• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 28th: XY&Z035 - Fierce Rival Battle! Ash Greninja VS Mega Sceptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrizza88

Meteorite
maybe Ash can send out Pikachu against Slurpuff and have Pikachu use there since poor Slurpuff has won zero battles since its debut. I guess the same can be said for Salamence though lol.

Honestly, I wish those two had wins instead of Clawritzer (which already has two wins against Ash) and Slaking. We saw Slaking with an on-screen win already. They could have had Hawlucha recalled and Talonflame recalled from Clawritzer and just have them lose to Salamence and Slurpuff.

... at the same time, I'm sure nobody cares though lol.

redBadger22

That is even worse than 6-4 win in my opinion. Ash is just a decent trainer who is likely ending the match at 6-5. Ash is getting way overestimated these days.

How do you know? Pikachu might lose for all we know.

If you bothered to watch the preview or actually read the thread you would know that the scoreboard shows pikachu in color signifying him beating Aegislash and recalling pikachu for the next battle.

ShadowForce720

That is even worse than 6-4 win in my opinion. Ash is just a decent trainer who is likely ending the match at 6-5. Ash is getting way overestimated these days.

2 things, first if you look at the pokefan scans and you look closely at the picture of the happy Pikachu you will notice Aegislash is greyed out on the score board meaning that it lost to Pikachu and 2nd if you watch the preview for this episode during the Noivern vs Salamence part of the preview it shows the score board and shows that Pikachu is still lit up even though it isn't currently on the battlefield mean that it's still active and Ash recalled it.

Epicocity

2 things, first if you look at the pokefan scans and you look closely at the picture of the happy Pikachu you will notice Aegislash is greyed out on the score board meaning that it lost to Pikachu and 2nd if you watch the preview for this episode during the Noivern vs Salamence part of the preview it shows the score board and shows that Pikachu is still lit up even though it isn't currently on the battlefield mean that it's still active and Ash recalled it.

Does anyone have a link to a still shot of this? Because I get the feeling that otherwise he'll claim it's impossible to tell in the preview.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
i like that Sawyer has a diverse team. No two or more of the same type (except for Sceptile and Salamence when Sceptile Mega Evolves)

andrewscott48209

I was saying there was a chance. It might not happen. I could have made it worse for Sawyer and said that Ash recalls Noivern, ultimately making it a 6-2 victory for Ash.

Epicocity

I was saying there was a chance. It might not happen. I could have made it worse for Sawyer and said that Ash recalls Noivern, ultimately making it a 6-2 victory for Ash.

That would be almost hilarious to see, if just to parallel Alain but still give all of Ash's team a win (except for Hawlucha, who got shafted).

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Yeah, Sawyer's team is very powerful and decent in my opinion. Salamence are even more powerful since they are pseudo. Of course Ash has defeat pseudos before like Pikachu defeat Dragonite in Orange Islands.

Epicocity

Should have recalled Talonflame quite frankly, all it did was eat an aqua jet.

Did quite a bit more than that: Brave Bird, Hammer Arm, 2 (?) Aqua Jets and an Ice Beam. Really don't know where this OHKO stuff is coming from.

andrewscott48209 said:
Did anyone catch the scoreboard when Sceptile and Greninja were out?

I can slow it down on YouTube and try to take a look. Get back to you in a moment.

DracoMaster121

Strategy Trainer
Did quite a bit more than that: Brave Bird, Hammer Arm, 2 (?) Aqua Jets and an Ice Beam. Really don't know where this OHKO stuff is coming from.

I mean after taking down Slaking, did a bit of a victory flight which was nice to see but then should have been recalled as soon as Clawitzer came out.

Epicocity

I mean after taking down Slaking, did a bit of a victory flight which was nice to see but then should have been recalled as soon as Clawitzer came out.

Honestly, if we switched at every single type disadvantage, the battle would never end. Trainers usually only switch when nothing is clearly working at all, i.e. Pikachu not being able to really harm Aggron, or Staraptor switching out against Gastrodon because it couldn't get close. Type disadvantage rarely warrants a switch in the anime.

Also, took a look, we have no shot of the scoreboard during Greninja vs. Sceptile. Hopefully the Pokenchi preview will elucidate more in two days.

Epicocity

Ask I see is Sceptile and one of Sawyer's greyed out Pokemon (probably Slurpuff).

Yeah, that one only proves that Sceptile is out last amongst the whole group. Nothing much else. All we do know is that Pikachu beats Aegislash for certain. Everything else is slightly more up in the air, but that immediately gives Ash a distinct advantage, especially since he's switching out for Noivern.

andrewscott48209

That would be almost hilarious to see, if just to parallel Alain but still give all of Ash's team a win (except for Hawlucha, who got shafted).

I can understand why Hawlucha lost. It used flying press on Slaking, who pulled a Wobuffet on it and use counter on it.doubling the damage and knocking it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.