• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 7th: SM129 - Brawl! Battle Royal 151!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
So if 151 people are entering, it's not that everyone will win a game and get into top 16. There will be around 3-4 rounds of preliminaries. So many of the classmates could indeed get eliminated at this stage. Top 16 will mostly consist of other trainers and not all of the classmates will secure a spot in top 16!

Decidueye23

Ngl I think the premise is a neat idea. I wonder if there’s a limit on how many Pokèmon can be used.
probably will be a one v one. i mean most of them will be skimmed through so we reach the 16 by the end of the episode i am guessing, so even if its not 1v1, thats mostly what we ll get to see

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Ah, so it's the Tournament of Power, Pokemon style.

The Battle Royal was said to be important to Alola's lore in the games, so making the League one, but on a much grander scale is a pretty cool reference to that.

It's also a good way of showing a bunch of older recurring characters (hopefully) and then quickly getting them out without bloating the League with ten more episodes or something like that.

D

Deleted member 384931

We can be sure that Ash reached the top 16 haha. But yeah I feel they will sweep through it. Wonder if we are gonna see pokemon from other regions.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
16 from 151 trainer passing with the possibility of Lana or Lillie being one of them. Yeah no.

Seriously now it's a neat idea but it needs a second episode with that amount of matchups. Or they're rushing this preliminarie round off the tournament.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ah, so it's the Tournament of Power, Pokemon style.
Except it doesn't take an episode to eliminate at least 2 or 3 combatants.

I'd say it goes faster in-episode time, but the anime runs on a much slower time spectrum than the Tournament of Power did, which was still ridiculous (a whole DBS episode apparently was a whole minute in the episode).

D

Deleted member 384931

Why introducing so much trainers if you will get rid of the most participants directly?

Dream Lad

Banned
Ash
Lana
Kiawe
Sophocles
Lillie
Mallow
Team Rocket
Gladion
Ilima
Hau
Acerola
Kahili
Olivia
Hala
Guzma
The Masked Royal

That's 16 trainers.

I expect the Round of 16 to be 2 v 2s, so maybe some of the trainers will use their Ride Pokemon. The Round of 8 and Round of 4 will be 3 v 3s. Assuming Ash reaches the final, it would be a 5 v 5 or a full battle.

Round of 16: Ash v Team Rocket (Pikachu, Torracat)
Quarterfinals: Ash v Hau (Rowlet, Meltan, Poipole?)
Semifinals: Ash v Gladion (Pikachu, Lycanroc, Torracat)
Finals: Ash v Masked Royal (All)

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Ash
Lana
Kiawe
Sophocles
Lillie
Mallow
Team Rocket
Gladion
Ilima
Hau
Acerola
Kahili
Olivia
Hala
Guzma
The Masked Royal

That's 16 trainers.

I expect the Round of 16 to be 2 v 2s, so maybe some of the trainers will use their Ride Pokemon. The Round of 8 and Round of 4 will be 3 v 3s. Assuming Ash reaches the final, it would be a 5 v 5 or a full battle.

Round of 16: Ash v Team Rocket (Pikachu, Torracat)
Quarterfinals: Ash v Hau (Rowlet, Meltan, Poipole?)
Semifinals: Ash v Gladion (Pikachu, Lycanroc, Torracat)
Finals: Ash v Masked Royal (All)
Jessie and James are going to have to enter as two separate competitors.

p96822

Evolve me please
With 151 people then there well be 135 people who as lost the tournament. I do think this is rushing it more then the Kalos League did before. This is the second highest number of people entering the Pokemon league. Johto is the biggest Pokemon league of having 240 to 288 people. This is gonna be Don George Tourment of small

p96822

Evolve me please
I know it lore and all but this sound so lazy then just having a one on one match like before. Why isn't it more of the top 64 then 16. I mean it still in that rounded number.

Status
Not open for further replies.