• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 26th: SM83 - Satoshi Becomes Tiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerinon

Least.Deserved.Evolution.Ever
Anyways, I hope they at least try to do something with it
As for this episode, disappointed for no TRio, but still seems it'll have some fun antics, and apparently that one persian from ep 7 will come back (and who is that "madame"?)
I think it will be that lady who owned Alolan Persian who only briefly showed up for a few seconds in said same episode.

At least, assuming this will be the same Alolan Persian from said episode, which it probably will.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Oh so the writer trolled us again and only half of the cast is getting struck.
They didn't. I repeat "Also, that DJ Leo episode summaries mentioned Ash and the others or Ash in his classmates and guess who weren't apart of the episode, Lillie and Lana."

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Well we've been bamboozled. Was hoping Kiawe would get shrunken down. Oh well

dman_dustin

Least.Deserved.Evolution.Ever

I would advise you to actually look at all evolutions that have happened on the main cast throughout the entire history of the anime (from 1st generation to now), and even remotely try to justify how Steenee even remotely has the least deserved evolution ever, when Steenee has been around since at least around 60 episodes (I don't know if would be exactly 64 or less or maybe 65), but yeah Steenee has been on the cast for over a year in over 60 episodes.

60 episodes is a good average before an evolution. And at least Steenee has actually done things during that tenure of 60 episodes, unlike other Pokemon.

Am I the only one confused by the summary that says Ash, Lillie, and Sophocles are the only ones affected, while I do get Lillie (and separately I could get Sophocles), I don't necessarily understand the trio pairing of Ash, Lillie and Sophocles (unless the summary wasn't complete).

And further more, I feel as if Sophocles being shrunk would be disadvantageous unless there's some small important plot detail that only a scientific/inventor type shrunk down can resolve the issues, which would make everything make sense if I believed that's where the episode would go.

Zerinon

I'm guessing their probably trying to go for a bit more dynamic with Lillie and Sophocles. I guess out of all the classmates, those two tend to be a bit more easily frightened or challenged which may bring in some more interesting scenarios. Such as the trio ending up in some dark place or dealing with certain Pokemon that may end up being more frightening at a larger scale.

The other classmates are a bit more braver than that, but that's just speculation on my part on why they supposedly chose those two to get shrunk along with Ash...

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
M̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶K̶i̶a̶w̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶L̶a̶n̶a̶ ̶d̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶A̶k̶a̶l̶a̶'̶s̶ ̶T̶r̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶C̶a̶p̶t̶a̶i̶n̶s̶ ̶ ̶

That's my headcanon and nothing will convince me otherwise

dman_dustin

I'm guessing their probably trying to go for a bit more dynamic with Lillie and Sophocles. I guess out of all the classmates, those two tend to be a bit more easily frightened or challenged which may bring in some more interesting scenarios. Such as the trio ending up in some dark place or dealing with certain Pokemon that may end up being more frightening at a larger scale.

The other classmates are a bit more braver than that, but that's just speculation on my part on why they supposedly chose those two to get shrunk along with Ash...

I suppose Sophocles being especially out of shape as seen throughout the series could be played on especially since he's shrunk, kind of poking fun of him on a more extreme scale.

Come on Sophocles you can't simply walk the length of a desk without getting tired. Need to exercise buddy.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I would advise you to actually look at all evolutions that have happened on the main cast throughout the entire history of the anime (from 1st generation to now), and even remotely try to justify how Steenee even remotely has the least deserved evolution ever, when Steenee has been around since at least around 60 episodes (I don't know if would be exactly 64 or less or maybe 65), but yeah Steenee has been on the cast for over a year in over 60 episodes.

60 episodes is a good average before an evolution. And at least Steenee has actually done things during that tenure of 60 episodes, unlike other Pokemon.

Am I the only one confused by the summary that says Ash, Lillie, and Sophocles are the only ones affected, while I do get Lillie (and separately I could get Sophocles), I don't necessarily understand the trio pairing of Ash, Lillie and Sophocles (unless the summary wasn't complete).

And further more, I feel as if Sophocles being shrunk would be disadvantageous unless there's some small important plot detail that only a scientific/inventor type shrunk down can resolve the issues, which would make everything make sense if I believed that's where the episode would go.
Sophocles is the tech guy. If Faba can't figure out a way to reverse it, he will.

DatsRight

Aww no teeny Kiawe and Mallow? I mean I kinda expected Mallow not to be doing much either way, but Kiawe is sore missed potential. Oh, well, still better than just Ash.

And who wants to bet Tsareena still doesn't do anything besides maybe her Rowlet smacking gag? :p

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Sophocles is the tech guy. If Faba can't figure out a way to reverse it, he will.

My point was, if that's the case why does Sophocles need to be shrunk, unless like I said it was because only tiny Sophocles would be able to solve the problem, but I highly doubt they would do that, I could be wrong though.

DatsRight

I'm interested in how this dynamic will work since we have Ash separated with the two intellectuals of the group. The Sandshrew episode did the same thing with Mallow, but besides Sophocles' Charjabug providing the two Ice Stones, Lillie had most of the involvement.

I do like when either of them are in spotlight because they often have a cool 'brains and brawn' function with Ash, but seldom when they're together, likely because either makes the other redundant.

It would be neat if Sophocles' tech smarts came into play here, though I wonder what the other supposedly unshrunk three will be doing.

My guess is that Faba will be counting his days left on Earth with Lillie shrunk and missing.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Oh it's Ash, Lillie and Sophocles who're getting the tiny treatment. Nice that Tsareena is confirmed. Since it's been a long time the Melemele Alolan Persian has appeared, I guess they end up in the marketplace and they get chased by that Alolan Persian.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
No Kiawe? Boo!
I like that Persian is back, but that would have been better saved for a Torracat centric episode. Not a useless filler

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Still we can have Persian interact with Torracat though even if its name doesn't appear on the VA list for a couple of seconds. I guess they could even have it help rescue Ash, Lillie and Sophocles from the Alolan Persian.

Vipsoccermaster

So they let Alolan Persian out of the bag about Steenee evolving. This is going to be hilarious, with Ash, Lillie, and Sophocles all being tiny, and either Faba or Sophocles (albeit limited to his ability due to tinyness) will have to reverse the change. But you know, it's cool to see Ash, Lillie, and maybe Sophocles riding on Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.