• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 29th: PM2019 119 - Koharu and Eievui and the EV-io-lite Primer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I didn't bother watching that ep, what's this about Yamper being the Park's protector? Isn't that Golurk's job?

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I would love to see Wanpachi evolve into Pulsewan and join her team but the problem with that is Wanpachi is the protector of Sakuragi Park and less a pet now.
The whole park patrol thing is such a forced conclusion to Yamper's story.

After being built up as the Pokemon closest to Chloe, and the Pokemon that loves Chloe the most out of the family members and only accepts food from her, and the Pokemon with whom Chloe battled twice, Yamper's story doesn't end with joining Chloe as her official Pokemon, but with Yamper somehow playing an integral role in the park?

That is the most random plot development imaginable.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I didn't bother watching that ep, what's this about Yamper being the Park's protector? Isn't that Golurk's job?
Wanpachi is what Fushingidane is to Sakuragi Park, essentially keeping drama and discourse down and watching over the Pokémon.

The whole park patrol thing is such a forced conclusion to Yamper's story.

After being built up as the Pokemon closest to Chloe, and the Pokemon that loves Chloe the most out of the family members and only accepts food from her, and the Pokemon with whom Chloe battled twice, Yamper's story doesn't end with joining Chloe as her official Pokemon, but with Yamper somehow playing an integral role in the park?

That is the most random plot development imaginable.
I do wonder if this was planned beforehand given Wanpachi should technically be jealous of Eevee more than the bird. They made a point of that and we do know certain things like Project Mew and potential Shigeru battles were ideas that did and did not come to pass. I figured the park thing was probably the corgi’s last hurrah though :/ but I could see them debuting his evolution through Koharu.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I do wonder if this was planned beforehand given Wanpachi should technically be jealous of Eevee more than the bird. They made a point of that and we do know certain things like Project Mew and potential Shigeru battles were ideas that did and did not come to pass. I figured the park thing was probably the corgi’s last hurrah though :/ but I could see them debuting his evolution through Koharu.
It definitely feels like they were building to something with Yamper, but then Eevee came into picture. If we look back, all the Yamper episodes were about him and Chloe, so the natural trajectory of his story would be that he officially becomes Chloe's Pokemon.

But Yamper just kinda faded away after Chloe got Eevee.

To me, the whole park episode genuinely felt like the writers going "oh sh*t, we forgot about Yamper!" so they had to write something up to justify why he suddenly stopped appearing and never got any further relevance relating to Chloe.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It suddenly was stated to be the Park's guard dog without any proper buildup. In fact, I don't remember ever seeing it at the park prior the episode itself.

You'd think the other choices living there have far better skills than it.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So since this... thing... is in a regular episode timeslot with its own featured preview in the previous one, does this count as Special 5 for JN?

Cuz' I'd love to rank it as 0/10.

It seems like it's being considered an unnumbered special episode of PM2019 rather than a non-series special, so yeah, I guess.

EDIT:
Actually scratch that now the official twitter account is saying this IS a standard episode and is numbered 119:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
So since this... thing... is in a regular episode timeslot with its own featured preview in the previous one, does this count as Special 5 for JN?

Cuz' I'd love to rank it as 0/10.
Wait which are specials 1-4? The LA ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.