• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 28th: XY&Z035 - Fierce Rival Battle! Ash Greninja VS Mega Sceptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Well, we don't know for certain that Greninja is Ash's last quite yet. Just that Sceptile is Sawyer's. Considering Greninja hits the field after Sceptile is already out, we have no way of knowing until it airs (or the Pokenchi preview).

Follow-up question: if Ash switches out each Pokemon after they win and thus doesn't lose any, or simply never switches Pikachu back in after Aegislash, how would the win be over the top? It's a legitimate strategy and was the way Paul beat Barry 3-0 after all.

Well I like it when Ash wins battles that comes very close to him losing but he pulls it off anyway. If he wins 6-4 here then I rather see the winner of the next match win 6-5 as it would bring more tension for the final of the league.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Well I like it when Ash wins battles that comes very close to him losing but he pulls it off anyway. If he wins 6-4 here then I rather see the winner of the next match win 6-5 as it would bring more tension for the final of the league.

And that's exactly what I would like! Plus, it gives Ash more of an edge when fighting against someone like Alain, even if he is pretty formidable.

Epicocity

So, it comes more of a personal preference, then? Well, if the battle finishes 6-4 like a lot of us are thinking, there's no doubt Ash vs. Alain will head to 6-5. No tension for the ultimate match otherwise.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
So, it comes more of a personal preference, then? Well, if the battle finishes 6-4 like a lot of us are thinking, there's no doubt Ash vs. Alain will head to 6-5. No tension for the ultimate match otherwise.

Lead in how?

Alain already beat his semi opponent 6-5 if i'm not mistaken.

Epicocity

Lead in how?

Alain already beat his semi opponent 6-5 if i'm not mistaken.

That's a difference in scoring. I think most of us are using the number defeated, not the number left.

So, Alain vs. Remo would be 6-1 (or 1-6, but the other way looks better).

Epicocity

I think the dub's alright. The Japanese version is better though. Also, I don't like watching the movies on cartoon network. Way too much is cut from the movie in favor of commercials.

Not getting into a dub vs. sub debate, but if the dub kept all the music like most dubbing companies do these days (Funimation) I'd stick with dub all the time after it aired. But they don't. So sub is better for this.

That said, I was asking why it would be hell to dub this particular episode?

andrewscott48209

Not getting into a dub vs. sub debate, but if the dub kept all the music like most dubbing companies do these days (Funimation) I'd stick with dub all the time after it aired. But they don't. So sub is better for this.

That said, I was asking why it would be hell to dub this particular episode?

I'm not saying the dub is bad, I just prefer the Japanese version. And you're right about the music. That's the main reason I prefer the Japanese version.

Follow-up question: if Ash switches out each Pokemon after they win and thus doesn't lose any, or simply never switches Pikachu back in after Aegislash, how would the win be over the top? It's a legitimate strategy and was the way Paul beat Barry 3-0 after all.

Pikachu has been shown in a physical condition similar to when he defeated defeated Mega Lucario in some scans and previews for this episode, meaning that he will most likely be unable to battle for the rest of the match even after getting recalled. If Ash sends him out again, it would be one of his dumbest decisions yet.

Having the level 800 mouse and the Super Saiyan frog as his remaining Pokémon could still produce some tension; if Ash-Greninja is defeated (lol), Pikachu would have zero chances against Mega Sceptile regardless of their respective conditions.

Epicocity

I'm not saying the dub is bad, I just prefer the Japanese version. And you're right about the music. That's the main reason I prefer the Japanese version.

Music is what makes an episode of anything. You can have the best acting/graphics/story in the world, but no amount of that will make up for poor music in my opinion.

Though, again...can I have my question answered on why this one would be hell to dub?

andrewscott48209

Music is what makes an episode of anything. You can have the best acting/graphics/story in the world, but no amount of that will make up for poor music in my opinion.

Though, again...can I have my question answered on why this one would be hell to dub?

I don't really know. It should not be that hard.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Just saw the 2nd preview. They only showed the scoreboard in the background for a split second but it looks like the battle is a 6-5 win for Ash.

The image was very blurry, but the scoreboard showed Hawlucha's image next to the active pokemon, showing that all of Ash's team except Greninja had been defeated.

It also looks like Noivern is the third to be defeated.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Pokenchi preview out.

Scoreboard shown during the Greninja VS Sceptile battle indicates Pikachu is defeated at some point before it, I couldn't make out when because the video quality I had was poor.

EDIT: Oh FFS we literally said the same thing LOL

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
This is how I think the overall battle will go, including what has already happened.

Hawlucha VS Slaking (Slaking)
Slaking VS Talonflame (Talonflame)
Talonflame VS Clawitzer (Clawitzer)
Clawitzer VS Pikachu (Pikachu)
Pikachu VS Aegislash (Pikachu and then is recalled)
Noivern VS Salamence (Noivern)
Noivern VS Slurpuff (Slurpuff)
Slurpuff VS Goodra (Tie or Goodra)
Goodra VS Sceptile (Sceptile) or Pikachu VS Sceptile (Sceptile)
Sceptile VS Pikachu (Sceptile, if the previous battle is Goodra VS Sceptile)
Mega Sceptile VS Ash-Greninja (Ash-Greninja)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Salamence about to be the next Trip's Conkeldurr, never getting a single win on screen but a still a massive powerhouse.

Because I don't think they'd screw over Noivern like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.