• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 26th: PM2019 030 - The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm expecting a slow pan to Oak's lab that may show one or two of Ash's Pokemon before cutting to Ash's Pikachu as a "LOL NOPE" kind of attitude just as a prank on older fans. I don't know if they would actually go so far as to do that. But who knows if they might feel annoyed by all the older fans wanting to see Ash's Pokemon at Oak's lab.

That annoyance could easily be resolved with a simple proper lab episode where we actually see everyone
A major part of the whole factor is they just dumped the Kalos squad there, didn't show Ash introducing them like usual and they were completely absent from SM. I'm no fan of XY but Ash's team was one of the few enjoyable parts and it felt extremely disrespectful to just ignore them like that. I'd like to see what Hawlucha and Noivern are up to

All I want is a proper lab episode and for his reserves to return when Ash upgrades to a higher ranking so his Galar team gets a chance to shine before all the popular mons like Sceptile, Charizard, and Snorlax come swooping in to do what Pikachu is already doing to the rest of the team

LucasMV

All I want is a proper lab episode and for his reserves to return when Ash upgrades to a higher ranking so his Galar team gets a chance to shine before all the popular mons like Sceptile, Charizard, and Snorlax come swooping in to do what Pikachu is already doing to the rest of the team

I would love that. And it would be the most logical thing for Ash to bring back his reserves once the competition gets tougher.
But part of me is starting to doubt if the reason why they're giving Ash an OP team is to avoid having to bring back reserves for the sake of the new audience.

And if that happens, I don't know how I'll feel about that. If he works his way through the top, defeats Leon and becomes number 1 using only the pokemon from this series... sure, I'll be happy.
But it would be SO much better if he does it using his reserves as well. It'd give closure to the series as a whole. Hopefully they won't ruin what could be great and just leave it at good.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I think people are really getting their hopes up too high in regards to the whole Oaks Lab thing. Pikachu and Mimey appear to specifically be returning to Delia, so I highly doubt there will be any reserves making an appearance, as much as I'd like them to..

-Vulpix-

Cynder Kiryah
If Riolu is what it took, now imagine if Ash had both Riolu & Eevee.
And if Pikachu gets jealous over being ignored for one or two episodes, I take it Pikachu has forgotten about all of Ash's other Pokemon left at Oak's lab for a long time.
and maybe slighly off topic, but wonder if it would be bad I would probably purposely make Espeon jealous?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly this might be the first episode I don't watch live, literally nothing sounds interesting here.

Leonhart

Imagineer
-Vulpix- said:
If Riolu is what it took, now imagine if Ash had both Riolu & Eevee.
And if Pikachu gets jealous over being ignored for one or two episodes, I take it Pikachu has forgotten about all of Ash's other Pokemon left at Oak's lab for a long time.
and maybe slighly off topic, but wonder if it would be bad I would probably purposely make Espeon jealous?

A lot of people think that Pikachu will see the reserves at Okido-hakase's lab in Masara Town here, and that he'll realize that he has it much better than they do since he's Satoshi's favorite, and at least gets attention from him on a regular basis.

Decidueye23

I think the main reason we dont see reserves or a lab episode in general i s because the writers dont want to commit to bringing back the reserves just yet as showing them in that capacity will only hype up their return and they might or might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.