar already belonged to a prior trainer and was shown to be strong, Dragonite is a beast. Farfetch'd even was shown to have a backstory of beating up wild Pokémon and challenging them so it also has battle history. Riolu doesn't, and it isn't being shoved up our throats at all based on its recent appearances. So yeah it being shown in this episode being a con for people baffles me.

Generally I will agree with you but what was the need for Riolu's appearance in the latest episode? Whenever Oshawott or Chespin popped out without actually doing anything people complained. It should be the same for Riolu. I would prefer they give this spotlight to Raboot who is always just standing there making faces.

ShadowForce720

ofc it didn’t. Only reason Riolu is getting this much focus is due to the writers wanting to get it to be a Lucario as soon as possible.

Well to be fair Riolu is playing catch up with the rest of the team because the rest of the team members were pretty much already ready to battle the moment Ash caught them.

Were as Riolu had to start from zero and work it’s way up.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Scraggy wishes. It was caught before the 3rd gym and was only used in the 7th gym. It was only used in "filler" battles im the League as well. It faced no main rivals. Even in the Clubsplosion, it faced two random siblings and then lost to Stephan's rival.
No wonder Pikachu wasn't butthurt back then. Scraggy never got two battles back-to-back. Break that limit and Pikachu will freaking ditch Ash.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
I hope his focus on Riolu is less when it evolves

Are you kidding? If anything it'll get MORE focus after it evolves.

The worst part? Chances are more than likely it'll go Mega. Not Chariazrd. Not Sceptile. Hell, not even Hercross and Glalie. The Pokemon he just got this saga- over ones he's been through a lot more with than it...:(

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Are you kidding? If anything it'll get MORE focus after it evolves.

The worst part? Chances are more than likely it'll go Mega. Not Chariazrd. Not Sceptile. Hell, not even Hercross and Glalie. The Pokemon just got this saga over ones he's been through a lot more with than it...:(
Could be worse.

Ash could have gathered the bloody paw prints of his defeated opponents on a notebook, somehow not smearing the page across when closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.