• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 28th: XY&Z035 - Fierce Rival Battle! Ash Greninja VS Mega Sceptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epicocity

This is a 6 on 6 league battle. I expect both trainers to reduce the other to one pokemon left. Really don't want Ash to be shown more stronger than he already is in my opinion.

But that's what we're arguing: Ash is strong enough to finish this battle 6-4. It's not "stronger than he already is". His past track record battles against Sawyer show this, no matter how much Sawyer has prepared. take a look at his XY track record and it's pretty clear. If anything, you're overestimating Sawyer while underestimating Ash.

But that's what we're arguing: Ash is strong enough to finish this battle 6-4. It's not "stronger than he already is". His past track record battles against Sawyer show this, no matter how much Sawyer has prepared. take a look at his XY track record and it's pretty clear. If anything, you're overestimating Sawyer while underestimating Ash.

I think it is the other way round. Ash is getting overstimated while others like Sawyer and Alain get underestimated. I do not believe Ash is strong enough to have 2 pokemon left after he wins. I can't be convinced unless the episode airs. I don't want to argue about this anymore. I have made up my mind.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I think it is the other way round. Ash is getting overstimated while others like Sawyer and Alain get underestimated. I do not believe Ash is strong enough to have 2 pokemon left after he wins. I can't be convinced unless the episode airs. I don't want to argue about this anymore. I have made up my mind.

And you think Sawyer is strong enough for the likes of Ash? Ash and Alain aren't overestimated, in fact, you underestimate Ash's experience because you're so amazed at Sawyer's tactics.

Epicocity

Really? Okay, this is going off facts from the previews alone, along with a dash of speculation.

1) Pikachu defeats Aegislash. This is confirmed. At the very least, he's called back and is not KO'd by Aegislash.
2) Noivern faces Salamence after Pikachu is recalled.
3) Goodra faces Slurpuff.
4) Greninja comes out when Sceptile is already on the field.
5) I, personally, find it highly unlikely for there to be 2 fall guys, especially when one of the Pokemon remaining is one Sawyer has no idea even exists.
6) Ash knows he'll need Ash-Greninja to face Mega Sceptile. He may try with Goodra at first, but after that fails, he'll likely switch out for Greninja to avoid Lightning Rod.
7) Greninja will very likely defeat Mega Sceptile, Sawyer's last Pokemon.

Therefore, unless Pikachu gets put back in the battle, which is unlikely given he's fought 2 battles by that point, Ash can very easily win 6-4. And yes, these are mostly facts (4/7, at least...5/7 really, since Ash would faint if Greninja loses and would likely cost him the match).

I can't buy the idea of Ash winning 6-4 sorry. Sawyer has the pokemon and power to reduce Ash to one pokemon especially with Mega Sceptile. But this is my opinion and you can believe what you want regardless of what I think.

Epicocity

I can't buy the idea of Ash winning 6-4 sorry. Sawyer has the pokemon and power to reduce Ash to one pokemon especially with Mega Sceptile. But this is my opinion and you can believe what you want regardless of what I think.

He might have the power to...but not if he never subs Pikachu back in. Sceptile isn't going Mega until Greninja hits the field, which is proven in the preview, so that part of your argument is null. Further, maybe Sceptile could take out Noivern and Goodra. But say that he does...and then Ash sends Greninja out. Greninja's winning. Oh my, Pikachu never went back in? 6-4.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite

How is that so? I mean, Sawyer only has Aegislash, Salamence, Slurpuff and Sceptile left. All of them were slayed by Ash before. And as far as I remember, Pikachu and Goodra were never slayed by Sawyer before. I would love to hear some logical explanations from you.

He might have the power to...but not if he never subs Pikachu back in. Sceptile isn't going Mega until Greninja hits the field, which is proven in the preview, so that part of your argument is null. Further, maybe Sceptile could take out Noivern and Goodra. But say that he does...and then Ash sends Greninja out. Greninja's winning. Oh my, Pikachu never went back in? 6-4.

Who said Pikachu is going to be withdrawn and be left out for the rest of the battle? That is just an assumption. Ash could use Pikachu again. 6-4 is not a good way to win the semi-finals in my opinion.

andrewscott48209

I think there's a chance Ash might win 6-3. Now here me out. Right now Ash and Sawyer are tied 2-2 with Pikachu and Aegislash. It is believed Pikachu wins and is recalled, and the battlefield is changed to a rocky field. Noivern goes against Salamence. If Noivern wins it will be 4-2 for Ash. Then we can assume Slurpuff enters the field and knocks Noivern out, making it 4-3 for Ash. Then Ash sends out Goodra and with a combination of ice beam and bide, Goodra wins making it 5-3 for Ash. Sawyer sends out Sceptile and Ash recalls Goodra, and sends out Greninja. Both change forms and Greninja wins making it a 6-3 win for Ash.

Last edited:

Epicocity

Who said Pikachu is going to be withdrawn and be left out for the rest of the battle? That is just an assumption. Ash could use Pikachu again. 6-4 is not a good way to win the semi-finals in my opinion.

Pikachu will be withdrawn. This isn't an assumption. The going back in part, I have no idea, but considering the matchups we know, it doesn't seem likely at this time.

I think there's a chance Ash might win 6-3. Now here me out. Right now Ash and Sawyer are tied 2-2 with Pikachu and Aegislash. It is believed Pikachu wins and is recalled, and the battlefield is changed to a rocky field. Noivern goes against Salamence. If blue Noivern wins it will be 4-2 for Ash. Then we can assume Slurpuff enters the field and knocks Noivern out, making it 4-3 for Ash. Then Ash seems out Goodra and with a combination of ice beam and bide, Goodra wins making it 5-3 for Ash. Sawyer sends out Sceptile and Ash recalls Goodra, and sends out Greninja. Both change forms and Greninja wins making it a 6-3 win for Ash.

That is even worse than 6-4 win in my opinion. Ash is just a decent trainer who is likely ending the match at 6-5. Ash is getting way overestimated these days.

Pikachu will be withdrawn. This isn't an assumption. The going back in part, I have no idea, but considering the matchups we know, it doesn't seem likely at this time.

How do you know? Pikachu might lose for all we know.

jrizza88

Meteorite
maybe Ash can send out Pikachu against Slurpuff and have Pikachu use there since poor Slurpuff has won zero battles since its debut. I guess the same can be said for Salamence though lol.

Honestly, I wish those two had wins instead of Clawritzer (which already has two wins against Ash) and Slaking. We saw Slaking with an on-screen win already. They could have had Hawlucha recalled and Talonflame recalled from Clawritzer and just have them lose to Salamence and Slurpuff.

... at the same time, I'm sure nobody cares though lol.

redBadger22

That is even worse than 6-4 win in my opinion. Ash is just a decent trainer who is likely ending the match at 6-5. Ash is getting way overestimated these days.

If you bothered to watch the preview or actually read the thread you would know that the scoreboard shows pikachu in color signifying him beating Aegislash and recalling pikachu for the next battle.

ShadowForce720

2 things, first if you look at the pokefan scans and you look closely at the picture of the happy Pikachu you will notice Aegislash is greyed out on the score board meaning that it lost to Pikachu and 2nd if you watch the preview for this episode during the Noivern vs Salamence part of the preview it shows the score board and shows that Pikachu is still lit up even though it isn't currently on the battlefield mean that it's still active and Ash recalled it.

Epicocity

2 things, first if you look at the pokefan scans and you look closely at the picture of the happy Pikachu you will notice Aegislash is greyed out on the score board meaning that it lost to Pikachu and 2nd if you watch the preview for this episode during the Noivern vs Salamence part of the preview it shows the score board and shows that Pikachu is still lit up even though it isn't currently on the battlefield mean that it's still active and Ash recalled it.

Does anyone have a link to a still shot of this? Because I get the feeling that otherwise he'll claim it's impossible to tell in the preview.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
i like that Sawyer has a diverse team. No two or more of the same type (except for Sceptile and Salamence when Sceptile Mega Evolves)

andrewscott48209

I was saying there was a chance. It might not happen. I could have made it worse for Sawyer and said that Ash recalls Noivern, ultimately making it a 6-2 victory for Ash.

Epicocity

I was saying there was a chance. It might not happen. I could have made it worse for Sawyer and said that Ash recalls Noivern, ultimately making it a 6-2 victory for Ash.

That would be almost hilarious to see, if just to parallel Alain but still give all of Ash's team a win (except for Hawlucha, who got shafted).

Yeah, Sawyer's team is very powerful and decent in my opinion. Salamence are even more powerful since they are pseudo. Of course Ash has defeat pseudos before like Pikachu defeat Dragonite in Orange Islands.

Status
Not open for further replies.