• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 26th: PM2019 030 - The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ash once knew what love was. He learned too much from Brock, and decided to block out all knowledge of it starting with BW.

That's the best reasoning to justify the Giselle scene and make it fit the current characterization of Ash.

I accept this headcanon.

Red and Blue

So Morpeko isn't in episode 28(unless it shares a VA with any of the characters listed). Looks like this will be it's debut episode

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
So Morpeko isn't in episode 28(unless it shares a VA with any of the characters listed). Looks like this will be it's debut episode

A little premature to said then when the only thing we know about this episode is a Pikachu is reluctant about something in its life.

Red and Blue

A little premature to said then when the only thing we know about this episode is a Pikachu is reluctant about something in its life.
If it's not in either tomorrow's episode or the one next week this seems like a safe bet. Unless Ash and Go are still in Galar past episode 30.

Morpeko could play a part in Pikachu's reluctantance

Leonhart

Imagineer
i2i said:

While there's no guarantee that Morpeko's debuting here, I think it'd make a lot of sense for the Gen VIII Pikachu-clone to debut in an episode that's apparently Pikachu focused.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
If it's not in either tomorrow's episode or the one next week this seems like a safe bet. Unless Ash and Go are still in Galar past episode 30.

Morpeko could play a part in Pikachu's reluctantance

I'm confident they'll can squeeze in Morpeko during Sobble's episode next week.

While there's no guarantee that Morpeko's debuting here, I think it'd make a lot of sense for the Gen VIII Pikachu-clone to debut in an episode that's apparently Pikachu focused.

You can apply that reason to any Pokémon honestly as long as they have something in common with Pikachu which can be anything really.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Welp since we know Morpeko is debuting in the Sobble episode and not here I guess we can say this is another Kanto themed episode. Meh
They were never going to stay in Galar for more than 2 eps anyways.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mythical-Moonlight said:
Welp since we know Morpeko is debuting in the Sobble episode and not here I guess we can say this is another Kanto themed episode. Meh

I don't really have a problem with the idea of another Kanto themed episode, although there's still a chance that Satoshi and Gou will visit another region here. We don't have enough information to really say where exactly this episode is taking place.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Another thing that comes to mind of what this could be is that this is the backstory of why Pikachu hates going in its Pokéball. In "Enter Pikachu / Pikachu is Born," we saw how Pichu evolved into Pikachu due to the friendship it formed with Kangaskhan and her child, so what if now, we see Pikachu's reaction to meeting his past trainer that emotionally abused him and threatened him to leave him in his Pokéball forever. So the "reluctant" Pikachu gained a severe phobia of being in his Poké Ball and being abandoned.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I think it makes sense in context for this episode to be about Morpeko, even if it’s in Kanto at the lab. Pikachu and Togedemaru had an interesting dynamic, and I can see Morpeko and Pikachu not getting along at the lab

Ultra Beast Lover

Another thing that comes to mind of what this could be is that this is the backstory of why Pikachu hates going in its Pokéball. In "Enter Pikachu / Pikachu is Born," we saw how Pichu evolved into Pikachu due to the friendship it formed with Kangaskhan and her child, so what if now, we see Pikachu's reaction to meeting his past trainer that emotionally abused him and threatened him to leave him in his Pokéball forever. So the "reluctant" Pikachu gained a severe phobia of being in his Poké Ball and being abandoned.
It would make up for the first episode's lack of Pikachu and that was kinda the actual question people had regarding his backstory.

andrewscott48209

I think I may know what happens in this episode. This may be where Ash and Pikachu is working on Gigantimaxing. Their first step will be to will it to happen. The two times it happened was outside of Ash's control. So we might see Pikachu's Pokeball, which may be why Pikachu may be reluctant to work with Gigantimaxing, as it might require Pikachu to go into its Pokeball, even if it's just ten seconds.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope it’s nothing to do with raichu
it seems pikachu has to prove itself against one a lot

I think they're probably saving that for Surge

Shame though how they actually didn't do it in SM, when it would have been different and fresh...

Status
Not open for further replies.