• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 28th: XY&Z035 - Fierce Rival Battle! Ash Greninja VS Mega Sceptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusio

No words, only rage
I just saw the preview, from the looks of it, it goes Hawlucha>Talonflame>Noivern>Goodra>Pikachu (it's hard to make out, but you can see Pikachu's portrait in the last spot) in terms of defeat order. I get the feeling that if Pikachu's getting brought back in, it will get a KO, which would only leave Slurpuff for that option, which would leave either Goodra or Noivern without a win for now.

They could also do a Clemont's Luxray and just feed Pikachu to Sceptile, but I feel that he wouldn't be brought in like that since Ash knows about Lightningrod.

Salamence about to be the next Trip's Conkeldurr, never getting a single win on screen but a still a massive powerhouse.

Because I don't think they'd screw over Noivern like that.

Considering that the best description they could think of for Noivern in the magazine is a generic 'he's a reliable guy!', I sadly wouldn't be surprised if he's taken out by Salamence to make Goodra taking it out look better.

Last edited:

Cotaman

Frontier Brain
As mentioned above, the preview showed the scoreboard for a split second, took a screenshot but I can't tell what's going on to be honest.

vs.jpg

Blazerz

Hmph... So Noivern is going to get screwed over most likely and Salamence will bring it back. I still think it's stupid to leave it 1-0.

diakyu

I'd be fine with a double knock out with Noivern and Salamence. If he jobs I'm gonna be very, very angry. And then I'm gonna blame it alllllll on Goodra coming back.

I am trying so hard to think of a valid reason for Ash to send out Pikachu after his battle against Aegislash. I guess that Slurpuff is OP as f***.

Not the best way to lead this match, but I'm ok if Sceptile sweeps until Greninja comes out, that is Sawyer's strongest Pokémon after all. It would also show that, omitting the powerhouses, Ash's team is superior than his fanboy's.

Anyways, Dragon Claw looks much better compared to the one seen on episode #33.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
He'd better get two kills vs Alain if he's jobbing here, because I mean holy sh**!

But who am I kidding? They hate this Pokémon.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
As mentioned above, the preview showed the scoreboard for a split second, took a screenshot but I can't tell what's going on to be honest.

View attachment 15797

So Noivern goes down next, then Goodra, and finally Pikachu before the final matchup between Greninja and Sceptile.

And yes, I'd be okay with Sceptile sweeping through Goodra and Pikachu. He definitely is the powerhouse of Sawyer's team.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i just hope Ash doesn't try something stupid with Pikachu like he did against Paul's Electivire, though that's only If Sawyer mega evolves it off the bat.

my predictions for the rest of the fight.

Pikachu vs Aegislash: Kind of a given that Pikachu takes it out, unless Ash switches for Noivern, which might be the only way it gets a win now in this fight.

Beyond that
Salamence vs Noivern: Salamence wins, amount of damage effects battle with Goodra.
Salamence vs Goodra: Goodra wins, Same principle applies for Slurpuff
Slurpuff vs Goodra: Goodra only wins if it didn't take much damage from Salamence, other wise it loses, at best a tie occurs.
Slurpuff vs Pikachu: If it comes down to this, Pikachu wins
Sceptile vs Pikachu: Sceptile wins (If Goodra is still alive Sceptile takes it down as well)
Mega Sceptile vs Ash-Greninja: Ash-Greninja wins.

Now that we know the order of who gets knocked out, I'm hoping for/guessing something like this:

- Pikachu vs. Aegislash (Pikachu gets recalled)
- Noivern vs. Salamence
- Noivern vs. Slurpuff
- Goodra vs. Slurpuff (Goodra wins but faints right after due to exhaustion from using Bide)
- Pikachu vs. Sceptile
- Ash-Greninja vs. Sceptile

Or we can see this but Sceptile takes down Goodra and Pikachu a la Paul's Electivire.

For me, more preferably, I'd like to see this:

- Pikachu vs. Aegislash (Pikachu gets recalled after Ash spots a weakness)
- Noivern vs. Aegislash
- Noivern vs. Salamence (tie)
- Goodra vs. Slurpuff
- Goodra vs. Sceptile (Goodra quickly faints to one Dragon Claw after being exhausted from Bide)
- Pikachu vs. Sceptile (Pikachu tries to hit Sceptile but can't due to Frenzy Plant)
- Ash-Greninja vs. Mega Sceptile

I just want some wins for Noivern here lol.

Last edited:

diakyu

It's worth noting neither Bagon or Shelgon were shown to be remotely competent under Sawyer. Don't look at Salamence and think, "oh must be too strong for Baby Noivern because he's a Salamence".

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
i just hope Ash doesn't try something stupid with Pikachu like he did against Paul's Electivire

I think the dub verison cut it out, but in the Japanese version it explains the reason Ash did that is to tempt Paul into using a close-range attack without second thought,and counter that accordingly. It didn't work out,but that just shows not all strategies work.

Illusio

No words, only rage
I think my biggest thing here is I can't see Ash throw in Pikachu into Sceptile after Aegislash, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Pikachu has nothing it can do to Mega Sceptile and Ash would probably be better served keeping it on deck just in case Ash-Greninja falls, since he'd stand a better chance against a weakened one rather then one at full health. At least it being switched into Slurpuff makes sense due to Iron Tail.

It's worth noting neither Bagon or Shelgon were shown to be remotely competent under Sawyer. Don't look at Salamence and think, "oh must be too strong for Baby Noivern because he's a Salamence".

The thing is, neither was Slurpuff (the best it's gotten was disabling Raichu), but we're still considering that it gets a win here. So either way, one (if not both) of Sawyer's weaker members are walking away with a win finally under their belt.

Last edited:

nameman

Oh no, now the final battle will have some tension and won't be a flaccid foregone conclusion

I partially agree with Maldread here though. With Mega Sceptile's Lightning Rod ability, there could have been the pressure of Pikachu not being able to get over Mega Sceptile at all. Ash-Greninja would have had to win or Ash would have had his dream crushed again. It still would have been suspenseful with that element, but I'm fine with the traditional route.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

the same could be said about Slurpuff and yet it's apparently going to weaken, possibly beat Goodra who's endurable as heck by itself?

Unless it comes down to 3-1 and Sawyer is forced to mega evolve Sceptile from the get go to knock out Goodra and Pikachu, it's looking more like Noivern's losing to Salamence who helps Slurpuff with Goodra, cause I can not see Slurpuff beat Goodra by itself even if it does have type advantage.

Unless Ash is actually stupid enough to go for Bide right off the freaking bat with Slurpuff, even though that move is more of a last resort style move.

Not to mention since Sawyer's never fought Goodra, kinda like how Ash didn't know about Slaking, I kinda want Goodra to impede Sawyer even if it's only temporary, and taking 1 or 2 of his pokemon down would be the best way to do that.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
I partially agree with Maldread here though. With Mega Sceptile's Lightning Rod ability, there could have been the pressure of Pikachu not being able to get over Mega Sceptile at all. Ash-Greninja would have had to win or Ash would have had his dream crushed again. It still would have been suspenseful with that element, but I'm fine with the traditional route.

Ehhh you actually have a point there. I just want Sawyer to be given a little more respect in what's going to be his final battle, show how far he's come

Navin

MALDREAD
Ehhh you actually have a point there. I just want Sawyer to be given a little more respect in what's going to be his final battle, show how far he's come

Going from getting trashed by Ash to losing 4-6 (in a scenario where Ash would have been screwed sending out Pikachu against Mega Sceptile) to a much more experienced trainer does "show how far he's come."

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I honestly don't think Ash should win against Alain anymore unless Ash-Greninja destroys mega-sceptile if it's coming down to a 5-6 battle.
If Ash-Greninja has a problem against Mega Sceptile than imo I don't think Ash deserves to win against Mega Charizard.
Or I hope Alain's other pokemon suck a bunch or something.
Idk the 5-6 thing really bothers me, but whatever it's just a show :D

Status
Not open for further replies.