• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 6th - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
We will air the 20th anniversary Pokémon movie that tells the story of how Satoshi and Pikachu met,
"Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You!",
on Tv Tokyo Saturday July 6th at 12:30pm.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Nice that they’re airing the movies! Maybe it’s hype for the future episodes. I think those episodes will be centered on Ash.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Glad ICY will have another airing. It was a pretty good movie and one of the few I actually did a rewatch.

Actually, considering how much I'm dissapointed with this year's being the same story but in CG, I might end up watching ICY again.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Glad ICY will have another airing. It was a pretty good movie and one of the few I actually did a rewatch.

Actually, considering how much I'm dissapointed with this year's being the same story but in CG, I might end up watching ICY again.

Yep it was a good movie except the hooh part, felt ti was too short but ash's story part was well covered.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This is a pleasant surprise since the network usually just airs the previous year's movie during July iirc, yet now they're airing the 20th movie almost a week before the 21st movie's television debut. I'll probably try to tune in since I quite like the 20th movie.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
This is a pleasant surprise since the network usually just airs the previous year's movie during July iirc, yet now they're airing the 20th movie almost a week before the 21st movie's television debut. I'll probably try to tune in since I quite like the 20th movie.
It's airing maybe because it was quite popular!!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Just gonna drop this here. They announced that the movie would be streamed online back when they announced the special in the first place, and now we have actual details:
"Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You",
which will air on TV Tokyo Saturday July 6th at 12:30pm,
will also be streamed online in real time!

It will be streamed on these 4 services:

*Twitter (Periscope))
Streaming account: The official Pokémon movie Twitter account (@pokemon_movie)

*AmebaTV
Streaming channel: Ameba Anime Channel
https://abe.ma/2YydsOC

*LINE LIVE
Streaming account: Toho
https://live.line.me/channels/51648

*Tv Tokyo's official streaming service "AniTV"
https://ch.ani.tv/

Let's enjoy the "TV Tokyo Pokémon Festival" all across Japan!
Both on TV Tokyo and on the Internet!

The stream will start Saturday July 6th at 12:30, the same time the TV broadcast starts,
so don't miss it!

Dunno if it's region locked to Japan or not.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I'm not sure, my only experience with it is watching streams via their website, but I believe LINE LIVE is a separate client from LINE, both of which are owned by LINE corporation.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So this was weird. Despite the summary claiming there'd be movie 22 news at the end of the broadcast, they didn't actually show any. And they had clearly intended to have something there, since they ended up having a 5 minute long ad break to fill time until the next show started.
Wonder what happened.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So this was weird. Despite the summary claiming there'd be movie 22 news at the end of the broadcast, they didn't actually show any. And they had clearly intended to have something there, since they ended up having a 5 minute long ad break to fill time until the next show started.
Wonder what happened.
Programming mistake perhaps? Or maybe they didn't get the master tapes in time to add them to the broadcast.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The movie aired on BS TV Tokyo the 7th, and that airing DID include the movie news bit at the end. It was the "Nicolun's Poke Love TV" promo short that's been airing a couple places lately, a 5 minutes thing where Nicolun presents some clips from the movie (some old, some new) and talks about the preorder event and the attendance gifts a bit. Also had some short video messages from Ichimura and Yamadera.