• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 3rd Hour Special (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dax

Legend
One thing I'd like to add is that if this does indeed signify Ash's victory against Wake (and it doesn't necessarily), I'm hoping we get a future appearance or two from our good luchador. It'd be a shame for such a potentially wacky character to get screwed with only two episodes when the previous 3 leaders got twice as many.

In the games Crasher Wake appears in Stark Mountain so maybe they are limiting his appearance in Pastoria for 2 episodes to follow the game storyline. After all they have followed many plots that occurred in the game so it can be a possibility that he appears in Stark Mountain.

MaskedManAbsolkid

Gary? How interesting. I never expected this, and I love how there was a topic about how Gary has barely appeared. I'm looking forwards to the Swinub episode more. It looks like the magazine is becoming more trustworthy, no matter how horribly they tell us it.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
This means two of the Wikipedia titles were correct, albeit in flipped order.

I so hope this means the Nando and Paul episode with Roserade and Magmortar is real too ._.

Pumpernickle

Maybe the writers will do something similar to the Dewford Town arc. Satoshi will lose in the upcoming gym battle, leave Pastoria to train for several episodes and return later for a rematch. That will explain the relatively short time it took the group to reach Pastoria.

Pumpernickle

Maybe the writers will do something similar to the Dewford Town arc. Satoshi will lose in the upcoming gym battle, leave Pastoria to train for several episodes and return later for a rematch. That will explain the relatively short time it took the group to reach Pastoria.

Thriller

Its almost time
I'm so happy Gary is the one responsible for Gligars evolution. How about that, a guy who used to hate Ash's guts is helping him get an awesome Pokemon.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I'm not a big Swinub fan. Fact of the matter is, I forget it exists 99% of the time I have something pokémon related on my mind, and 100% when I don't. And pokémon don't rule my life, believe it or not. The fact that the episode sounds almost identical to Haruka's Munchlax (MUNCHLAX people) outing only serves to rub me the wrong way. I'm talking a citric acid dowsed chunk of wire wool applied to open wounds kinda wrong way.

But it evolves into Mamoswine, the trunkless beast with tusks large enough to rip you a new a-hole so big, that it'll encompass your entire body. Plus, Swinub doesn't exactly strike me as the 'GONGONPOCHATOYS' type, so chances are I'll probably cave in and end up liking it. So, in conclusion; Good outweighs bad, by a few metric tons.

It's also great to see that Gligar is once again going to be on the receiving end of some much needed focus, though in all honesty, I'd rather not see him evolve in this one. Providing it's even possible at this point, stave it off for a week I say, and then have Gligar make the decision.

The Great Butler said:
I so hope this means the Nando and Paul episode with Roserade and Magmortar is real too ._.
If there's anything that will guarantee to boost the shows levels of awesome for a week, it's Metrose vs. Gutsman.
In other words, I hope so too.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

So Dawn gets Swinbub, intresting. Also I do hope this means Ash wins on his first try, I'm tired of him loosing. He needs to step it up.
Gary coming back to help Ash, cool. I hate waits, stupid Baseball.

BlueDragonfangirl

Sorry about this, I double posted by accident.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
I knew they'd wait til the last min, But yeah the episodes coming back to back is no surprise, but Gary sure was, the hell with Ash, Gary and Gliscor will be enough for me, and hope we see Gary with a new pokemon as well

But does this mean Aaron from the Elite 4 will be here at the end of the season?

*speaks through gritted teeth* Dawn. Dawn with Swinub. Fantastic. No, really it is. Brock doesn't suit Mamoswine better anyway. Dawn should rock that big beasty fighter. >.<;; God I hope Brock sneaks in and catches it. Swinub with Dawn? Honestly.. :mad:!

Ambipom - Normal Contest Pkm
Swinub - Ice Contest Pkm
Buneary - Normal/Ice Contest Pkm

^ Just makes Buneary useless.

*speaks through gritted teeth* Dawn. Dawn with Swinub. Fantastic. No, really it is. Brock doesn't suit Mamoswine better anyway. Dawn should rock that big beasty fighter. >.<;; God I hope Brock sneaks in and catches it. Swinub with Dawn? Honestly.. :mad:!

Swinub - Ice Contest Pkm

Mamoswine in contest would be awkward but the same case also hold true for veusaur. I still don't like the idea of Dawn getting swinub just like I said its too awesome for her.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
So Gligar evolves through Gary's help- that is SO awesome. I do hope w see something new for Gary. He usually has pokemon with unique evolution metods, so maybe a Rhyperior or Dusknoir

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
The Swinub episode sounds like a rehash of the capture episodes of Snorlax and Munchlax.

I hope the Gligar/Gary episode is good.

Paul vs. Nando does sound good. I just hope they don't have Nando be the one who changes Paul...

richard

Fire Master
These two episodes sound very interesting. I hope Gary has some new pokemon. I just want Gligar to get a little more screentime before evolving. Poor thing, it was scared after losing to that Gliscor.:(

dman_dustin

Swinub - Ice Contest Pkm

I don't know why people have a problem with Dawn and Swinub. Swinub is ground/ice, cute and it'll be Dawn's Blaziken, Charizard, Sceptile, or Venusaur when it evolves into Mamoswine.

Just because Buneary knows Ice beam doesn't mean Dawn shouldn't have Swinub, there's only so much you can do with just "One" ice beam, and if Mr. Contesta, or Mr. Sukizo are one in the same in all the contests May or Dawn has been, the same appeal more than once isn't going to be favorable because it'll be repetitive. Plus Swinub will know Ancientpower (soon, if it doesn't already know it) and some other ground types.

Even Buneary is outclassed by Ambipom, where was the complaining then, and Bounce is a flying type attack it no one knew that. I think it's time for Dawn to teach Buneary something different. Of course looking at the move pool nothing really suits Buneary for Appeals, unless Dawn did some sort of Ice beam+shadow ball combo and then finished it off with dizzy punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.