• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 28th: XY&Z035 - Fierce Rival Battle! Ash Greninja VS Mega Sceptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I hate bide so much, Sawyer can literally decide to stop attacking and there goes Ash's entire strategy

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
Now that I have seen the preview, it looks like Noivern is going to be the fall guy here? Pikachu seems to have defeated Aegislash before being recalled against Salamence, and Noivern will have to do an aerial battle with it. Noivern will have to lose in order for Goodra to enter and defeat Salamence. Not sure what happens from there, but it makes me sad that Noivern is going to lose.

Epicocity

Now that I have seen the preview, it looks like Noivern is going to be the fall guy here? Pikachu seems to have defeated Aegislash before being recalled against Salamence, and Noivern will have to do an aerial battle with it. Noivern will have to lose in order for Goodra to enter and defeat Salamence. Not sure what happens from there, but it makes me sad that Noivern is going to lose.

Not to start it up again, but that's assuming that Goodra will defeat Salamence. There's been nothing showing that they'll even face off, so it's far too up in the air for now.

dean1234

Pikachu v. Aegislash: Pikachu wins and is switched out.
Noivern v. Salamance: Salamance
Goodra v. Salamance: Goodra
Goodra v. Slurpuff: Goodra. Goodra is switched out.
Greninja v. Sceptile: Greninja
Ash wins.

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
Not to start it up again, but that's assuming that Goodra will defeat Salamence. There's been nothing showing that they'll even face off, so it's far too up in the air for now.

Honestly, it would make me very happy for Noivern to win against Salamence. I think winning against Clawitzer-Aegislash-Salamence in a row is a bit unbalanced (just personally), though. I'm trying to think of this possibility, but if Noivern did win:

1. Slurpuff will come in to beat Noivern.
2. Goodra will come in to beat Slurpuff.
3. Sceptile will come in to beat Goodra.
4. Pikachu will come in, but Sceptile will have to beat it.
5. Mega Sceptile vs Ash-Greninja, with really obvious advantage to the latter because of the battle flow.

I don't think the writers would really go that route? I dunno, that's just me looking at one possibility. Or probably just my personal feel of how the battle should flow.

Edit: Nvm Pikachu could just sit during the entire thing and leave a 6-2 results. Okay, my hopes are up for a Noivern win!

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I am fine with Hawlucha being the fall guy in the match and Pikachu taking 2 wins as Ash has basically led with Hawlucha in every Sawyer match that wasn't a Sceptile only match.

Pikachu takes down Aegislash. Pikachu gets recalled.
Noivern vs Salamence. Noivern wins.
Noivern vs Slurpuff. Slurpuff wins by countering an Acrobatics with Dazzling Gleam.
Pikachu vs Slurpuff. Pikachu attempts to KO it with Iron Tail but gets Attracted and loses.
Goodra vs Slurpuff. Goodra beats Slurpuff with Bide.
Goodra vs Sceptile. Goodra gets beaten fairly easily with Dragon Claw.
Ash-Greninja vs Mega-Sceptile. Greninja wins.

Although I could see Pikachu being in reserve and Ash winning 6-4 as well.

RedR

At this rate, I think 6-4 makes sense and is the right balance. Pikachu will already have defeated Clawitzer and Aegislash and from the scans and preview, he looks battered. I just don't see Ash essentially putting Pikachu back out there as a sacrifice. 6-3 could also happen if Ash is really on his game. 6-2 is a bit overkill considering Shota is by far number 3 in the tournament (but still a level behind Ash and Alain). Here's my prediction:

Pikachu v. Aegislash: Pikachu wins and is switched out.
Noivern v. Salamance: Noivern. He gets his win
Noivern v. Slurpuff: Slurpuff
Goodra v. Slurpuff: Goodra
Goodra v. Sceptile: Sceptile, but Goodra deals good damage
Greninja v. Sceptile: Greninja
Ash wins 6-4

I agree it shouldn't be down the the last pokemon, cause we need to see Ash slightly stronger than Sawyer... unless they are equals?

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I am fine with Hawlucha being the fall guy in the match and Pikachu taking 2 wins as Ash has basically led with Hawlucha in every Sawyer match that wasn't a Sceptile only match.

Pikachu takes down Aegislash. Pikachu gets recalled.
Noivern vs Salamence. Noivern wins.
Noivern vs Slurpuff. Slurpuff wins by countering an Acrobatics with Dazzling Gleam.
Pikachu vs Slurpuff. Pikachu attempts to KO it with Iron Tail but gets Attracted and loses.
Goodra vs Slurpuff. Goodra beats Slurpuff with Bide.
Goodra vs Sceptile. Goodra gets beaten fairly easily with Dragon Claw.
Ash-Greninja vs Mega-Sceptile. Greninja wins.

Although I could see Pikachu being in reserve and Ash winning 6-4 as well.

Personally I don't think Sawyer's Sceptile is that much stronger than Goodra if at all.
I think that it's just stronger when it mega evolves (and probably could take Goodra since it's a speedy mon with more power than say helioptile, but it'd be a tough match)
So I think Goodra definitely gets recalled when Sceptile comes out and Greninja will be sent out for a fresh start.
No way Ash would be like "Goodra wear out Greninja's rival for him so that it's easier for him when he gets sent out"

Red and Blue

Personally I don't think Sawyer's Sceptile is that much stronger than Goodra if at all.
I think that it's just stronger when it mega evolves (and probably could take Goodra since it's a speedy mon with more power than say helioptile, but it'd be a tough match)
So I think Goodra definitely gets recalled when Sceptile comes out and Greninja will be sent out for a fresh start.
No way Ash would be like "Goodra wear out Greninja's rival for him so that it's easier for him when he gets sent out"

Why not? Ash's infernape had a rivalry with Paul's electrivire and he still used Gliscor and Pikachu first before sending out Infernape in the Sinnoh League

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Mega Sceptile would overpower Goodra easily. Goodra has no experience against mega evolved pokemon.

and what about non mega sceptile against goodra?

Why not? Ash's infernape had a rivalry with Paul's electrivire and he still used Gliscor and Pikachu first before sending out Infernape in the Sinnoh League

tbf the rivalry started with pikachu first, and then evolved into being a rivalry with infernape.
i don't think it's as strong of a rivalry as it's been shown for Ash-Greninja vs Mega Sceptile.

I also don't see Ash thinking "maybe Goodra can beat this mega evolved pokemon that my Ash-Greninja has trouble with" either. it just seems logical to me, but will be totally pleased if he does decide to try it out.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Don't think Sawyer would use normal Sceptile on Goodra. Probably wouldn't want to take any chances since he hasn't seen Goodra before.

If that's the case then it should have stayed in the swamp.

im speaking hypothetically if they did face up,
otherwise yeah Sawyer would be shown to be resetted if he forgets to mega evolve sceptile if it fights against goodra lol. but either way we know it wont since it won't mega evolve until it fights ash-greninja unless it un mega evolves only to mega evolve again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.