• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 7th: SM129 - Brawl! Battle Royal 151!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont understand why you critize it before it has even started. If you do that after the league, no problem, but you are just ruining the pleasure for people who are excited for this league.
Why would you let me ruin your pleasure?

Just enjoy this random tournament. I liked the club tournaments. I just don't consider this a proper league.

I don't see why that would ruin your fun.

Decidueye23

I wonder if Z-Moves will be allowed considering they could hit multiple opponents at once.
If they do use Z-Moves a, i d like them to use them creatively, like Lycnrocks z-move could go in multiple directions and each shard could hit a potential target. things like that.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Decidueye23 said:
I wonder if Z-Moves will be allowed considering they could hit multiple opponents at once.
If they do use Z-Moves a, i d like them to use them creatively, like Lycnrocks z-move could go in multiple directions and each shard could hit a potential target. things like that.

If this is truly a free-for-all, then I don't think there will be any rules restricting the use of wide-reaching attacks. If multiple Pokemon get stricken by one attack, then that's completely on them for not blocking it or dodging.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
This appeared on Oha Suta, I believe? There's a really tiny, but possible to make out image of the Alola League and it seems to be from this episode.

D9TPXrKXYAA-IqQ.jpg

Looks like Kiawe will be fighting someone's Salamence and it looks like Lillie may be back in her GanbaLillie form? She definitely has the ponytail, but it's hard to fully make the image out.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
This appeared on Oha Suta, I believe? There's a really tiny, but possible to make out image of the Alola League and it seems to be from this episode.

D9TPXrKXYAA-IqQ.jpg

Looks like Kiawe will be fighting someone's Salamence and it looks like Lillie may be back in her GanbaLillie form? She definitely has the ponytail, but it's hard to fully make the image out.
with some zooming I can also see a gyarados and pikachu quick attacking something in what looks like it may be a very well animated sequence. Also a staryu, a herdier, and a corsola. Any idea what this magazine is (aside from it appearing in oha suta, of course)?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was hoping all along that Kaki would use Bakugames here given that it's practically his ace, so good for him. And I'm really glad that he's fighting a Bohmander since I'm a big fan of the species. Kind of hoping it's Ryuuki's.

ShadowForce720

hmm let's see here presuming that all the classmates make it to the top 16 so far the top 16 is breaking down like this(in no particular order):

Top 16
1.Ash
2.Kiawe
3.Lana
4.Lillie
5.Sophocles
6.Mallow
7.Gladion
8.Hau
9.Ilima
10.Guzma

So given that, that is only 10 competitors that means there are 6 slots left to fill, so given that there are 6 free slots left which characters do you think will likely fill those slots. By this I don't mean saying that you think "x" character will fill the slot just because you like them or there your favorite character or you just want to see them fill the spot, I mean for you to actually give a well thought out reason as to why that particular character would be likely to fill the slot.

Also as to why I don't have Masked Royal in the list right now it's because despite what some people might think it's not actually confirmed that Masked Royal will be in the league, yes Ash specifically asked Kukui if the Masked Royal is in the league to which Kukui dodged the question and sure we see Masked Royal and Ash fighting at the league in the opening, however this could all be easily fulfilled by having a battle with the Masked Royal as the reward for beating the league, and given how big and popular the Masked Royal is in the Alola Region it would make some sense.

Plus Kukui is hosting the tournament it would be easier for him if the battle with the Masked Royal was the reward instead of having him have to constantly switch to the alias in the tournament in multiple rounds and then explain why the very host of the tournament is oddly absent whenever the Masked Royal shows up.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Red and Blue said:
Gyarados, Salamance, looks like some of these trainers are packing some firepower. Makes me curious how the other classmates will survive

Two of Satoshi's classmates have Mythicals, so I guess that kind of increases their odds of making it to the next round. I don't know how Maamane will pass unless he fights a really weak opponent, however.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Bottom centre image is of Eevee and an Absol. There's also a picture of Snowy using a Z-Move, and Hau with the classmates on the lower right.

I can't tell what the Pokemon with Gladion is. From the gait, it resembles Midnight Lycanroc, but it's wearing some kind of oversized hat.

Red and Blue

Bottom centre image is of Eevee and an Absol. There's also a picture of Snowy using a Z-Move, and Hau with the classmates on the lower right.

I can't tell what the Pokemon with Gladion is. From the gait, it resembles Midnight Lycanroc, but it's wearing some kind of oversized hat.
It's definitely Midnight Lycanroc. Surprised Lillie isn't using Magearna in the Battle Royal honestly

Kintaro

Banned
She prolly wants to prove herself by using Snowy after it masters its Z Move although at the same time she's setting herself up for an L.

Considering Lillie might be the first SM companion to lose (unless Mallow or Sophocles goes before her), that's probably right.

Zariful

To be honest the masked royal being the prize for winning the league actually seems like a good idea to me. But I would still like it to be a full or five v five battle. I think Kanto and Unova are the only leagues where we haven't seen Ash have a traditional 6 v 6. But anyways I feel like Torracat is owed its victory against the masked royal's incineroar. Its worked so hard to reach new levels and Kukui has been there the whole time to witness it. Personally I think the reason we see Ash and The Masked Royal fighting in the league arena in that sequence is because Kukui really wants to fight Ash. He's wanted to battle Ash since the beginning. And he's done it a couple times as the Masked Royal. Whether Ash fights Kukui as his prize for winning or fighting in the finals or somewhere. My point being is I want to see Torracat's hardwork amount to something unlike the disgrace that was Greninja vs Charizard. But I'll be prepared for disappointment .

Leonhart

Imagineer
Red and Blue said:
Surprised Lillie isn't using Magearna in the Battle Royal honestly

She's either saving it for the next round, or perhaps she has no intention of using it at all since it's practically an antique and might have sentimental value given that Mohn previously owned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.