• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 5th: SM81 - The Young Flame of Alola! The Birth of Royal Satoshi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I think we should stop using examples for back then tbh. In the current times, no pokemon ever uses these move error moves again. They always end up being a one time use and then forgotten.
Sawyer's Slurpuff had Electro Ball. I do agree with you, however.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Naturally, I expect Bourgain and his cronies to use the dirtiest tactics possible to sabotage Incineroar during the match, but I would have expected his cronies to use tactics that would be more subtle and not get them outright disqualified. Instead, two Pokémon actively grab Incineroar's legs to prevent it from being able to properly move. Are the referees to this match blind? (Are there any referees at all?)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I guess Bourgain got out of jail easily because he’s got good lawyers on his side in the way they can easily manipulate the Officer Jennys.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Father-son wrestling, like Ash did earlier, battling with Delia. :D

I wanna see Torracat learn a new move here. This episode looks so exciting! As a fan of WWE, we better see some moves firing up!

andrewscott48209

Naturally, I expect Bourgain and his cronies to use the dirtiest tactics possible to sabotage Incineroar during the match, but I would have expected his cronies to use tactics that would be more subtle and not get them outright disqualified. Instead, two Pokémon actively grab Incineroar's legs to prevent it from being able to properly move. Are the referees to this match blind? (Are there any referees at all?)

It's basically a dirty tactic that heel wrestlers do to gain the upper hand against the wrestler who's the face in the WWE. Also it's basically a trope in the WWE to have the referee being blind to dirty tactics like these. I've even seen instances in which a wrestler got away with using a chair on their opponent when it would otherwise get them disqualified simply because the referee got distracted, most likely by another wrestler.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I think we should stop using examples for back then tbh. In the current times, no pokemon ever uses these move error moves again. They always end up being a one time use and then forgotten.
Well, if you want recent examples, then Nebby used Supersonic many times, which it can't learn, so.....

ShadowForce720

Well, if you want recent examples, then Nebby used Supersonic many times, which it can't learn, so.....
After which it never really used that move again, not to mention the fact that it's not going to appear in most episodes unlike Torracat so it would be unlikely for the writers to have Torracat actually learn Fire Punch a move it can't normally learn when it's still going to be around in a lot of episodes. So his point still stands.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

First of all, Nebby just yelled, hardly supersonic. I don't even remember one character getting confused from the yelling.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
After which it never really used that move again, not to mention the fact that it's not going to appear in most episodes unlike Torracat so it would be unlikely for the writers to have Torracat actually learn Fire Punch a move it can't normally learn when it's still going to be around in a lot of episodes. So his point still stands.
Nebby was also along with the main cast for quite some time, and use Supersonic multiple times, not just once. So yeah, my point still stands. The writers can just have Ash's Torracat evolve soon afterwards so that the move soon becomes legal.
First of all, Nebby just yelled, hardly supersonic. I don't even remember one character getting confused from the yelling.
Supersonic doesn't always confuse the opponent in the anime. How many times did you see Ash's Noivern's Supersonic confusing others. The move was pretty much depicted as Supersonic, and multiple sites/sources also state the move as Supersonic.

ShadowForce720

Nebby was also along with the main cast for quite some time, and use Supersonic multiple times, not just once. So yeah, my point still stands. The writers can just have Ash's Torracat evolve soon afterwards so that the move soon becomes legal.

Supersonic doesn't always confuse the opponent in the anime. How many times did you see Ash's Noivern's Supersonic confusing others. The move was pretty much depicted as Supersonic, and multiple sites/sources also state the move as Supersonic.

No, your point doesn't still stand because Nebby only used that at most 4 times out of 10 episodes it was in, and has most likely lost the ability to use it since it became a Solegaleo, it's one thing if Torracat evolves soon after learn Fire Punch, but if it doesn't then it's most likely not going to learn a move that it can't legally learn because unlike Nebby who only showed up for about 10 episodes Torracat is going to be in a lot more episodes then Nebby ever was and it would be unlikely that the writers would want Torracat to be using a move it can't legally learn if it's going to be showing up in a lot of episodes.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

So then it's not Supersonic, Supersonic is supposed to confuse people. Noibat and Nebby used a glorified screech. Unless you've got an example of someone on the main cast recently, having and KEEPING a unlearnable move for the majority of their run, the point is mute.

The writers don't give pokemon who BATTLE moves that they use a lot that they can't learn. The most they do is like when Litten used Slash, a one time attack that usually doesn't appear again.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
No, your point doesn't still stand because Nebby only used that at most 4 times out of 10 episodes it was in, and has most likely lost the ability to use it since it became a Solegaleo, it's one thing if Torracat evolves soon after learn Fire Punch, but if it doesn't then it's most likely not going to learn a move that it can't legally learn because unlike Nebby who only showed up for about 10 episodes Torracat is going to be in a lot more episodes then Nebby ever was and it would be unlikely that the writers would want Torracat to be using a move it can't legally learn if it's going to be showing up in a lot of episodes.
Nebby still used it multiple times, so the point stands. 4 times certainly isn't a negligible amount of time no matter how you look at it. Nebby still was a recurring Pokemon which was along with the cast for some time no matter how much you want to overlook it.

I already said it could be very much the case where Torracat evolves soon afterwards it learns Fire Punch, so in that case, the move error won't last for long, so I don't know why you keep bringing up this point that Torracat would be around for a lot more episodes than Nebby.
So then it's not Supersonic, Supersonic is supposed to confuse people. Noibat and Nebby used a glorified screech. Unless you've got an example of someone on the main cast recently, having and KEEPING a unlearnable move for the majority of their run, the point is mute.
Noibat/Noivern's move was certainly Supersonic, it was even mentioned/commanded multiple times as Supersonic. In Nebby's case, it was nothing much different, and I can bring up multiple site/sources which state the move as Supersonic:

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nebby

http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Nebby_(anime)

And even if you still want to argue that the move was Screech, then that doesn't also help your case, because Cosmog can't legally learn Screech.

Nebby was a recurring Pokemon on the main cast so it isn't too much different either.

The writers don't give pokemon who BATTLE moves that they use a lot that they can't learn. The most they do is like when Litten used Slash, a one time attack that usually doesn't appear again.
It could also be a case where Torracat evolves soon afterwards into Incineroar after learning Fire Punch, so in that case the move error won't remain for a long amount of time.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Nebby still used it multiple times, so the point stands. 4 times certainly isn't a negligible amount of time no matter how you look at it. Nebby still was a recurring Pokemon which was along with the cast for some time no matter how much you want to overlook it.

I already said it could be very much the case where Torracat evolves soon afterwards it learns Fire Punch, so in that case, the move error won't last for long, so I don't know why you keep bringing up this point that Torracat would be around for a lot more episodes than Nebby.

Noibat/Noivern's move was certainly Supersonic, it was even mentioned/commanded multiple times as Supersonic. In Nebby's case, it was nothing much different, and I can bring up multiple site/sources which state the move as Supersonic:

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nebby

http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Nebby_(anime)

And even if you still want to argue that the move was Screech, then that doesn't also help your case, because Cosmog can't legally learn Screech.

Nebby was a recurring Pokemon on the main cast so it isn't too much different either.

It could also be a case where Torracat evolves soon afterwards into Incineroar after learning Fire Punch, so in that case the move error won't remain for a long amount of time.

I didn't say they didn't use Supersonic, I'm saying they used a glorified screech cuz they were scared lol. In other words the attacks used weren't used as Supersonic in the normal sense, they pretty much used it as loud crying.

That's literally what I said in my post and you started talking about how Torracat could stay a Torracat and just have Fire Punch.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Considering how Torracat already knows quite a few Fire moves(Did he even use Flame Charge in a future episode after he learned it? lol It feels like he just learned it yet feels like forever since Ash used him), it'd just seem odd having him learn yet another Fire move.... one designed for punching, if he's going to stay a cat and not go bipedal.

Torracat only learning new Fire moves and nothing else is getting boring quite frankly, if he's evolving here then at least it would make up for it partially. But I still want Torracat to learn something aside from all these Fire attacks......

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
That's literally what I said in my post and you started talking about how Torracat could stay a Torracat and just have Fire Punch.
Well the point I was trying to make that Torracat doesn't necessarily need to evolve in this particular episode. It's possible it uses Fire Punch 2-3 times after this before finally evolving into an Incineroar, like in Nebby's case. Obviously a permanent move error like Torracat remaining a Torracat and using Fire Punch throughout the series shouldn't be expected to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.