• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 28th: XY&Z035 - Fierce Rival Battle! Ash Greninja VS Mega Sceptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megatron213

My prediction for the second half of sawyer vs ash is.

Pikachu vs aeigslash (pikachu) pikachu gets recalled.
Noviern vs Salamance close battle but Salamances power wins it (Salamance)
Goodra vs Salamance (Goodra) gets it with a ice beam as it comes close for an attack
Goodra vs slurpuff (draw) Goodra uses bide slurpuff gets dazzling gleam in and both faint with that the stage is set.
Ash greninja vs Mega Sceptile (ash-greninja) after a hard fought battle greninja fires a water shuriken sceptile breaks it and as the dust goes away greninja is already standing in front of sceptile and finishes it with a powerful aerial ace. Ash wins with both greninja and pikachu still active.

That's just my prediction I wonder how close or far way from the actual result I will be.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
At this rate, I think 6-4 makes sense and is the right balance. Pikachu will already have defeated Clawitzer and Aegislash and from the scans and preview, he looks battered. I just don't see Ash essentially putting Pikachu back out there as a sacrifice. 6-3 could also happen if Ash is really on his game. 6-2 is a bit overkill considering Shota is by far number 3 in the tournament (but still a level behind Ash and Alain). Here's my prediction:

Pikachu v. Aegislash: Pikachu wins and is switched out.
Noivern v. Salamance: Noivern. He gets his win
Noivern v. Slurpuff: Slurpuff
Goodra v. Slurpuff: Goodra
Goodra v. Sceptile: Sceptile, but Goodra deals good damage
Greninja v. Sceptile: Greninja
Ash wins 6-4

Joltik-Kid

Simply Fantastic ಠ_ಠ
If it does end 6-5... that may or may not bode well for Ash vs Alain

DracoMaster121

Strategy Trainer
My prediction for the second half of sawyer vs ash is.

Pikachu vs aeigslash (pikachu) pikachu gets recalled.
Noviern vs Salamance close battle but Salamances power wins it (Salamance)
Goodra vs Salamance (Goodra) gets it with a ice beam as it comes close for an attack
Goodra vs slurpuff (draw) Goodra uses bide slurpuff gets dazzling gleam in and both faint with that the stage is set.
Ash greninja vs Mega Sceptile (ash-greninja) after a hard fought battle greninja fires a water shuriken sceptile breaks it and as the dust goes away greninja is already standing in front of sceptile and finishes it with a powerful aerial ace. Ash wins with both greninja and pikachu still active.

That's just my prediction I wonder how close or far way from the actual result I will be.

I could definitely see this happening but really hope Noivern beats Salamence before going down to Slurpuff.

Megatron213

I could definitely see this happening but really hope Noivern beats Salamence before going down to Slurpuff.

I must admit the Pokemon fan in me would love to see noivern defeating Salamance as well the only reason I didn't have noivern defeating Salamance is because I think that noiverns shinning moment is going to be in the Alain battle. It's quite interesting that noivern could very well be battling two puesdo legendaries in a row I hope he does go well.

sheld999

i wonder what ash will do with pikachu in order to break angleshia technique

pokefandt

i wonder what ash will do with pikachu in order to break angleshia technique

It might have something to do with the scene we're being shown in the preview where Pikachu is jumping around all the pieces of wood from the trees that Aegislash cut down.

Also for Mega-Sceptile vs Greninja, I like how they remake that charge between the two like they did way back in their second battle. Like the call back, after everything else it all comes down to this.

Epicocity

I can understand why Hawlucha lost. It used flying press on Slaking, who pulled a Wobuffet on it and use counter on it.doubling the damage and knocking it out.

Oh, I wasn't hating on it. It was a smart move. I just hate it any time Hawlucha loses without a win in a battle.

lemoncatpower

Cynical optimist
It might have something to do with the scene we're being shown in the preview where Pikachu is jumping around all the pieces of wood from the trees that Aegislash cut down.

Also for Mega-Sceptile vs Greninja, I like how they remake that charge between the two like they did way back in their second battle. Like the call back, after everything else it all comes down to this.

im very curious to see what makes the trees and all the debris float around them like that, maybe it'll be a new move used by Angislash??

Illusio

All right, let's just agree that both Noivern and Salamence have no good pool of battles on screen (but obviously battle off it in both cases) and that we can't properly determine the winner until next Thursday.

The only thing I will disagree with is Sawyer having comparable aerial experience. Ash's three flyers (fine, 2 1/2) contest that.

Alright, agree to disagree then until later.

In the preview, Goodra is shown using Bide. I guess that Ash lost his mind during the match and will command that move against Salamance instead of spamming Ice Beam.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I hate bide so much, Sawyer can literally decide to stop attacking and there goes Ash's entire strategy

AuraChannelerChris

"Tis an honor to be recognized."
I hate bide so much, Sawyer can literally decide to stop attacking and there goes Ash's entire strategy

You underestimate the characters' penchant of freezing in horror rather than attempting to flee.

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
Now that I have seen the preview, it looks like Noivern is going to be the fall guy here? Pikachu seems to have defeated Aegislash before being recalled against Salamence, and Noivern will have to do an aerial battle with it. Noivern will have to lose in order for Goodra to enter and defeat Salamence. Not sure what happens from there, but it makes me sad that Noivern is going to lose.

Epicocity

Now that I have seen the preview, it looks like Noivern is going to be the fall guy here? Pikachu seems to have defeated Aegislash before being recalled against Salamence, and Noivern will have to do an aerial battle with it. Noivern will have to lose in order for Goodra to enter and defeat Salamence. Not sure what happens from there, but it makes me sad that Noivern is going to lose.

Not to start it up again, but that's assuming that Goodra will defeat Salamence. There's been nothing showing that they'll even face off, so it's far too up in the air for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.