• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 28th: XY&Z035 - Fierce Rival Battle! Ash Greninja VS Mega Sceptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
You think Ash would win with Greninja's Water Shuriken or with one final Aerial Ace? I like to see what move Greninja would use to secure the win for Ash.
It's weird. By itself. Water Shuriken is a bit of a derp move in the games. It attacks 2-5 times and only has a base damage of 15. And the anime has utilised it completely differently for some reason.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
It's weird. By itself. Water Shuriken is a bit of a derp move in the games. It attacks 2-5 times and only has a base damage of 15. And the anime has utilised it completely differently for some reason.

Anime =/= Games

Surely after 20 years this should be known...

Navin

MALDREAD
Gonna say Noivern will proberly take out Aegislash after Pikachu losses it's attack power from King's shield. Then Goodra beats Salamence and Ties Slurpuff, Pikachu powers up MSceptile, and DAE Greninja finishes it off. Honestly the best way the battle could play out IMO.

It would be such plot-induced stupidity if XY Ash sent Pikachu out to face M-Sceptile especially after he directly witnessed Tierno's Raichu being neutralized by Lightning Rod.

Red and Blue

It would be such plot-induced stupidity if XY Ash sent Pikachu out to face M-Sceptile especially after he directly witnessed Tierno's Raichu being neutralized by Lightning Rod.

Yeah but Pikachu's going to lose to one of Sawyer's Pokemon. Might as well be Sceptile. He could just use quick attack and iron tail

phanpycross

God-king

If Sawyer can somehow force Ash into doing it like Paul did, I think it's the best way to add some tension to the final battle.

Epicocity

Except we know that Pikachu won't face Mega Sceptile since Sceptile doesn't Mega Evolve until Greninja's out...

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I would love it if Aegislash got taken by surprise by a Flamethrower from Noivern which is something that Sawyer would not expect. I would prefer Steel Wing for Noivern as it covers Ice, Rock and Fairy for Noivern but Talonflame has that. Plus Flamethrower is special attack which is generally the best kind of attack Noivern is good with.

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
I noticed something VERY interesting a moment ago. In the shot where Ash-Greninja is throwing the massive orange shuriken, you can momentarily see that he does so on a grass field. Since the 2nd battlefield for the Ash and Sawyer battle is confirmed to be rocky terrain, the mega orange shuriken is used against Alain.

Red and Blue

At least Sawyer was better handled then Trip in BW. Though I suppose it will be hard to top Paul

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
At least Sawyer was better handled then Trip in BW. Though I suppose it will be hard to top Paul

Well, I don't think it was hard to be handled better than Trip... They only ever showed two of his Pokemon and one of them was turned into a punching bag for every battle it was in.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
"When I was a child, I looked up to Champion Alder like a rabid fanboy... Years later, I became a jerk to that end."

Sawyer: "I was a rabid fanboy for Steven Stone, but then I fell in love with Ash Ketchum after he destroyed me in battle time and time again."

Man, they were almost the same character. They both have a method of remembering their journeys and also have huge crushes on great trainers. The only difference is that Sawyer isn't stuck up like Trip.

ShadowForce720

Well, I don't think it was hard to be handled better than Trip... They only ever showed two of his Pokemon and one of them was turned into a punching bag for every battle it was in.

I take it that you never watched all the episodes of BW or you just don't remember some of them because they showed all 6 of Trip's pokemon at one time or another and here is a breakdown of Trips pokemon that we saw him with:

Snivy-->Servine-->Serperior
Tranquill
Frillish(Male)
Lampent
Timburr-->Gurdurr-->Conkeldurr
Vanillite

Although once Trip Servine evolved into Serperior, we stopped seeing him use his other pokemon completely, which is a shame since it would have been nice to see a full battle between him and Ash, instead we got that ridiculous 1vs1 match.

Where as with Sawyer/Shota in most of his appearances even after his Grovyle evolved into Sceptile we still got to see his other pokemon.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
If Pikachu takes down Aegislash, then I wonder why the writers are so fixated on Pikachu killing it all the time, has that thing ever not been killed by the pika line?

ShadowForce720

If Pikachu takes down Aegislash, then I wonder why the writers are so fixated on Pikachu killing it all the time, has that thing ever not been killed by the pika line?

Yes actually when it was a Doublade it lost to Ash's Noivern, but other then that all of it's losts besides that one where to the Pika line.lol

gliscor&yanmega

Yes actually when it was a Doublade it lost to Ash's Noivern, but other then that all of it's losts besides that one where to the Pika line.lol

Interestingly, Pikachu also battled a Honedge in the first opening of XY, they clearly were foreshadowing this all since the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.