• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 30th: XY083 - Cross the Snow Mountains! Mamoswine and Abomasnow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geodude

Am I the only one who's annoyed with the way people use the word "filler"? As Inigo Montoya said in The Princess Bride, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." A true filler involves a random location, a random Pokemon, no game references, no character development, no evolutions, etc. In other words, it could basically take place anywhere at any time. An episode that takes place in a location from the games and/or is based on an event from the games is not a filler.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Judging by the screenshot it's pretty obvious that something horrible will happen to Serena, she's crying, Ash is angry and Pikachu is worried, I'm starting to feel bad about her :(

I'm guessing she gets hurt, though if it was TR's doing I'll be pressed. It's not their style to be physically violent to Ash and co. like that, so it may have been an accident.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm guessing she gets hurt, though if it was TR's doing I'll be pressed. It's not their style to be physically violent to Ash and co. like that, so it may have been an accident.

Yup I think she gets hurts on accident while in the rocky terrain not by Team rocket.

colomb

I'm not sure why there is so much speculation over that one pic. Just looks like a character (that we know isn't very strong) struggling with the cold weather.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well I'm just gonna sit here and hope Ash catches that Snover even though it's never gonna happen lol.

Yuraenia

Call me Qooky :)
I know right it looks shippy and all but it's not a big part of the episode. ^^

It may not be a big part. In fact, they could just have spoiled the one Amourshipping hint in the entire episode to get people to watch it. But I guess people just wanna see a similar type of interaction as the cliff episode where Serena takes care of Satoshi's foot, except roles are reversed and all that. Having Serena hurt though does make the episode more interesting.

Lorde

I know right it looks shippy and all but it's not a big part of the episode. ^^

I think it might have more relevance as things play out, but I do think that the sick Snover and Abomasnow will be more integral than that.

Lorde

well no frost cavern...however, this can serve to establish the mamoswine-abomasnow friendship that's in the game...

While it was in the games, I found it to be so forgettable that I'm not looking forward to their little friendship in the anime. It just sounds so dull imo. :x

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I want Ash to get this Snover, because dammit, he needs a Grass-type this region since whatshisface has a claim on Mega Sceptile by this point!

But that would make too much sense, which is the exact opposite of this anime.

Lorde

I want Ash to get this Snover, because dammit, he needs a Grass-type this region since whatshisface has a claim on Mega Sceptile by this point!

And I thank Jesus that it won't happen regardless since any such capture would've been spoiled by now imo. Why he'd need another unsightly species is beyond me. :x

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

When a Pokémon is connected family-wise to another, the chances for capture drop down the toilet. Abomasnow is caring for the hurt Snover. You think its gonna be okay with a random human taking it away?

Lorde

Abomasnow is caring for the hurt Snover. You think its gonna be okay with a random human taking it away?

Agreed. If I was this Abomasnow, I wouldn't simply let my offspring wander off with Ash. The only image thus far from this episode doesn't show Ash interacting with Snover anyway.

Janovy

Banned
This sounds like a generic filler episode. The only thing that can save this episode is some badass racer Serena action.

Majestic Snivy

I'm actually hyped for this episode. Looking forward to seeing the character interactions in this type of setting. Also it'll be loads better than the Rotom time traveling episode imo..

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
As long as it's better than that borderline atrocious time travel episode i'm all down for this.

Abomasnow being in it already makes it pretty cool!

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
And I thank Jesus that it won't happen regardless since any such capture would've been spoiled by now imo. Why he'd need another unsightly species is beyond me. :x

Yup plus it seems like Snover has a parent taking care of him so it won't get caught. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.