• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 30th: PM2019 075 - Cresselia's Midsummer Night's Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Yeah.
Koharu thinks she isn't suited for doing contests. Dawn encourages her by telling her how it's her first time it's normal she thinks that way and it's okay for her to give it a try. We will see more about that in this episode so their interaction is not over yet.
Yeah i don’t see that at all.

It would be different if koharu was actually shown to be considering It, but she didn’t seem to be any more interested in participating than before dawn said anything. Especially since she immediately changed the topic into about traveling as as well, and how they travel being the docus of the ep from that point on. Kinda came off as just dawn being a little pushy even.

Dawn was teaching Chloe that while being indecisive is fine don’t automatically rule out things you haven’t yet tried. This will help Chloe with picking and choosing her life path by not limiting it due to the unknown. This was just brought up in the context of Contests.

Except nothing has show she is someone who rules out things she hasn’t tried because she has no experience in them? We see her happily jumping on board for the water race when she was told she could enter with evee. It just seems like she was honestly not interested in participating in contests.

Last edited:

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Yeah i don’t see that at all.

It would be different if koharu was actually shown to be considering It, but she didn’t seem to be any more interested in participating than before dawn said anything. Especially since she immediately changed the topic into about traveling as as well, and how they travel being the docus of the ep from that point on. Kinda came off as just dawn being a little pushy even.
Sure thing. That's why Koharu asked Dawn about her journeys and if she traveled alone or not. Koharu sure wasn't interested! She didn't change the topic.
Koharu thought she wasn't suited for it because it's her first time and plus she's traveling alone that's why she thinks she's not suited for it.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Megapixel

Is it me or does it feel like you could remove Dawn from this 2-Parter and very little would change?

Which is a bad thing btw
this "special" feels more like a fanservice that apparently did not know how to handle,and I would Say that is to promote sinnoh but the games are still something far from out Good or it was just a long chapter to put koharu an option on the table,ash and goh basically are there for to be the protagonists,otherwise they would Not have neither appeared in the special, because it almost did nothing

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Sure thing. That's why Koharu asked Dawn about her journeys and if she traveled alone or not. Koharu sure wasn't interested! She didn't change the topic.
Koharu thought she wasn't suited for it because it's her first time and plus she's traveling alone that's why she thinks she's not suited for it.
I mean if she was actually interested wouldn’t she ask about dawn’s experience about contests instead what her travels were like? What does the number of people she traveled with has anything to do with competing in contests? After that and even till the next day, the topic of contest were never brought up again. No dawn explaining what contest are like, or koharu asking and considering more about it. The episode itself was more interested in showing how the two are like while traveling.

And again, koharu hasn’t shown any reluctance to try something she hasn’t done before. She participated in the water race no problem, and was even excited to try.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I mean if she was actually interested wouldn’t she ask about dawn’s experience about contests instead what her travels were like? What does the number of people she traveled with has anything to do with competing in contests? After that and even till the next day, the topic of contest were never brought up again. No dawn explaining what contest are like, or koharu asking and considering more about it. The episode itself was more interested in showing how the two are like while traveling.

And again, koharu hasn’t shown any reluctance to try something she hasn’t done before. She participated in the water race no problem, and was even excited to try.
'Kay
It's a 2 part episode so I still think that interaction worked for Koharu's growth.
Let's see what comes out of the 2nd episode. If she doesn't end up finding a goal or sth then I'm agreeing with you.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
'Kay
It's a 2 part episode so I still think that interaction worked for Koharu's growth.
Let's see what comes out of the 2nd episode. If she doesn't end up finding a goal or sth then I'm agreeing with you.
Yeah, if it gets brought up more thoroughly in the next ep and koharu starts to consider it after watching dawn then it’s fine, that’s something the next ep can achieve.

But just taking into account their interaction in the previous episode, i do think it hasn’t been anything special. Like you could pretty easily replace dawn with another character and i don’t think the last ep would’ve played out much differently.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Is it me or does it feel like you could remove Dawn from this 2-Parter and very little would change?

Which is a bad thing btw
The same could be said about all previous returning characters so far. They simply add nothing in the end.

Not even the companion who literally became a Champion and got beaten by a veteran league taker (with slightly better intelligence). That title is apparently not important anymore.

If Journeys takes 4 years, there are still 100 episodes to go, then Chloe could run contests without any problem. Reduce the ribbons required to participate in the GF to 3 and thats it.
I’m sick of another coordinator tbh. We already have three (I know that Serena wasn’t a coordinator but she became one and showcases are similar to contests but worse)

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Only 3? Well we need another one, Chloe
Koharu's goal is to find herself alongside Eevee on a personal character level.

Her goal was never to find a goal, just figure out who she really was and wanted to be in life versus being assumed to be someone that just had to be obsessed and adore Pokémon because of her professor father.

desdar300

Koharu's goal is to find herself alongside Eevee on a personal character level.

Her goal was never to find a goal, just figure out who she really was and wanted to be in life versus being assumed to be someone that just had to be obsessed and adore Pokémon because of her professor father.
She's more realistic but I have to wonder what the endgame is especially if her Vee just Gmaxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.