• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 6th: SM33 - Little Yowashi Isn't Lacking, It's the Lord of the Lake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Just because a totem pokemon is appearing doesn't mean this will be a trial.
The summary indicates that this episode is focused on Lana and that Ash and Lana are having fun fishing, it says absolutely nothing about a trial or Ash wanting to beat a totem pokemon.

Also, where are people getting the idea Lana will give Ash the water Z-crystal? She is not a trial captain in the anime, just a student, and she didn't get any crystal in the past episodes nor there is any hints that she will.
She might get it in this episode, but why would she give her crystal to Ash? She is the one who specializes in water pokemon.

I thought people were speculating the opposite, where Ash would beat Totem Wishiwashi and then realises he doesn't have a water type, and so ends up giving the Waterium Z to Lana. Anyway, I agree that there probably won't be a battle this episode, although it could be the set up for Ash's trial against Wishiwashi.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
There is the fact that Iwane is animating this episode, as well. He normally animates major battles, does he not?

Mike999246

Where was this pic showing Popplio using Hydro Vortex, can i have the link so I can see it please, just saw someone say there was a leaked image or something

Mike999246

Where was this pic showing Popplio using Hydro Vortex, can i have the link so I can see it please, just saw someone say there was a leaked image or something

Never mind, have just found it, it's easy to find but wow there's so much shown in that image

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
There is the fact that Iwane is animating this episode, as well. He normally animates major battles, does he not?

It would be wonderful if it is a totem battle. Plus if the group has obtained the water Z-crystal in the previous episode, then the totem might not give the crystals, as they normally don't give out crystals according to Hala.

They might set a pattern of the group obtaining the respective Z-crystals in other ways at the time of trial rather than by defeating the totem pokemon.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

I believe people are for some reason confusing this jigsaw puzzle for a "leaked image". It's just an illustration, there's 10 such puzzles in the set and 6 of them feature the 3 starters, Pikachu, Togedemaru and Iwanko using Z-Moves. It means nothing.

Everything12

Just realised before you face the Wishi-Washi Trial at Brooklet Hills you get a Stoutland Pokeride at Paniola Ranch and before this episode is a Stoutland Pokeride episode.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Those are just jigsaw puzzles.

Mike999246

Oops lol, kk then but still even if they are Jigsaw puzzles I still see it likely that they are hints towards Ash getting these Z Moves

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I wonder if this is the status quo from now on: rather than being a trial captain, the students will take on their own totems while Ash takes on the kahuna. It makes more sense and give more time to development of side characters.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
As much as I want more side character focus, Ash is the one who has shown interest in the Trials, and he should be the one doing them.

Wouldn't mind if they were tag battles from here on out, though.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i like the idea of ash and lana having a tag battle against the totem pokemon. that way, lana can get the waterium z while ash can be recognized as having cleared the trial by olivia.

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
I can see each "captain" taking over their respective trials since the anime has shown that there aren't trial captains in the anime cannon, just Kahunas. So each set of trial based episodes will focus on Ash and whichever captain participating and completing the trial with the captains getting z-rings/crystals. Ash doesn't need the water Z-crystal and his grass and fire type pokemon each have their own specific crystals to get in the future so he can earn those instead freeing up space for Kiawe and Mallow.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I do wonder how Mallow is going to be handled if they do go for the tag battle route, though. Unless the writers ppan to give Ash a Water type very soon after the Trial, there's no reason for Lana to not get the Waterium-Z. And Kiawe already owns a Firium-Z, so there's no issue there. However, how would it be decided who gets the Grassium-Z from Totem Lurantis? And how would the other character obtain a Grassium-Z of their own?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I've seen suggestions that it could move by floating in midair, but I find that rather unlikely even in this series.

I don't think that's likely either and at most I'd want to see some kind of Popplio development in place of Lana actually catching Wishiwashi. We could plausibly get both, but I think we'll be lucky to see even one of these things occur here.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Size doesn't matter. Nor how heavy it is. Your "Exhibit A" makes it sounds like there's more Exhibits to try. Where's Exhibit B if you have A?
Exhibit B is Lillie and Milotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.