• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 28th: XY&Z035 - Fierce Rival Battle! Ash Greninja VS Mega Sceptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Against whom? Sure he isn't. But if that's the only reason, then you think Sawyer is as good as Alain?

No, Alain is better than Sawyer in my opinion. However, that doesn't make Sawyer weak and he shouldn't have to lose so horribly. There is Slurpuff, Salamence or Sceptile.

ShadowForce720

No, Alain is better than Sawyer in my opinion. However, that doesn't make Sawyer weak and he shouldn't have to lose so horribly. There is Slurpuff, Salamence or Sceptile.

Realistically I can't see Ash were sending out Pikachu against Salamence or Sceptile, so that really only leaves Slurpuff and even then I'm not sure if he would really send Pikachu out against Slurpuff.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite

Sawyer losing 6-2/3/4 against a more superior trainer isn't horrible for a rookie trainer for his first league finishing in Top 4. Sawyer isn't near the level of Ash in terms of overall aspects to lose 6-5. See how Alain swept up to the semis? And then all of a sudden he will be in a very close match against a trainer who had difficulty winning against a rookie?

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Alexander, no offense, but shouldn't you for once at least back down? You also thought that Ash'll use reserves or that he'll get defeated by Sawyer. There is no reason why Ash should use Pikachu again after having withdrawn it, especially against M-Sceptile. He maybe isn't the best tactician out there, yet he's far from being a complete idiot, especially in XY

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I don't remember Pokemon defending the Unova League this much back then... XY's writing has been far from flawless and quite frankly, this still isn't the same Ash from Gens. 1-4. I can understand Gen 5 drained us, but come on, Ash hasn't exactly been put to the test much this time around, bar the last Gym for a Change

nameman

I don't remember Pokemon defending the Unova League this much back then... XY's writing has been far from flawless and quite frankly, this still isn't the same Ash from Gens. 1-4. I can understand Gen 5 drained us, but come on, Ash hasn't exactly been put to the test much this time around, bar the last Gym for a Change

The Unova League was undeniably bad for almost the entire thing. The Kalos League hasn't been anywhere near close to Unova in the majority view. And I disagree with you on Ash. People have said that Kalos would be what should have followed Sinnoh. That's not something you say if Ash is nothing like how he was before Unova.

Janovy

Banned
The Unova League was undeniably bad for almost the entire thing. The Kalos League hasn't been anywhere near close to Unova in the majority view. And I disagree with you on Ash. People have said that Kalos would be what should have followed Sinnoh. That's not something you say if Ash is nothing like how he was before Unova.
Hey at least BW Ash had the brains to switch out Pokemon in Unova League which is more than what can be said for XY Ash.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Do you think Goodra will win, lose, or tie against Slurpuff?

If Slurpuff is Sawyer's second to last Pokemon remaining, with Goodra, Pikachu, and Greninja still available on Ash's side, then that means either Sceptile defeats Pikachu and Goodra or Ash beats Sawyer with still 3 Pokemon standing.

I don't know, because while Slurpuff could put up a tough fight with its two Fairy-type moves, Goodra could just take those attacks and counter attack with Bide. Also, Goodra could freeze Slurpuff with Ice Beam and Slurpuff could infatuate Goodra with Attract. I don't want to see Slurpuff lose without defeating one of its opponents, but I might kind of be happy if it loses to Goodra, as long as it puts a good fight.

nameman

Hey at least BW Ash had the brains to switch out Pokemon in Unova League which is more than what can be said for XY Ash.

He's switching out Pikachu after he beats Aegislash. The possibility of a 6-4 is there.

Megatron213

My prediction for the second half of sawyer vs ash is.

Pikachu vs aeigslash (pikachu) pikachu gets recalled.
Noviern vs Salamance close battle but Salamances power wins it (Salamance)
Goodra vs Salamance (Goodra) gets it with a ice beam as it comes close for an attack
Goodra vs slurpuff (draw) Goodra uses bide slurpuff gets dazzling gleam in and both faint with that the stage is set.
Ash greninja vs Mega Sceptile (ash-greninja) after a hard fought battle greninja fires a water shuriken sceptile breaks it and as the dust goes away greninja is already standing in front of sceptile and finishes it with a powerful aerial ace. Ash wins with both greninja and pikachu still active.

That's just my prediction I wonder how close or far way from the actual result I will be.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
At this rate, I think 6-4 makes sense and is the right balance. Pikachu will already have defeated Clawitzer and Aegislash and from the scans and preview, he looks battered. I just don't see Ash essentially putting Pikachu back out there as a sacrifice. 6-3 could also happen if Ash is really on his game. 6-2 is a bit overkill considering Shota is by far number 3 in the tournament (but still a level behind Ash and Alain). Here's my prediction:

Pikachu v. Aegislash: Pikachu wins and is switched out.
Noivern v. Salamance: Noivern. He gets his win
Noivern v. Slurpuff: Slurpuff
Goodra v. Slurpuff: Goodra
Goodra v. Sceptile: Sceptile, but Goodra deals good damage
Greninja v. Sceptile: Greninja
Ash wins 6-4

DracoMaster121

Strategy Trainer
My prediction for the second half of sawyer vs ash is.

Pikachu vs aeigslash (pikachu) pikachu gets recalled.
Noviern vs Salamance close battle but Salamances power wins it (Salamance)
Goodra vs Salamance (Goodra) gets it with a ice beam as it comes close for an attack
Goodra vs slurpuff (draw) Goodra uses bide slurpuff gets dazzling gleam in and both faint with that the stage is set.
Ash greninja vs Mega Sceptile (ash-greninja) after a hard fought battle greninja fires a water shuriken sceptile breaks it and as the dust goes away greninja is already standing in front of sceptile and finishes it with a powerful aerial ace. Ash wins with both greninja and pikachu still active.

That's just my prediction I wonder how close or far way from the actual result I will be.

I could definitely see this happening but really hope Noivern beats Salamence before going down to Slurpuff.

Megatron213

I could definitely see this happening but really hope Noivern beats Salamence before going down to Slurpuff.

I must admit the Pokemon fan in me would love to see noivern defeating Salamance as well the only reason I didn't have noivern defeating Salamance is because I think that noiverns shinning moment is going to be in the Alain battle. It's quite interesting that noivern could very well be battling two puesdo legendaries in a row I hope he does go well.

sheld999

i wonder what ash will do with pikachu in order to break angleshia technique

pokefandt

i wonder what ash will do with pikachu in order to break angleshia technique

It might have something to do with the scene we're being shown in the preview where Pikachu is jumping around all the pieces of wood from the trees that Aegislash cut down.

Also for Mega-Sceptile vs Greninja, I like how they remake that charge between the two like they did way back in their second battle. Like the call back, after everything else it all comes down to this.

Epicocity

I can understand why Hawlucha lost. It used flying press on Slaking, who pulled a Wobuffet on it and use counter on it.doubling the damage and knocking it out.

Oh, I wasn't hating on it. It was a smart move. I just hate it any time Hawlucha loses without a win in a battle.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It might have something to do with the scene we're being shown in the preview where Pikachu is jumping around all the pieces of wood from the trees that Aegislash cut down.

Also for Mega-Sceptile vs Greninja, I like how they remake that charge between the two like they did way back in their second battle. Like the call back, after everything else it all comes down to this.

im very curious to see what makes the trees and all the debris float around them like that, maybe it'll be a new move used by Angislash??

Illusio

No words, only rage
All right, let's just agree that both Noivern and Salamence have no good pool of battles on screen (but obviously battle off it in both cases) and that we can't properly determine the winner until next Thursday.

The only thing I will disagree with is Sawyer having comparable aerial experience. Ash's three flyers (fine, 2 1/2) contest that.

Alright, agree to disagree then until later.

In the preview, Goodra is shown using Bide. I guess that Ash lost his mind during the match and will command that move against Salamance instead of spamming Ice Beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.