• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 28th: XY&Z035 - Fierce Rival Battle! Ash Greninja VS Mega Sceptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
good heavens I really hope greninja is saved for last honestly. It got enough spotlight already

Well it is the most popular pokemon of xy and arguably the most overall since lucario so it makes sense why they market it.

STICKTOPIA

Well it is the most popular pokemon of xy and arguably the most overall since lucario so it makes sense why they market it.
yes I understand that and I wouldn't be surprised if greninja does defeat 2 or more of his Pokemon. I'm just hoping by some miracle it's saved for last like he did in their last 3 on 3 battle.

diakyu

Sweet Jesus, that move at the end of the Greninja anime retrospective better be the big finisher on Mega Sceptile.

SoundVoltex

It hasn't. The recent summaries just mentions Alain as a threat to Ash, but it is never stated in full they will face each other.

I can say out loud Diantha is a threat to Ash for the Champion title but such thing never comes to fruition because I never said they would fight seriously.

Well, if this blurb is translated correctly...

His greatest rival, "Alan"! Just what is he fully capable of...!?
At this most important stage to battle at, what tactics will Ash use to seize victory...!?
The two have fought before as well, but Alan has won every time!!
A fierce onslaught of attacks with Mega Charizard X as the centerpiece!!
His other Pokémon are super powerful as well!!
It does mention him as a threat, but it also mentions what tactics will Ash use right after pondering what "Alain" is capable of. I mean it's not confirmed, you're correct, but it's heavily implying. If Ash isn't a finalist, these magazine releases trolled the hell out of all of us lol.

didn't Bonnie nickname it that I'm the wulfric rematch?

Yup... or she was just cheering both on as "Satoshi Gekkouga!!!"

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
good heavens I really hope greninja is saved for last honestly. It got enough spotlight already

Sadly, that will not be the case.

Ash vs. Altaria-dude.
- Altaria-dude sends out Altaria. Confirmed.
- Ash sends out Greninja. Confirmed.
- Ash orders Synchro Evolution. Confirmed.
- Ash-Greninja murders Altaria and the two remaining critters.

If anything can stop Ash-Greninja's sweep, then I doubt anything else on Ash's team would be able to take it out. Unless it's something like:

- Ash-Greninja vs. Altaria: A-Greninja
- Ash-Greninja vs. ?: A-Greninja
- Ash-Greninja vs. ?: Mega ?
- Hawlucha vs. Mega ?: Mega ?
- Noivern vs. Mega ?: Noivern

But in that case one needs to question Ash's tactic of blowing his A-Greninja early, when it should indeed be used as a pinch hitter.

So it looks like the brown attack Greninja is countering in the new music video (idk what to call it) is Frenzy Plant. Way to go Sawyer

From what I see, the OrangeShuriken isn't the counter to Frenzy Plant, those seem to be unrelated scenes. Here Ash-Greninja seems to lunge into a sort of Rapid Span-tactic, while in the OrangeShuriken he just creates it while standing.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Does anyone have the original japanese summaries for DP189 to see if the wording on that matches the wording for these 2 episodes or alian's summary blurb?

What specific wording are you referring to?

didn't Bonnie nickname it that I'm the wulfric rematch?

She named it that when they first arrived in the city, and has been using that name for the form ever since.

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
From what I see, the OrangeShuriken isn't the counter to Frenzy Plant, those seem to be unrelated scenes. Here Ash-Greninja seems to lunge into a sort of Rapid Span-tactic, while in the OrangeShuriken he just creates it while standing.

I meant in the same scene where you see the brownish attack, Greninja uses Cut and then spins, as you said. The Orange Shuriken happens on a grass battlefield, while Greninja vs Sceptile is shown to be on a rock battlefield. There is a possibility Orange Shuriken happens during the battle with Alain because we don't know what battlefield Ash battles Alain on.

dean1234

I meant in the same scene where you see the brownish attack, Greninja uses Cut and then spins, as you said. The Orange Shuriken happens on a grass battlefield, while Greninja vs Sceptile is shown to be on a rock battlefield. There is a possibility Orange Shuriken happens during the battle with Alain because we don't know what battlefield Ash battles Alain on.

are you seeing the dark energy surrounding ash-greninja
13528709_640942656081408_8104374967889050750_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.