• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 28th: XY&Z035 - Fierce Rival Battle! Ash Greninja VS Mega Sceptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManishB15

I don't really like to see Ash win like that though. Sure he has more experience but it doesn't mean Sawyer shouldn't give a great battle.

6-4 does not mean it will be a bad battle. There is a huge difference between Alan and Sawyer.

DracoMaster121

Strategy Trainer
Now I am curious to know who wins in a match up of Sawyer and Remo. I would like to say Sawyer, but then Remo is no push-over with that team oh his. If these two were to battle I wonder how close of a battle that would be...

I'd go with Sawyer, his team is better than Remo's overall and would be able to counter Remo well. Remo would be able to put up a good fight though.

Garchomp -> Sceptile
Bouffalant -> Slaking
Gurdurr -> Slurpuff/Clawitzer
Rhyperior -> Aegislash
Pelipper -> Salamence
Granbull -> Slurpuff/Clawitzer

shac

I would like for Ash to win with at least a couple surviving pokemon. I am hoping when Shota brings out Sceptile (his last), Ash withdraws whoever was on the field and brings out Greninja just so that Greninja can fight Sceptile.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Getting around Aegislash should be interesting, but I feel like the rest of the fight might be more like today's to save time for Narutoad :T

Epicocity

I'd go with Sawyer, his team is better than Remo's overall and would be able to counter Remo well. Remo would be able to put up a good fight though.

Garchomp -> Sceptile
Bouffalant -> Slaking
Gurdurr -> Slurpuff/Clawitzer
Rhyperior -> Aegislash
Pelipper -> Salamence
Granbull -> Slurpuff/Clawitzer

You know, that is genuinely tough. On the one hand, Remo has the power to take out probably most of Sawyer's team (and no rivalries to contend with either) but Sawyer is quite the tactician and would likely use Slurpuff to force any switches...Hmmm....I'd give the edge to Sawyer, high diff.

Epicocity

Well for me it would be bad because that would make Ash a bit too strong and he is no Arceus in my opinion.

My particular question to that is: how does losing with two Pokemon left suddenly make him some OP unbeatable Arceus? He did it to Crasher Wake in DP, 3-0ing him. He's done it to Sawyer twice in this series alone. Heck, even in all his gym battles except for Ramos and Wulfric, Ash would be leading with all of his Pokemon active against the Leader's ace. How is it so far out of the realm of possibility?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
My particular question to that is: how does losing with two Pokemon left suddenly make him some OP unbeatable Arceus? He did it to Crasher Wake in DP, 3-0ing him. He's done it to Sawyer twice in this series alone. Heck, even in all his gym battles except for Ramos and Wulfric, Ash would be leading with all of his Pokemon active against the Leader's ace. How is it so far out of the realm of possibility?

This is a 6 on 6 league battle. I expect both trainers to reduce the other to one pokemon left. Really don't want Ash to be shown more stronger than he already is in my opinion.

Epicocity

This is a 6 on 6 league battle. I expect both trainers to reduce the other to one pokemon left. Really don't want Ash to be shown more stronger than he already is in my opinion.

But that's what we're arguing: Ash is strong enough to finish this battle 6-4. It's not "stronger than he already is". His past track record battles against Sawyer show this, no matter how much Sawyer has prepared. take a look at his XY track record and it's pretty clear. If anything, you're overestimating Sawyer while underestimating Ash.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
But that's what we're arguing: Ash is strong enough to finish this battle 6-4. It's not "stronger than he already is". His past track record battles against Sawyer show this, no matter how much Sawyer has prepared. take a look at his XY track record and it's pretty clear. If anything, you're overestimating Sawyer while underestimating Ash.

I think it is the other way round. Ash is getting overstimated while others like Sawyer and Alain get underestimated. I do not believe Ash is strong enough to have 2 pokemon left after he wins. I can't be convinced unless the episode airs. I don't want to argue about this anymore. I have made up my mind.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I think it is the other way round. Ash is getting overstimated while others like Sawyer and Alain get underestimated. I do not believe Ash is strong enough to have 2 pokemon left after he wins. I can't be convinced unless the episode airs. I don't want to argue about this anymore. I have made up my mind.

And you think Sawyer is strong enough for the likes of Ash? Ash and Alain aren't overestimated, in fact, you underestimate Ash's experience because you're so amazed at Sawyer's tactics.

Epicocity

Really? Okay, this is going off facts from the previews alone, along with a dash of speculation.

1) Pikachu defeats Aegislash. This is confirmed. At the very least, he's called back and is not KO'd by Aegislash.
2) Noivern faces Salamence after Pikachu is recalled.
3) Goodra faces Slurpuff.
4) Greninja comes out when Sceptile is already on the field.
5) I, personally, find it highly unlikely for there to be 2 fall guys, especially when one of the Pokemon remaining is one Sawyer has no idea even exists.
6) Ash knows he'll need Ash-Greninja to face Mega Sceptile. He may try with Goodra at first, but after that fails, he'll likely switch out for Greninja to avoid Lightning Rod.
7) Greninja will very likely defeat Mega Sceptile, Sawyer's last Pokemon.

Therefore, unless Pikachu gets put back in the battle, which is unlikely given he's fought 2 battles by that point, Ash can very easily win 6-4. And yes, these are mostly facts (4/7, at least...5/7 really, since Ash would faint if Greninja loses and would likely cost him the match).

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I can't buy the idea of Ash winning 6-4 sorry. Sawyer has the pokemon and power to reduce Ash to one pokemon especially with Mega Sceptile. But this is my opinion and you can believe what you want regardless of what I think.

Epicocity

I can't buy the idea of Ash winning 6-4 sorry. Sawyer has the pokemon and power to reduce Ash to one pokemon especially with Mega Sceptile. But this is my opinion and you can believe what you want regardless of what I think.

He might have the power to...but not if he never subs Pikachu back in. Sceptile isn't going Mega until Greninja hits the field, which is proven in the preview, so that part of your argument is null. Further, maybe Sceptile could take out Noivern and Goodra. But say that he does...and then Ash sends Greninja out. Greninja's winning. Oh my, Pikachu never went back in? 6-4.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite

How is that so? I mean, Sawyer only has Aegislash, Salamence, Slurpuff and Sceptile left. All of them were slayed by Ash before. And as far as I remember, Pikachu and Goodra were never slayed by Sawyer before. I would love to hear some logical explanations from you.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
He might have the power to...but not if he never subs Pikachu back in. Sceptile isn't going Mega until Greninja hits the field, which is proven in the preview, so that part of your argument is null. Further, maybe Sceptile could take out Noivern and Goodra. But say that he does...and then Ash sends Greninja out. Greninja's winning. Oh my, Pikachu never went back in? 6-4.

Who said Pikachu is going to be withdrawn and be left out for the rest of the battle? That is just an assumption. Ash could use Pikachu again. 6-4 is not a good way to win the semi-finals in my opinion.

andrewscott48209

I think there's a chance Ash might win 6-3. Now here me out. Right now Ash and Sawyer are tied 2-2 with Pikachu and Aegislash. It is believed Pikachu wins and is recalled, and the battlefield is changed to a rocky field. Noivern goes against Salamence. If Noivern wins it will be 4-2 for Ash. Then we can assume Slurpuff enters the field and knocks Noivern out, making it 4-3 for Ash. Then Ash sends out Goodra and with a combination of ice beam and bide, Goodra wins making it 5-3 for Ash. Sawyer sends out Sceptile and Ash recalls Goodra, and sends out Greninja. Both change forms and Greninja wins making it a 6-3 win for Ash.

Last edited:

Epicocity

Who said Pikachu is going to be withdrawn and be left out for the rest of the battle? That is just an assumption. Ash could use Pikachu again. 6-4 is not a good way to win the semi-finals in my opinion.

Pikachu will be withdrawn. This isn't an assumption. The going back in part, I have no idea, but considering the matchups we know, it doesn't seem likely at this time.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think there's a chance Ash might win 6-3. Now here me out. Right now Ash and Sawyer are tied 2-2 with Pikachu and Aegislash. It is believed Pikachu wins and is recalled, and the battlefield is changed to a rocky field. Noivern goes against Salamence. If blue Noivern wins it will be 4-2 for Ash. Then we can assume Slurpuff enters the field and knocks Noivern out, making it 4-3 for Ash. Then Ash seems out Goodra and with a combination of ice beam and bide, Goodra wins making it 5-3 for Ash. Sawyer sends out Sceptile and Ash recalls Goodra, and sends out Greninja. Both change forms and Greninja wins making it a 6-3 win for Ash.

That is even worse than 6-4 win in my opinion. Ash is just a decent trainer who is likely ending the match at 6-5. Ash is getting way overestimated these days.

Pikachu will be withdrawn. This isn't an assumption. The going back in part, I have no idea, but considering the matchups we know, it doesn't seem likely at this time.

How do you know? Pikachu might lose for all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.