• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 5th: SM81 - The Young Flame of Alola! The Birth of Royal Satoshi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Development episode for Torracat. I hope it beats Inceniroar together with The Masked Royal.

Uh, except Incineroar is the Masked Royal's Pokémon, so if anything, Torracat would have to team up with Incineroar to beat the shady character.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So I think Ash's Torracat would learn a move that related to the next Z move is going to have like Dragon or Bug. The move I think that Torracat could learn is Duo Chop, Leech Life or Outrage. But it does learns bite then Lycanroc might lose that move compeletely so I don't think it's going to learn that
Given that Lycanroc has learned Counter in the SM77, it very well could've forgotten Bite in the process. So in that case Torracat could learn Bite anyway.

Plus, who says that 2 Pokemon on Ash's regional team can't share the same move? Pikachu and Treeko/Grovyle/Sceptile shared Quick Attack back in AG, multiple Pokemon of Ash's SM team shared Tackle at one point.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Doesn't Incineroar itself depend on dirty tricks? Sure, we didn't really see any in the first Battle Royal episode but it is the Heel Pokémon so it should be expected.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Which is possible given the format, then Incineroar wrecks Torracat and nabs the win. Remember. Shady wrestler doing nasty moves.
Oh, please, I don't want to see poor Torracat suffer another agonizing loss! :(

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Meh I quite dislike Ash's Torracat honestly, since I feel it's done nothing remarkable till date, so I don't mind seeing it suffer another beating if it means some form of development and growth. Funny how its biggest source of development came when it was wild, since it's hardly been useful ever since being caught.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They need to let Torracat get a win
He's only had the Grass trial as a win, but even that he technically shared. Every other of Ash's older Alola Pokemon have a few wins but Torracat only has the one.

DatsRight

They need to let Torracat get a win
He's only had the Grass trial as a win, but even that he technically shared. Every other of Ash's older Alola Pokemon have a few wins but Torracat only has the one.

It sounds like a COTD bully scenario, so I get the feeling Torracat will likely win.

Gladion and Masked Royal are experienced and respectable rivals so of course they can win since there's no karma in the way of it, the opponent in question here is stated to be playing dirty.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well i feel that the chance for Torracat to evolve is quite low, mainly because of the comments that Nanu made relating to Ash (during SM077).
He outright told that Dark type doesn't really fit Ash (because of their nature, which is opposite to him).

So, i now doubt that the writers would give him a Dark type Pokemon like Incineroar. And even if they do end up giving him an Incineroar, it would most likely be treated only as a Fire type (like Ash's previous Dark type pokemons), and we might not see it use 'Incinium Z'.

Master Pikachu 11

Well i feel that the chance for Torracat to evolve is quite low, mainly because of the comments that Nanu made relating to Ash (during SM077).
He outright told that Dark type doesn't really fit Ash (because of their nature, which is opposite to him).

So, i now doubt that the writers would give him a Dark type Pokemon like Incineroar. And even if they do end up giving him an Incineroar, it would most likely be treated only as a Fire type (like Ash's previous Dark type pokemons), and we might not see it use 'Incinium Z'.

They can easily potray Incineroar Z move as a fire type move since it looks more like a fire type move then a dark type move and since Lycanroc has bite or had bite, we still don’t if that got replaced or not they really don’t have too much problem with giving Ash a dark type move like bite.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ahhh Torracat's going into the fray again! I wonder if Ash will be the Boy Wonder to The Masked Royal's Batman? I'm loving the title. :D

Development episode for Torracat. I hope it beats Inceniroar together with The Masked Royal. Also, how can Prof Kukui be watching the match with Ash and Prof Burner when he's the Masked Royal in disguise? :eek:

Umm a past recorded match...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

To me, that makes it feel like a good situation for Ash to prove Nanu wrong.
And honestly, Ash capturing Dark types only to not actually use Dark moves is just pointless. Greninja kept that useless Cut attack throughout Kalos instead of upgrading to Nightslash....

Not to mention the fact his Pokemon always end up learning their signature moves.

Dusk Mane Necrozma

Necrozma fused with Solgaleo

@Lucario At Service - Are you forgetting about Ash's Krokoodile who is a Ground/Dark type Pokemon

dman_dustin

Pretty sure that was their nonsense argument for why Ash couldn't share Z-crystals with other main characters, pretty sure they'd likely argue something similar if Ash was guaranteed to get a Fire Z crystal. Had there been multiple Z-crystals for dark types, or James actually had a Mareanie exclusive z-crystal Ash would've gotten the Dark type Z-crystal.

Kahuna:
"Sorry but your fire and your passion don't burn hot enough to warrant the use of this fire Z crystal so instead take this flying type Z crystal for your Rowlet"

Ash:
"Is this because Kiawe has the fire type Z-crystal?

Kahuna:
*Fast asleep and snoring*

Or they would just do what they did with fighting z-crystal and have Tapu Koko switch it out (or some other guardian).

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Are you forgetting about Ash's Krokoodile who is a Ground/Dark type Pokemon

And? Scraggy and Greninja are Dark-types as well.

And as it was stated before, only one of Ash's three total Dark-types have used Dark-type moves, and it doesn't even know them anymore.

They may be Dark-type Pokemon, but the writers almost never treated them as such.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

And as it was stated before, only one of Ash's three total Dark-types have used Dark-type moves, and it doesn't even know them anymore.

They may be Dark-type Pokemon, but the writers almost never treated them as such.

It's not that surprising either. You don't want to go around calling the protagonist's Pokémon evil all the time.

lolipiece

Staff member
It's not that surprising either. You don't want to go around calling the protagonist's Pokémon evil all the time.

This show has gone out of its way to portray that type doesn't indicate a moral alignment. I feel like that mentality contradicts that.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Krookorok/Krookodile still had Cruch in its moveset for a long amount of time, so I have no idea what you're talking about. It was only replaced very late in the League, so it got to use Crunch for a long amount of time. Seriously I don't know from where this notion comes from that Ash's Dark types aren't usually portrayed as Dark types/doesn't use Dark type moves just because Scraggy and Greninja didn't have any Dark type moves. I don't really think that Dark type being known as the Evil type in Japan is much of an issue which will prevent Ash from using Dark type moves with his Pokemon. If that was true, then Totodile wouldn't have known Bite, Krookorok/Krookodile wouldn't have known Crunch for a long amount of time and Lycanroc wouldn't have known Bite either.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
Krookorok/Krookodile still had Cruch in its moveset for a long amount of time, so I have no idea what you're talking about. It was only replaced very late in the League, so it got to use Crunch for a long amount of time. Seriously I don't know from where this notion comes from that Ash's Dark types aren usually portrayed as Dark types/doesn't use Dark type moves just because Scraggy and Greninja didn't have any Dark type moves. I don't really think that Dark type being known as the Evil type in Japan is much of an issue which will prevent Ash from using Dark type moves with his Pokemon. If that was true, then Totodile wouldn't have known Bite, Krookorok/Krookodile wouldn't have known Crunch for a long amount of time and Lycanroc wouldn't have known Bite either.

That's one move, though. And honestly, when it comes to Dark-type moves, Bite and Crunch are the least...dark. Bite especially since it was originally a Normal-type move before Gen II came along.

Dark-types are meant to be dirty tricksters who cheat and use the power of darkness to defeat the opponent. Ash's two battles against Nanu are a perfect example of that, while Ash's Dark-types never really act like that.

Biting the opponent isn't really that much of a dirty trick. It's just using a Pokemon's natural weapons. No different than Torracat's claw-based moves, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.