• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 26th: PM2019 030 - The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Another filler, figures. So it’s basically a filler ep with Pikachu leaving the lab after getting annoyed with Ash training Riolu most of the time and Mimey follows Pikachu to get him back. Darn. Guess I’ll be looking forward to ep 31 more.

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Pikachu is supposedly the mellow one, if it didn't get jealous about Ash favoring greninja, I don't think it should because of riolu, plus, pikachu had a good amount of battles in the first episodes.

Ok, I'm starting to get what people fear about riolu, but it's probably just for this episode. I hope.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Pikachu is supposedly the mellow one, if it didn't get jealous about Ash favoring greninja, I don't think it should because of riolu, plus, pikachu had a good amount of battles in the first episodes.

Ok, I'm starting to get what people fear about riolu, but it's probably just for this episode. I hope.
If it makes you feel any better, Riolu's likely gonna job at some point in future

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
If it makes you feel any better, Riolu's likely gonna job at some point in future
Oh, I do hope it job in some point (its debut half-episode was about it being a jobber without aura boost, anyway) and I want they make it hard. It'd character development. Ash kinda went for the same thing with lycanrock.

But, since Mr. Mime is present, I'd like to see some insight about what is its relationship with Ash and pikachu when Delia isn't around. That could be interesting.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Seriously tho I find this VERY ooc for Pikachu.

Pikachu, who has been Ash's companion for nearly 25 years, has never shown any signs of envy towards any of Ash's other Aces in the series.

If freaking ASH-GRENINJA couldn't even make Pikachu jealous, why all of a sudden this new born baby, who just hatched from it's egg not even 10 episodes ago, can suddenly make Pika feel intimidated?

It's literally just warping Pikachu's character for the sake of shilling Riolu.

This ain't it chief

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Thinking back on some eps of the A-G arc, Pikachu did seem disappointed that Ash wasn't picking him

Ultra Beast Lover

Pikachu of all Pokemon is jealous of Riolu? Pikachu? Our Pikachu? The one that never has an outburst unless it's about battles or someone makes it really, really, really, really mad? Granted Mimey has been an amazing part of all of this and I'm glad they're giving Pikachu depth but literally whenever the trainers leave their Pokemon Pikachu is the one who gets to be in charge, granted they don't always listen to him but still I'd think that'd make him feel great. This better be cute, funny, insightful, or give Pikachu a new move.

RetroPokeFan

Wow thanks Reiko Yoshida, I hate this episode already before it’s even aired.

Like I’m sorry, it’s waaayyyy too late for then to be pulling this kind of story for Pikachu and not only does this sound like my favourite little mouse is going to act extremely out of character and look bad, but it kind of makes Ash look bad too on top of that.

I would have taken an episode of Gou catching his own Pikachu over this...

Never thought I’d it but please for the love of God, can Team Rocket show up to at least cheer me up a bit?

Decidueye23

Interested to see more of mimey but it does seem a bit out of character for pikachu. Ash greninja and infernape literally screen hogged and pikachu was fine. I guess this could be something like pikachu wants to battle but ash keeps using riolu instead of letting it have a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.