• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 28th: XY&Z035 - Fierce Rival Battle! Ash Greninja VS Mega Sceptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
If Ash wins I guess it means he faces Alan next. I'm also wondering if we will see Alan's next foe before he faces off against Ash.

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax
Nothing special, we've all been expecting this. What really interests me is what comes next.

I disagree immensely. It has taken us 20 years to get to this point with Ash so this is the be end to end all moment for us he either wins and we celebrate that dreams can come true or he loses, dreams are a waste of time and were right back to square one Again..Times 7.

Janovy

Banned
I disagree immensely. It has taken us 20 years to get to this point with Ash so this is the be end to end all moment for us he either wins and we celebrate that dreams can come true or he loses, dreams are a waste of time and were right back to square one Again..Times 7.
Ash will obviously win and face Alain in the finals. While this battle will surely be nice, it doesn't interest me as much as the finals do.

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax
Ash will obviously win and face Alain in the finals. While this battle will surely be nice, it doesn't interest me as much as the finals do.

Lets be Honest people Ash is not going to win the finals he is either going to lose there or Flare coming in to interrupted it. I taking what i can and running with it at this point. But hey if by that 1% change it happens I will eat my boot filled with hot peppers and do the walk of shame, well that or i will just say i am sorry.

Red and Blue

If Ash wins I guess it means he faces Alan next. I'm also wondering if we will see Alan's next foe before he faces off against Ash.

We might see Alan take down his opponent quickly after Sawyer loses. I'm guessing its Astrid

BreeZaps

Your Lightning Star
If Ash does win the league does he get to battle the Champion? My memory might be wrong but I think the winner gets to battle the champion.

Also I think Ash will win the league because Greninja never beat Mega Charizard before.

And Ash will win this match because Greninja lost to Sceptile last match.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

If Ash does win the league does he get to battle the Champion? My memory might be wrong but I think the winner gets to battle the champion.

Also I think Ash will win the league because Greninja never beat Mega Charizard before.

The winner has the chance to enter the Champion League, where they go to face the Elite 4 then the champion, and if they win they're the champion.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Champion's the league, so basically it becomes just like the games then where you have to fight the elite four first.

neopets21

Between the weird pace of the episodes, the constant use of Megas from the other trainers and the constant use of Ash Greninja from Ash, I'm starting to get a bit skeptical about this league.

Ashton Ketchum

And Ash will beat E4 and Dianta, because previous 2 battles interrupt. :)

UnovaMaster

It's pretty simple if they go the 2 part route with Alan and don't mix in TF shenanigans. The 7th episode of the League would be Ash getting wrecked by the first Elite 4 member.

At least he'd fulfill his promise to win the Kalos League that he made back in Pallet Town after Unova. Plus all that Champion League foreshadowing would come to something. But then unlike in the games, Ash has to do it all over again and go to Alola if he wants to face an Elite 4 again. He only gets one chance against the Elite 4. If we're lucky he'll use reserves at the end of Alola. What matters is an inventive way of progress, and even if Ash goes on another 3-4 regions, at least we'll keep seeing him in this new Champion League stage.

Serena got a chance to compete with the Kalos Queen (basically that goal's champion) so I think Ash's success would correlate with Champion League entrance to make it even.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Since when could you only get one chance? I thought one could face the E4 as many times necessary if they beat the League

jrizza88

Meteorite
They can still make the final battle between Ash and Alain a 3 parter battle like the one of Ash vs Paul, which would still make the league 7 episodes long...

Ideally, it would have been great if they did this league johto/battle frontier/sinnoh style where we get to see reserves take part. They could have one reserve in the Shota battle and then one in the Alain battle with the the 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3 battles before that featuring reserves and Goodra. For crying out loud we could have took away the last episode that just aired and had them go straight to the league. hmmph.

UnovaMaster

Since when could you only get one chance? I thought one could face the E4 as many times necessary if they beat the League

You can't apply game logic to a situation where Ash has to move onto another region without becoming a Champion. For show-based logic, I think it's a fair compromise to make it so that if Ash loses a battle with any of the Elite 4, he has to go back to the starting point. This way he'll still slowly inch up the ladder after breaking past the normal league barrier.

Janovy

Banned
We should be wary about this episode. Last time a "6v6" with two episodes happened, the "big" fight was the end of Ash's futile dreams.
Last time Ash lost to a rival before the League he ended up beating them.

Man, this logic works both ways!!

So, we still don't officially know anything about Ash's 6th Pokemon for Full-Battles. Wonder why they are keeping it in low profile, if it really turns out to be Goodra.

And with this episode, we have 4 confirmed episodes for the League. And from the way things are, Ash would move to the next round and face Alan, which most likely would also be a two-parter.

If I were to guess, if it's Goodra, the audience is probably supposed to believe that it is "released" still and then when it shows up we're supposed to be surprised.

Anyway, hoping that Ash-Greninja vs. Mega Sceptile is epic. They've been hyping this match-up since the start of XY&Z with the opening.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I can see this happening in my opinion: Sceptile and Greninja exchanges attacks. Sceptile mega evolve and Greninja becomes Ash-Greninja if they hadn't done it last episode. Ash-Greninja strikes Mega Sceptile with a Aerial Ace. Mega Sceptile response with a Leaf Blade which does a critical hit that knocks Ash-Greninja out and making Sawyer the winner of the match.

I can see this happening in my opinion: Sceptile and Greninja exchanges attacks. Sceptile mega evolve and Greninja becomes Ash-Greninja if they hadn't done it last episode. Ash-Greninja strikes Mega Sceptile with a Aerial Ace. Mega Sceptile response with a Leaf Blade which does a critical hit that knocks Ash-Greninja out and making Sawyer the winner of the match.

Yeah no... It's been confirmed Ash fights Alain in the final.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

It is confirmed Ash vs Alain happens after this, so Shota has to lose at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.