• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 28th: SM132 - Overcome Junaiper!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
TR's battle wasn't rushed...it's a 1x1 with little opportunity for strategy and counterplay. The episode actually skipped over most of the attacks because they were repetitive.

The textbook idea of a rushed battle is one attack connects = double KO.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
TR's battle wasn't rushed...it's a 1x1 with little opportunity for strategy and counterplay. The episode actually skipped over most of the attacks because they were repetitive.

The textbook idea of a rushed battle is one attack connects = double KO.
They definitely could have done it better though. At least have had Mareanie use Knock Off.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It can work for Ash because even if the Pokemon loses, it can still prove itself later
There's literally no reason why Mareanie's evolution should happen here, and not when beating Jessie. It's not like she is going to be doing anything after her loss
I'd rather her evolution happen next series, protecting James from a Gigantimax Pokemon. Not in a rushed 1-3 minute battle that quickly gets brushed aside for Rowlet and Decidueye, James deserves better than that!

It's obviously going to be a curbstomp, much as I'd love for James to pull a close match. But hopefully he at least gets to use a z-move again...
When is there a reason for TRio to ever evolve their pokemon? It's all for the sake of fans and literally has no barring on how TRio does in battling since the evolved forms still get wrecked just as much. I also 100% do not think they will bring any Alola pokemon to Galar so might as well make this league a bit more exciting with some random evolutions.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
When is there a reason for TRio to ever evolve their pokemon? It's all for the sake of fans and literally has no barring on how TRio does in battling since the evolved forms still get wrecked just as much. I also 100% do not think they will bring any Alola pokemon to Galar so might as well make this league a bit more exciting with some random evolutions.

They got more a reason than the classmates do.
Sending out a Pumpkaboo and Inkay against fully evolved Pokemon was just laughable!
And Mareanie really needed a power boost, but instead James' Pokemon don't get jack like usual. At least they actually obtained new moves this saga... unlike XY

ShadowForce720

You know an interesting thing to note regardless of what type of boost Ash's Rowlet winds up receiving is that if you really look at it this episode has some similarities with episode 63 which was Ash's Litten's evolution episode, and basically that is the whole premise of Ash's pokemon that's part of a 3 stage evolution line winds up trying to learn a move that will allow it or to help allow it to beat it's final evolution but then winds up in a battle with it's final evolution before it's perfected the move it's trying to learn and winds up getting restrained by it's final evolution.

Really looking at it there are 3 different possibilities in terms of the boost that Ash's Rowlet will receive here and they break down like this(these are in no particular order):

1. Ash's Rowlet succeeds in learning Feather Dance.
2. Ash's Rowlet tries to learn Feather Dance but winds up learning a different move instead.
3. Ash's Rowlet tries to use Feather Dance during the match but winds up evolving into Dartrix and either perfects Feather Dance or learns another move instead.

Well regardless of how it turns out I'd imagine that their going to reveal the boost in this episode and not force us to wait until next episode, especially considering whatever the boost winds up being was strong enough to allow Ash's Rowlet to actually give Hau's Decidueye a hard time as apparently according to the summary for episode 133 the battle is going back and forth.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
You know an interesting thing to note regardless of what type of boost Ash's Rowlet winds up receiving is that if you really look at it this episode has some similarities with episode 63 which was Ash's Litten's evolution episode, and basically that is the whole premise of Ash's pokemon that's part of a 3 stage evolution line winds up trying to learn a move that will allow it or to help allow it to beat it's final evolution but then winds up in a battle with it's final evolution before it's perfected the move it's trying to learn and winds up getting restrained by it's final evolution.

Really looking at it there are 3 different possibilities in terms of the boost that Ash's Rowlet will receive here and they break down like this(these are in no particular order):

1. Ash's Rowlet succeeds in learning Feather Dance.
2. Ash's Rowlet tries to learn Feather Dance but winds up learning a different move instead.
3. Ash's Rowlet tries to use Feather Dance during the match but winds up evolving into Dartrix and either perfects Feather Dance or learns another move instead.

Well regardless of how it turns out I'd imagine that their going to reveal the boost in this episode and not force us to wait until next episode, especially considering whatever the boost winds up being was strong enough to allow Ash's Rowlet to actually give Hau's Decidueye a hard time as apparently according to the summary for episode 133 the battle is going back and forth.
I’d really prefer scenario 3 but I think 2 is going to happen.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
With lycanroc’s battle record I’d say lasting more than a few moves, even after evolution, would be great for Mareanie. Better yet, tanking or countering a z move and then fainting after another move would be equally impressive for it. I just wanna know they care about James and Mareanie :)
Yeah, I guess that could be alright. I'm not betting on Mareanie evolving, but it would be nice if it did.

Here are some new images. Nothing too special, but the image of Ash, Pikachu and Rotom could be Ash running late for his battle against Hau.

https://cho-animedia.jp/anime/107664/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Lol image Gladion losing to James, so Kiawe and Ash can have their battle. I would laugh so hard. But this is still SM we are talking about. Iliama on the poster as a rival of Ash and then loses.

TheWanderingMist

Lol image Gladion losing to James, so Kiawe and Ash can have their battle. I would laugh so hard. But this is still SM we are talking about. Iliama on the poster as a rival of Ash and then loses.
Ah, Ilima was clearly going to be a sacrificial lion though. Hyped up only to be defeated by someone surprising.

Red and Blue

Second preview showed Sinister Arrowraid. That's probably were the episode will end

TheWanderingMist

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Imagine James winning this league. I'd die laughing.

I'd just settle for James winning a competition in general again...
That's why I miss Dom tournaments. At least he'd stand a chance of winning one of those

Status
Not open for further replies.