• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 5th: SM81 - The Young Flame of Alola! The Birth of Royal Satoshi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Saw the second preview for this episode, and forgive my language, but holy hell, they had Magmorter on the top rope, with two or three other Pokémon having Incineroar pinned down, then in comes Torrecat with a flame charge to knock Magmorter off the top of the ring. This episode screams WWE all over.

Except that WWE is one hundred percent staged fights with planned winners and almost zero actual contact. It's all just smart camera angles and stomping of feet to make the hitting sound effects.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Except that WWE is one hundred percent staged fights with planned winners and almost zero actual contact. It's all just smart camera angles and stomping of feet to make the hitting sound effects.
I did like the WWE Attitude Era when their storylines were more edgy though. And I remembered when WWE went in Japan, the audience got bored at the fights until the wrestlers do their finishers. The Japanese audience were more into the technical stuffs, than the wrestlers charisma.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

Not just WWE all of pro wrestling is staged fights and have lanned winners.

Locormus

Not just WWE all of pro wrestling is staged fights and have lanned winners.

Oh I'm sure, I just wasn't bothered mentioning other things. WWE was mentioned, which is why I only mentioned that.

Is there anything left anybody wants to discuss?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Oh I'm sure, I just wasn't bothered mentioning other things. WWE was mentioned, which is why I only mentioned that.

Is there anything left anybody wants to discuss?

While the fights are scripted, I'm sure some of them became...less scripted if the wrestlers hated each other due to behind the scenes stuff

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
While the fights are scripted, I'm sure some of them became...less scripted if the wrestlers hated each other due to behind the scenes stuff

Not necessarily they are pros, hatred is pretty much normal in all sports. One of the reason why germany crashed out of wc this year is because some players have dislike towards each other.

Locormus

Not necessarily they are pros, hatred is pretty much normal in all sports. One of the reason why germany crashed out of wc this year is because some players have dislike towards each other.

Uhm, no? Because for some reason the defense was just lacking, and without Boateng it is even flimsier. Mexico isn't a side to take easy and Sweden just as much isn't. South Korea honestly got really lucky to play a German side with an already relatively bad defense compared to 2016 (and Neuer lacking match-rhythm), even made more apparent with Boateng being absent - and to score that first out of VAR moment. I honestly doubt that Germany would've been sent home if Boateng didn't get that second yellow during the Sweden match, but to be frank: he should've gotten a direct red card earlier in that match, so they probably would've lost that match as well - so nothing would've changed at the end of the day.

Sure, if you look back interviews about the socalled golden generation of England (Lampard, Gerard, Beckham, Scoles, Ferdinand, Rooney), they'll also said that there was a bit of a weird vibe during their moments on the England team, because they were too embroiled in their club-rivalries, and forming clicks during breakfasts and such - but when it comes down to it, they also said that probably the biggest complaint they had was that they weren't used correctly on the pitch. Which brings me to Spain of 2008/2010/2012: Basically half of the team was from Barcelona, the other half Real Madrid. Had no issues to play with each other, even when you have guys like Pique and Ramos right next to each other (with Ramos taking offense to Pique using the Catalonian flag). Because they obviously used the right system.

So to use internal dislikes as a reason why a team has failed is just weird. Like you just said: They're pro's and there's often enough a more structural reason why the team has failed. Players not being set onto the right position, players lacking rhythm/fitness, fear of losing, expectation set to high, underestimating the opponents. Look at the Netherlands during 2012, sent home in the group stage after playing the final in 2010. Look at Argentina this year: The players LOVE playing for Argentina, but the system just doesn't work (and Sampaoli lacks managing skills).

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Uhm, no? Because for some reason the defense was just lacking, and without Boateng it is even flimsier. Mexico isn't a side to take easy and Sweden just as much isn't. South Korea honestly got really lucky to play a German side with an already relatively bad defense compared to 2016 (and Neuer lacking match-rhythm), even made more apparent with Boateng being absent - and to score that first out of VAR moment. I honestly doubt that Germany would've been sent home if Boateng didn't get that second yellow during the Sweden match, but to be frank: he should've gotten a direct red card earlier in that match, so they probably would've lost that match as well - so nothing would've changed at the end of the day.

Sure, if you look back interviews about the socalled golden generation of England (Lampard, Gerard, Beckham, Scoles, Ferdinand, Rooney), they'll also said that there was a bit of a weird vibe during their moments on the England team, because they were too embroiled in their club-rivalries, and forming clicks during breakfasts and such - but when it comes down to it, they also said that probably the biggest complaint they had was that they weren't used correctly on the pitch. Which brings me to Spain of 2008/2010/2012: Basically half of the team was from Barcelona, the other half Real Madrid. Had no issues to play with each other, even when you have guys like Pique and Ramos right next to each other (with Ramos taking offense to Pique using the Catalonian flag). Because they obviously used the right system.

So to use internal dislikes as a reason why a team has failed is just weird. Like you just said: They're pro's and there's often enough a more structural reason why the team has failed. Players not being set onto the right position, players lacking rhythm/fitness, fear of losing, expectation set to high, underestimating the opponents. Look at the Netherlands during 2012, sent home in the group stage after playing the final in 2010. Look at Argentina this year: The players LOVE playing for Argentina, but the system just doesn't work (and Sampaoli lacks managing skills).

OH no doubt, germany was counter attacked out of this world cup, the defence was so poor that it was embarrassment to even watch, if you look at kimmich the guy is a wingback but often he is so busy to attack that he forgets the fact that he is a defender and that exposed us in this wc. And it was not just the defence that was lacking the attack was toothless as well. It looks like all the german players have given up to play after winning wc 4 years before, they dont have any more drive to play. And lastly toni kroos and hummels are not scheinsteiger and philip lahm and we lack leadership ever since these two have retired.

As for english golden generation they were good but overrated by there media big time. Gerrard is big screwup with habit of dreadfull backpasses, lampard is a giant bottler with 3 world cups and 0 goals, same with rooney a giant bottler with 1 goal in 3 wc, beckham had very bad habit of getting injured or red carded and scholes there best player around whom that team should have been was not even used. They lack a credible defensive midfielder like makelele, davis or viera who won you the ball and work like a engine. I am goona enjoy and hpe sweeden dumps them out of this world cup. As for argentina they have only attackers in there team and dont have credible MF or defenders now that mascherano has gotten old.

Spain's core team was still barca players with 2-3 RM players. the reason they were so united were because of iker casillas there captain who had good relationship with every barca player. You can see spain's performance in last 4 years ever since ramos is the captain, there have been reports of infighting between the players which have affected there performance of course there style has become boring as well.

Netherlands in 2012 were more unlucky than poor, they had there bad day vs denmark which was supposed to be the easiest match of the group after which they were under too much pressure and they lost to germany (favourites) and portugal (more like ronaldo's individual performance). They were great in 2014 wc and imo should have reached the finals. Germany vs Netherlands finals is a dream final for any tournament and is one of the greatest rivalry for any club or country instead we got unimpressive argentina.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I find it amusing that Satoshi will join Kukui-hakase on the battlefield, even if the episode seems like just another goofy installment. I'm glad we're seeing more of Nyaheat and Gaogaen, too.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
It's seem that Electivire knows Low Kick or Low Sweep
Well Low Kick has been shown as a trip, so it's probably Low Sweep, unless it's just a wrestling move and not an actual Pokemon move.

Status
Not open for further replies.