• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 2nd: 1 Hour Pre-Summer Vacation Special

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
what is TBA

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Besides the point, but will they show episodes during Olympics?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So another break on the 9th! We literally just had one in March/April and before the New Year. There might be some serious production issues going on.

It's not because of production issues, it's because the show moved into a new timeslot where it has to deal with different programs that eat up that particular slot when TV Tokyo wants to air them:

It's in both days. As mentioned earlier, the show is preempted this week because of the couple-times-a-year show "Exaggerated Urban Legends" (I looked up some episodes and it's really more "conspiracy theories" than "urban legends", at least the more recent US elections and corona-focused ones).

The break next week is because Dekamori Hunter, the food challenge show that airs right after Pokemon, is having a three hour special that day. It's the same as when Pokemon sometimes got preempted for Naruto specials in the past.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Kubfu lol

Too early for Dawn unfortunately

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
It's not because of production issues, it's because the show moved into a new timeslot where it has to deal with different programs that eat up that particular slot when TV Tokyo wants to air them:
Such a Joke and Such a Shame. The Anime already lost 6 Weeks because of Covid. Enough of Breaks. Correct me if I am wrong but aside from the Typical New Year Break, the Last Year of SM had ABSOLUTELY NO BREAKS whatsoever (not even for the Mewtwo Movie). If this show lasts 3 Years, then it might have fewer episodes than XY/XY&Z.

LucasMV

Such a Joke and Such a Shame. The Anime already lost 6 Weeks because of Covid. Enough of Breaks. Correct me if I am wrong but aside from the Typical New Year Break, the Last Year of SM had ABSOLUTELY NO BREAKS whatsoever (not even for the Mewtwo Movie). If this show lasts 3 Years, then it might have fewer episodes than XY/XY&Z.
They could just push forward the end date of the series to accommodate. Or just scratch some fillers, they surely won't have any problem finding some of those to throw into the trashcan to save slots...

It's not like they're carefully planning the series' schedule to give us as many entertaining and meaningful battles as they can every couple episodes anyways.

We'll get whatever they planned from the start in terms of main plot. Whatever that is.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I'm starting to think this maybe where Ash and/or Goh get the Kubfu that was in that "possible-yet-to-be-confirmed" leak.

Interesting. So that means no Shinkalion Z on that week.

EDIT: @Mythical-Moonlight also thought about Kubfu here. Guess we had the same impression.
Leaker never said Ash and Gou were getting Kubfus. He just knew Kubfu would appear at some point (probably here)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

SM didn't air in this timeslot, all these breaks are because of that. There's going to be more, it's going to be postponed whenever Exaggerated Urban Legends airs because this is the timeslot that show airs in.

RafaSceptile

SM and JN currently have the exact same number of weeks lost by breaks (14), however SM already ended and JN is exactly at the half of SM episodes

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
SM didn't air in this timeslot, all these breaks are because of that. There's going to be more, it's going to be postponed whenever Exaggerated Urban Legends airs because this is the timeslot that show airs in.
I see. Is there also a specific reason Dephender why we just don't get any 1-Hour Specials that much anymore? Please tell us. The Last "Real" 1-Hour Special (aka featuring Two Episodes airing) was SM71/SM72. While we did get a 1 Hour Special for PM001, the first half hour was just full of shilling.
SM and JN currently have the exact same number of weeks lost by breaks (14), however SM already ended and JN is exactly at the half of SM episodes
That's the problem. If JN lasts Three Years it will probably end up with less episodes than XY/XY&Z.

RafaSceptile

I see. Is there also a specific reason Dephender why we just don't get any 1-Hour Specials that much anymore? Please tell us. The Last "Real" 1-Hour Special (aka featuring Two Episodes airing) was SM71/SM72. While we did get a 1 Hour Special for PM001, the first half hour was just full of shilling.

That's the problem. If JN lasts Three Years it will probably end up with less episodes than XY/XY&Z.
XY had 20 week breaks and it ended having 140 episodes + 4 specials

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
XY had 20 week breaks and it ended having 140 episodes + 4 specials
6 Specials. Not 4. XY has 140 Main Episodes + 4 Mega Evolution Specials + 2 Post-Series Specials = 146 Stories. SM has 146 Episodes in Total. BW would have had 146 Stories if the Two-Parter had aired. Journeys is almost certain to have the least amount of stories if it does last for three years.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Predictions I've seen so far:

This episode is about Kubfu (most likely)

This episode is about Eiscue (possible)

This episode is a PWC Battle (possible)

This episode is about Drizzile (unlikely)

This episode is about a returning character (unlikely unless it's Volkner but I don't think he's showing up this soon)

This episode is a 2-Parter Filler (not very likely)

What do you guys think this episode is about?

I really think it's Kubfu related