• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 26th: PM2019 030 - The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jiffunk said:
maybe ash meets a surfer who also has a pikachu and the surfer is trying to teach their pikachu how to surf but it’s afraid of the water or something. Ash’s pikachu can help the surfers pikachu overcome its fears and they both learn surf at the end since they can now learn it in the games

That would be a rather contrived scenario, especially the part about Satoshi's Pikachu learning Surf. Out of all the moves Pikachu could learn, I just find Surf to be the most unconventional and needless one.

Red and Blue

If ash and goh are still in galar i hope this episode is a pikachu dynamax training episode
If they are still in Galar I really hope Meowth goes GMAX alongside Pikachu. Though if he was that probably would have been in the title

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I take it you didn’t read Dephender’s initial post, because he literally said that the current title for this episode is probably not the full episode title.
I know. I still think something as big as Meowth going Gigantamax would have been in the start of the title

ShadowForce720

I know. I still think something as big as Meowth going Gigantamax would have been in the start of the title

Except Gigantamax Pikachu and Gigantamax Charizard we’re not in the episode titles for their debut episodes so I don’t think Gigantamax Meowth not being in the episode title for this episode would somehow prevent it from showing up here.

D

Deleted member 384931

What if Ash decides to train another Pikachu that looks weak or is unsure?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
What I AM against is what they did with Snivy, Pignite, and Oshawott and force these Pokemon to have 3 of the same exact typing, and you KNOW not give them moves for coverage. Snivy only had attract, Pignite had brick break because its a fighting type, and Oshawott had tackle. Aside from Brick break, and attract for specific instances, that's a bad moveset to give these Pokemon. 2 max per main type with 1 extra for the 2nd type with the final move being reserved for pure type coverage.

I want Inteleon to only have Liquidation, and Snipe Shot, while it has 2 other unrelated moves.

Let me remember correctly:
- Snivy: Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Vine Whip and Attract. Definitely could've ditched Vine Whip, but it's a good utility move that the writers like to use in certain situations. However it could've switched Leaf Storm for Twister as its coverage move. I don't think Aqua Tail would've worked wonders even if it hit Fire-types hard. Aerial Ace and Iron Tail are only other coverage options and they were taken already by Pikachu, Unfezant (whose moveset was incredibad) and later Krookodile.

Pignite:
- Flamethrower, Flame Charge, Fire Pledge and Brick Break. Honestly, I don't have an issue with this. I personally loved Fire Pledge's animation and Flame Charge was necessary. Would they really drop Flamethrower on a Fire-type? Well, they kinda did because neither Talonflame nor Incineroar got it. Pignite could opt for Smog/Poison Jab, Bulldoze, Heavy Slam, Thunderpunch or a Rock-type move (Rollout, Tomb, Slide, Edge, Head Smash).

Oshawott: Hydro Pump, Razor Shell, Aqua Jet, Tackle. Honestly it should've replaced Tackle, but the three water moves are fine and all completely different. Air Slash or Icy Wind could've been awesome. An iceskating Razor Shell would've been cool.

The problem is that all movepools were kind of limited and I even had issues selecting moves that wouldn't overlap too much with Pokemon Ash used in Unova already (or could've used it better). Unfezant got stuck with Aerial Ace, Air Cutter and Gust ffs (and Quick Attack!), didn't even get Air Slash. At the end the moves that others didn't have were Air Cutter and Gust! No wonder it didn't get used much.

Would Pikachu really hate his Fat GMAX body that much? I guess it's due to it being the total opposite of his fighting style

I'd love that. Regular Pikachu vs. Gmax Charizard in the finale incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.