• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 28th: XY&Z035 - Fierce Rival Battle! Ash Greninja VS Mega Sceptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
When was this? I saw nothing that confirms Ash fighting Alain. I don't see how Greninja can be Mega Sceptile.

Here ya go

His greatest rival, "Alain"! Just what is he fully capable of...!?
At this most important stage to battle at, what tactics will Ash use to seize victory...!?
The two have fought before as well, but Alain has won every time!!
A fierce onslaught of attacks with Mega Charizard X as the centerpiece!!
His other Pokémon are super powerful as well!!

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Here ya go

Well, it does look and sound like he is going up against Alain. Forget my previous prediction for the episode. New prediction: both pokemon transform and battle it out. Mega Sceptile and Ash-Greninja both get worn down with attacks. Both deliver a final attack. Once dust settles, Greninja is the one left standing and Ash is declared the winner.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Well, it does look and sound like he is going up against Alain. Forget my previous prediction for the episode. New prediction: both pokemon transform and battle it out. Mega Sceptile and Ash-Greninja both get worn down with attacks. Both deliver a final attack. Once dust settles, Greninja is the one left standing and Ash is declared the winner.

I don't think they would abuse dust explosions in this saga, at best we get a Samurai stand off with a fall or a direct camera zoom impact followed by the collapse. Dust Explosions barely fit this animation style and they would love to use the background rotoscope to give effect to an attack, we have gotten 3 of those already.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'm speechless. Completely. Utterly. Speechless. XD

Even if Ash doesn't win the whole league, if he wins this battle, history will be made in more ways than one.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm speechless. Completely. Utterly. Speechless. XD

Even if Ash doesn't win the whole league, if he wins this battle, history will be made in more ways than one.

Yup if Ash wins then he'll make Top 2 finally, which would be a huge achievement. Tho the mere fact that he's made Top 4 again is enough for me cuz I was once worried that he'd only go as far as Top 8 in Kalos. ^^;

SoundVoltex

Yup if Ash wins then he'll make Top 2 finally, which would be a huge achievement. Tho the mere fact that he's made Top 4 again is enough for me cuz I was once worried that he'd only go as far as Top 8 in Kalos. ^^;
It's pretty much confirmed he wins this battle, but the fact he is top 4 really solidifies his stance as a trainer this season. His team mostly consists of fully evolved Pokemon too, which in itself is already amazing.

I'm really excited that he's finally made it as a finalist. I'm even more excited for its finale, as Alain is being labeled as Ash's ultimate rival as well. Pokemon is going to hype this one up.

I really haven't been this excited since Diamond and Pearl with Paul vs Ash.

I love where the animation style is going as well. It makes the whole battle dynamic feel like it's one of Ash's most important battles to date.

RickHoenn

Banned
This or the battle against Mega Zard X later seems to be the battles of the century and with these amazing animation XY battles had have I have great expection and hopes, bring it on! :D this league will be the best ever and the first time Ash reach the finals, I'm so hyped!!

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Alan has the power of egao on his side.

Ash doesn't stand a chance with his fake mega.

I think it was confirmed as Synchro evolution. Anyway, Top 4 or Top 2 is what I expect of Ash to be in. It be cool if Ash-Greninja learns Night Slash during the battle and lands a direct hit on Mega Sceptile which results in Sceptile fainting. Kind of like Sceptile's Leaf Blade on Darkrai.

I think it was confirmed as Synchro evolution. Anyway, Top 4 or Top 2 is what I expect of Ash to be in. It be cool if Ash-Greninja learns Night Slash during the battle and lands a direct hit on Mega Sceptile which results in Sceptile fainting. Kind of like Sceptile's Leaf Blade on Darkrai.

You expect? Top 2 is confirmed! You just admitted that on the previous page.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I've been at work all day and just saw all this. I saw something tossed around that it's confirmed ash is top 2? can someone tell me if this is true and how so?

if it is I really can't wait. I've wanted ash to reach top 2 since sinnoh and was unbelievably disappointed when he hit top 8 in unova but I'd be glad to see him reach top 2 here. also assuming he does, what are the chances of him actually winning the league?

STICKTOPIA

I'm hoping they don't pull a Paul and have Greninja get a bunch of wins here, save those for his other pokemon, just have Greninja battle Sceptile, especially since there is still the battle against Alain.
good heavens I really hope greninja is saved for last honestly. It got enough spotlight already

Status
Not open for further replies.