• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 28th: XY&Z035 - Fierce Rival Battle! Ash Greninja VS Mega Sceptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewscott48209

Honestly, I'm not even entirely sure that Tierno was ever meant to be taken seriously as a rival. He had all of one appearance (the summer camp) before Sawyer was introduced battling Clemont and the only thing he beat Ash in was a game of tag. Had it been more than a mock battle, Ash would have found a way to counter his dancing strategy and won with Froakie. After that, Tierno consistently lost. So...I don't think it was Tierno's fault. I think they're just trying to show Sawyer as this intelligent prodigy; the opposite of Ash, ironically.

But Ash is no slouch in the Kalos region. He's able to think outside the box, and I believe that will be Sawyer's downfall in the end. He has yet to adapt to Ash's battle style in real time.

Also, I believe that if Ash uses his other Pokemon against Sceptile, it may be top gain a sense of Sceptile's battle style. He has done that with his gym battles against Korina, Clermont, and Grant.

Last edited:

Epicocity

But Ash is no slouch in the Kalos region. He's able to think outside the box, and I believe that will bee Sawyer's downfall in the end. He has yet to adapt to Ash's battle style in real time.

Also, I believe that if Ash uses his other Pokemon against Sceptile, it may be top gain a sense of Sceptile's battle style. He has done that with his gym battles against Korina, Clermont, and Grant.

I don't know. Knocking down the trees is pretty adapting, but he had to sacrifice a Pokemon to do it. If, say, Goodra is the one to defeat Slurpuff and Pikachu fights Sceptile, I could see the reasoning being, "if Greninja faints, I faint, so let's do some damage with Pikachu". This is assuming Pikachu is the last to fall.

andrewscott48209

I don't know. Knocking down the trees is pretty adapting, but he had to sacrifice a Pokemon to do it. If, say, Goodra is the one to defeat Slurpuff and Pikachu fights Sceptile, I could see the reasoning being, "if Greninja faints, I faint, so let's do some damage with Pikachu". This is assuming Pikachu is the last to fall.

Maybe, but it toe him a while to do so, and I don't think that would be enough, because it is said that Ash would get an idea on how to take Aegislash out.

Last edited:

Epicocity

Maybe, but it toe him a while to do so, and I don't think that would be enough, because it is said that Ash would get an idea to how take Aegislash out.

Well, I'm saying that he is adapting, just not as fast as he should. Ash can adapt to the battle faster. Pikachu showed that by nailing an Electro Ball before Water Pulse.

andrewscott48209

Well, I'm saying that he is adapting, just not as fast as he should. Ash can adapt to the battle faster. Pikachu showed that by nailing an Electro Ball before Water Pulse.

True,. Also, don't forget that Ash and Greninja has perfected the synchro evolution/or whatever they call it, so I don't think Ash would be thinking that if Greninja faints, Ash would to.

Amine

Slaking withstanding super effective hawlucha's attacks didn't make sense for me, slaking should have lost. Also Ash should have switched talonflame vs Clawitzer.

Pikachu vs Clawitzer was the only good duel.

With this I change mind concerning Ash winning the league. Alain sweeping 6 a full team using only Metagross and Charizard wouldn't lose to someone who struggled to win agains't a rookie.

The irony is that Ash call this team his ultimate team. In what ultimate team would a fighting pokemon lose to a normal pokemon. The writers really have no concern for fans. Replace Hawlucha with infernape and talonflame Charizard (at least) and we can have something closer to Ash's ultimate team. I only hope that Goodra's and Noivern's battles are good.

ugotmybeef

my guess at what happens.

Pikachu vs. Aegislash (Pikachu wins and gets recalled)
- Noivern vs. Salamence (they take each other out)
- Goodra vs. Slurpuff (Goodra wins but takes alot of damage from fairy attacks)
- Goodra vs Sceptile (Goodra can't keep up with Sceptile's speed (had issues with helioptile before) and loses)
-Pikachu vs Sceptile (Pikachu loses)
- Sceptile vs Greninja (Greninja wins duh)

my guess at what happens.

Pikachu vs. Aegislash (Pikachu wins and gets recalled)
- Noivern vs. Salamence (they take each other out)
- Goodra vs. Slurpuff (Goodra wins but takes alot of damage from fairy attacks)
- Goodra vs Sceptile (Goodra can't keep up with Sceptile's speed (had issues with helioptile before) and loses)
-Pikachu vs Sceptile (Pikachu loses)
- Sceptile vs Greninja (Greninja wins duh)
I am surprisingly fine with this scenario. I still find the possibility of Ash sending out Pikachu against Sceptile completely stupid. I would rather like to see him notice how tired Pikachu is and voluntarily retire him from the rest of the match right after Goodra is defeated.

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
As much as I would love to see Noivern take down Salamence, I honestly don't think it will. There's no way they're gonna show off a pseudo legendary pokemon like that and NOT let it get a win.

Rohanator

I understand that they're trying to make him out to be some prodigy trainer who can overcome strength with using planned out strategies. Which they haven't even shown yet in this battle so I'm hoping we get more than just attack after attack!

Man, this episode better have better thinking from Ash and Sawyer.
Do you even know any of this episode's dialogue? There IS thought behind the way Shota beat Hawlucha and Talonflame. A lazy unmoving opponent like Slaking is basically a psychological counter to Hawlucha who's battle style involves taking the opponents hits head on and showing off. And Talonflame, who specializes in speed, became beatable due to the slight delay in its movements caused by Ice Beam. You're free to think this tactics are still bad but Shota did explain the thought process behind his battling, so it's not just attack after attack.

Pikachu is going to cause a turning point for Ash, as thus far the battle has progressed exactly as Shota planned.

diakyu

Pikachu is going to cause a turning point for Ash, as thus far the battle has progressed exactly as Shota planned.
Can't wait for Sawyer to crap himself when he sees Goodra.

jrizza88

Meteorite
I am surprisingly fine with this scenario. I still find the possibility of Ash sending out Pikachu against Sceptile completely stupid. I would rather like to see him notice how tired Pikachu is and voluntarily retire him from the rest of the match right after Goodra is defeated.

That's really dumb. There is nobody who would ever do that. He will obviously battle Sceptile like how he battled Electrivire. If Ash is lucky, Pikachu can get in a quick attack or iron tail.

That's really dumb. There is nobody who would ever do that. He will obviously battle Sceptile like how he battled Electrivire. If Ash is lucky, Pikachu can get in a quick attack or iron tail.
If he's really going to send out Pikachu in order to inflict cheap damage, he doesn't fully trusts his godly frog for finishing off the job. Even though the entire Greninja arc was about trusting each other.

I really want to see this episode just so I can see a proper reason for Ash to just throw his mouse as a free kill for Sceptile.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
just because it's fully evolved doesn't immediantly mean it's going to be strong. Heck look at Torterra.

Not to mention given how reliant Alain is on his Charizard it could be rusty.

Torterra faced Bertha of the E4, did well enough.
Torterra faced Volkner's Electivire, got hit with a x4 surprise Ice Punch, in order to give more wins to Infernape.
Torterra faced Paul's Drapion, had to lose so Gliscor could get a win.

Honestly, Torterra is criminally underrated when looking at the opponents and plotforced losses he had to deal with.

Yes, but they also made it a point to show just how fast he grows in strength thanks to his rushed development. (How did he travel so fast around Kalos to collect I think 5 badges by XYZ 1 when he didn't have any in his previos appearance?)

So, I'm disappointed that this isn't a 6-4, but I understand that they're trying to make him out to be some prodigy trainer who can overcome strength with using planned out strategies. Which they haven't even shown yet in this battle so I'm hoping we get more than just attack after attack!

Man, this episode better have better thinking from Ash and Sawyer.

Clawitzer vs. Hawlucha: Counterstrategy 101 and Medicstrategy 101
Mega Sceptile vs. Raichu: Strategy 101
Slaking vs. Hawlucha: Counterstrategy 101

Heck, the kid uses moves like Attract and King's Shield and your saying that we don't see him be strategic enough? The battle is just getting started so don't worry so much.

Alain meanwhile has been relying on his mega charizard to get through battles, with the exception of Metagross (Who lost when used) we don't know how strong his other guys are, they could all be rusty due to Alain relying on Charizard so much.

I think it's a hard sell to say "Metagross lost when used". Charizard hadn't Mega evolved before facing Mega Garchomp, so it's a good assumption that Metagross went to town first.

But Ash is no slouch in the Kalos region. He's able to think outside the box, and I believe that will be Sawyer's downfall in the end. He has yet to adapt to Ash's battle style in real time.

Ash s no slouch, yet this is the region that saw him lose two gym battles. The level is inconsistent at best.

Can't wait for Sawyer to crap himself when he sees Goodra.

League is filled to the brim with Mega Evolutions and Pseudo Legendaries (Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, Hydreigon, Goodra), so I honestly doubt it would shock him that much. Of course there will be some acknowledgment, but no fright or terror..

andrewscott48209

If he's really going to send out Pikachu in order to inflict cheap damage, he doesn't fully trusts his godly frog for finishing off the job. Even though the entire Greninja arc was about trusting each other.

I really want to see this episode just so I can see a proper reason for Ash to just throw his mouse as a free kill for Sceptile.

I think he's doing it for the same reason he used Hawlucha and Fletchender against mega Lucario.

That'll be interesting to see if Shota has really learned anything from Ash. Did he really evolve as a trainer or will this final loss against Ash allow him to grow?

Blazerz

One thing doesn't really make sense to me. Which is Pikachu's role for the rest of the battle. We know he goes down after Noivern. I really don't think Pikachu is going to be the last one before AG because well.. it's against Sceptile. We also know Sceptile mega evolves against Greninja. There is no reason for Sawyer to keep the ME if he goes against Pikachu since he basically halves the number of moves Pikachu can use ( only quick attack and iron tail ). So maybe something like this will happen:

Pikachu vs Aegislash (Pikachu, gets recalled)
Noivern vs Salamence (Salamence, poor Noivern ;()
Pikachu vs Salamence (Salamence, Pikachu is exhausted and mence goes big for Leprechaun)
Goodra vs Salamence (Goodra, since Sawyer doesn't really know what it does)
Goodra vs Slurpuff (tie)
AG vs Mega Sceptile (AG)

Or the other scenario where Noivern isn't a fall guy aswell.

Pikachu vs Aegislash (Pikachu gets recalled)
Noivern vs Aegislash (Noivern)
Noivern vs Salamence (Salamence)
Goodra vs Salamence (Goodra)
Goodra vs Slurpuff (Slurpuff)
Pikachu vs Slurpuff (Pikachu, but he goes down due to exhaustion after he knocks out Slurpuff)
AG vs Mega Sceptile (AG)

Both scenarios leave Greninja and Sceptile start off fresh. Pikachu basically battles half of Sawyer's team lol. Personaly i hate both scenarios since it ends 1-0.. i wish AG destroys this Sceptile..

Illusio

No words, only rage
I think he's doing it for the same reason he used Hawlucha and Fletchender against mega Lucario.

Both Hawlucha and Flechinder, despite not being Megas, had a type advantage on Lucario. Both were honestly his best options from a type perspective and they only failed because they couldn't match his power, so Pikachu had to go in after them since he's Ash's strongest.

Pikachu doesn't have anything of the sort with Mega Sceptile as two of its attacks are neutralized. He only matches maybe in strength, and after fighting two Pokemon he's definitely not going to be in the peak condition he was for Lucario. So strategically, it's not a good option at all to throw Pikachu in there, it would be better to lead with Ash Greninja if he's not taking down Slurpuff first.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Anyone think that Noivern would have Flamethrower if it battles Aegislash? It be a good way to take his opponent off guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.