• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 30th: PM2019 075 - Cresselia's Midsummer Night's Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
She's more realistic but I have to wonder what the endgame is especially if her Vee just Gmaxes.
There is none IMO. From a marketing standpoint she’s the “Eevee” trainer of this generation. Plus she ultimately is still just a side-character rather than a main cast member. I just wouldn’t expect any “big achievement”-type writing from her. I think her role is to provide a normal, girl character with a pleasant simple storyline that doesn’t require a ton of devotion and screen time nor more than one Pokémon.

It’s like how Eevee’s plot in the original OS or BW! episodes were about it struggling to find out what it wanted to evolve to and then ultimately at the end finding out it simply is perfectly fine the way it is so to speak while showing off it’s evolved forms along the way. I will say I do really like Koharu’s design and wish there was more tangible shine/cool moments ahead for her.

The episode where she got stuck with Nyarth just reaffirms I find her much more enjoyable without Eevee I think?

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
She wants to be Eevee's taxi. What more do you people want from her?
“Vee! Eevee!”

He’s (she? I don’t know what gender Chloe’s Eevee is) wanting Chloe to take him around Pokéarth so Chloe can achieve her goal of being a pilot. She can run the Corviknight Taxi!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
She wants to be Eevee's taxi. What more do you people want from her?
And she does a good job at it. She just finds her main goal in life and haven't realized yet!

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Dawn was teaching Chloe that while being indecisive is fine don’t automatically rule out things you haven’t yet tried. This will help Chloe with picking and choosing her life path by not limiting it due to the unknown. This was just brought up in the context of Contests.

Koharu's goal is to find herself alongside Eevee on a personal character level.

Her goal was never to find a goal, just figure out who she really was and wanted to be in life versus being assumed to be someone that just had to be obsessed and adore Pokémon because of her professor father.
THANK YOU!
@Sham I agree with what you posted here and I don't think the anime didnt show that! That message felt particularly clear and will probably be expanded on more the next episode when judging by leaks she will perform a contest for Chloe

And I agree with Blue Saturday as well. Chloe is meant to be the writers realistic character who's presence is to find out what SHE wants in life as compared to what is assumed of her, while having fun along the way and not worrying too much about it. Eevee is the catalyst to that and parallel to Chloe itself! I think people's major problem is they expect from her as if she's a MC instead of the side character she is, and for what they are going for with her character, I love it. Don't really care for the "she's just an Eevee taxi girl" comments, this week's episode really made me appreciate her even more. She's doing good on her own!

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
THANK YOU!
@Sham I agree with what you posted here and I don't think the anime didnt show that! That message felt particularly clear and will probably be expanded on more the next episode when judging by leaks she will perform a contest for Chloe

And I agree with Blue Saturday as well. Chloe is meant to be the writers realistic character who's presence is to find out what SHE wants in life as compared to what is assumed of her, while having fun along the way and not worrying too much about it. Eevee is the catalyst to that and parallel to Chloe itself! I think people's major problem is they expect from her as if she's a MC instead of the side character she is, and for what they are going for with her character, I love it. Don't really care for the "she's just an Eevee taxi girl" comments, this week's episode really made me appreciate her even more. She's doing good on her own!
And the gag is people are expecting so much from this supporting character like they haven’t messed up whole main characters development in this show. It’s like what are they expecting her to do? We all know girls barring Lana and Lillie (and that isn’t a lot) haven’t been battling since XY. She’s gotten plenty of focus and a good amount of development since her first appearance and I concur everything you’re saying.

Last edited:

Sham

The possibility of Dawn using other Pokemon than Piplup for this episode is 1% out of 99%. Also seems like Dawn has not achieved her goal yet. This is not a leak though. Everyone will think this a disappointing return I bet.
Disappointing in the sense that both of Dawn’s cameos didn’t show a lot of her Pokémon. I’m excusing Iris because while it would of been nice to see Excadrill and Gible they smashed too much in that episode. It’s however sad because with May we saw her Warturtle, Beautifly, Glaceon, Blaziken and got a cameo of Venasaur. Why isn’t Dawn showcasing Pachirisu, Buneary or Togekiss?

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
@UnovaMaster do you dislike Dawn, don't you?
Disappointing in the sense that both of Dawn’s cameos didn’t show a lot of her Pokémon. I’m excusing Iris because while it would of been nice to see Excadrill and Gible they smashed too much in that episode. It’s however sad because with May we saw her Warturtle, Beautifly, Glaceon, Blaziken and got a cameo of Venasaur. Why isn’t Dawn showcasing Pachirisu, Buneary or Togekiss?
I see.
Well, to be fair we saw Dawn's entire team when she returned in BW. And May has not gotten a 2nd return yet. I'd love to see Dawn's Pokemon as well but on the top of all I mostly want them to confirm us that Dawn achieved her goal. Even if we don't get a confirmation I am still happy we got see Dawn at least.

Sham

Nobody reaches their goal on this show. Iris becoming champion was not her goal and people need to remember that.
This. She explicitly said she isn’t a Dragon Master in the first few minutes of the episode. She didn’t complete her goal so not sure how her appearance in the anime means other people can achieve their goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.